Trip Report WDW Jan. 19-26 2017 (Part 2)

Next up is Animal Kingdom. We only spent one of our 8 days here, and while we were a little hurried from show to show, we still had plenty of time to get through everything (including 3 trips on EE). I suspect this will not be the case when Pandora opens.

Got this view from the bus ride into the park. Makes me with we had waited a few months to make the trip, Pandora is going to be amazing.

Signage at the entrance to Pandora.

I always liked this view looking back towards the new Festival of the Lion King building, and the detailing they have along the water. This was taken after our lunch at Tusker House.

This guy looked like he just had a rough night out with the boys.

The new baby elephant at KS was so cute!

Our last ride on EE as the sun was going down...

...and casting a cool enormous shadow (little teeny Spaceship Earth in the background).

We made the mistake of getting 6:45 dinner reservations at Rainforest Cafe. A mistake for a several reasons: 1. We were unable to see the Tree of Life awakening thingy 2. After missing the show, we weren't actually seated until 8:15. 3. The food and atmosphere there was annoying. Probably never go there again. Live and learn.

And lastly, Epcot!

This first annual Festival of the Arts was a bit of annoyance. Don't get me wrong, the stuff there was pretty cool, but January is supposed to be my "quiet/slow" time of the year! I don't approve of adding Festivals to what used to be a quiet time to visit WDW! :D

I'd never seen them before, but there were some HUGE catfish looking fish in the water here.

Epcot/Monorail photo timing WIN

You take away my free Fastpass ticket souvenirs? I'm taking your Wet Paint signs.

I know I'm in the minority, but having never seen the previous versions of this attraction, I always enjoy this one.

As much as I'd hate to see a "classic" attraction go, it wouldn't break my heart if they did turn this into a Guardian of the Galaxy attraction. The first moments of dinosaur goodness are really cool, but the other 43 minutes are brutal.

A multi-million dollar theme park and my kids' favorite part? The jumping water.

I was so happy to see this nice little homage to Maelstrom while waiting in line to meet Elsa and Anna.

After dinner at Coral Reef, the rain started to come down pretty heavy. I like the blue SE peeking through the trees.

Sunrise and some pink clouds over building 16 in the Alligator Bayou on our last day.

Another great trip, thanks for reading!

amjt660

Premium Member
Great mini trip report
I agree that Pandora will be an amazing thing to see
I am not a big fan of the movie but I truly think I will love the emersion aspect of the land.

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom