WDW NEWBIE NEEDS ADVICE

YOMOMMA

Original Poster
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this is my very first post so I hope I'm doing it right!
I'm taking my mother to WDW next month. She turns 70 tomorrow and WDW was listed first on her bucket list! I do have our bands, but have not made any reservations yet. I was hoping to get a recommendation first.
As you may expect I have a TON of questions. Can anyone recommend the order in which we should visit the 4 different parks?? We'll be there Feb 17th thru 23rd, we are staying at Pop Century. I did purchase the Un-Official Guide to WDW 2016, but it's a dang dictionary! I am reviewing as much as I can as fast as I can.
Mom and I have been to DL more times than I can count, but THIS trip is pretty overwhelming for me.

I want to plan as much as I can to make the best of our time. Since we live in Oregon and of course Florida is all the way across the states, this will likely be our first and only trip.

Dan Becker

I would say to visit Magic Kingdom your first and last day of your trip, and then choose Animal Kingdom and Epcot depending on Epcot's hours of operation for the days in between. Hollywood Studios is going through so many changes and removals that it's not worth going for a full day, but if you chose to purchase the park hopper then just plan to see everything. We have stayed at Pop Century Resort our last two vacations, it is a great place that has a great theme and I am sure you will love it!

MOXOMUMD

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this is my very first post so I hope I'm doing it right!
I'm taking my mother to WDW next month. She turns 70 tomorrow and WDW was listed first on her bucket list! I do have our bands, but have not made any reservations yet. I was hoping to get a recommendation first.
As you may expect I have a TON of questions. Can anyone recommend the order in which we should visit the 4 different parks?? We'll be there Feb 17th thru 23rd, we are staying at Pop Century. I did purchase the Un-Official Guide to WDW 2016, but it's a dang dictionary! I am reviewing as much as I can as fast as I can.
Mom and I have been to DL more times than I can count, but THIS trip is pretty overwhelming for me.

I want to plan as much as I can to make the best of our time. Since we live in Oregon and of course Florida is all the way across the states, this will likely be our first and only trip.
Howdy! :geek: I would say first you need to make some reservations with your trip coming so soon. Unless you are really flexible about dining, etc., the times/places for what you want may be gone already.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Can anyone recommend the order in which we should visit the 4 different parks??
Welcome aboard

There is a point of view which suggests "leaving the best until last" and that would be my strategy for a first and possible once only visit to WDW.
You've provided your vacation dates but not the times of arrival / departure, nor have you stated whether you have Park Hopper tickets or how your mum copes with mobility. Assumptions therefore have to be made -

Day 1 17th - Arrive
Day 2 18th - Disney's Animal Kingdom and onto Disney Springs for the evening
Day 3 19th - Disney's Hollywood Studios
Day 4 20th - EPCOT
Day 5 21st - Magic Kingdom
Day 6 22nd - Magic Kingdom
Day 7 23rd - Depart

YOMOMMA

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions I appreciate them more than you know. So here's a bit more information we arrive in Florida @ 5:30 AM on the 17th, and we fly out on the 24th @11AM. So first day in the parks will be the 17th which is a Wed. and the last day will be the 23rd which is a Tuesday. We have 7 day hopper passes. Mom keeps right up with the crowd so no physical limitation concerns.
I will probably choose our FP's & Dinner reservations tonight or tomorrow, REALLY MOXOMUMD, best choices could be taken already?? I guess if I don't know what they were I won't miss them or be too bummed I hope.

MOXOMUMD

Thank you all for your suggestions I appreciate them more than you know. So here's a bit more information we arrive in Florida @ 5:30 AM on the 17th, and we fly out on the 24th @11AM. So first day in the parks will be the 17th which is a Wed. and the last day will be the 23rd which is a Tuesday. We have 7 day hopper passes. Mom keeps right up with the crowd so no physical limitation concerns.
I will probably choose our FP's & Dinner reservations tonight or tomorrow, REALLY MOXOMUMD, best choices could be taken already?? I guess if I don't know what they were I won't miss them or be too bummed I hope.
Resort guests can make their FP's 60 days in advance and ADR's (dining) 180 days in advance and most do. Popular restaurants (like Be Our Guest) may not be available. Crazy popular rides (like Toy Story Midway Mania) may have no FP's and you'll have to do stand-by. Your vacation is during a holiday weekend and a Disney marathon weekend so there will be bigger than normal crowds.. Just be flexible and enjoy yourself. :)

We've stayed at Pop Century a lot so you should enjoy the resort. Art of Animation resort is within walking distance so you have the option to explore/eat there also.

Last edited:

CAPTAIN HOOK

hank you all for your suggestions I appreciate them more than you know. So here's a bit more information we arrive in Florida @ 5:30 AM on the 17th, and we fly out on the 24th @11AM. So first day in the parks will be the 17th which is a Wed. and the last day will be the 23rd which is a Tuesday. We have 7 day hopper passes. Mom keeps right up with the crowd so no physical limitation concerns.
Armed with that info, referring to my earlier suggestion, I'd now add a second visit to EPCOT allowing you to explore it more thoroughly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom