WDW Internet Radio

Which type of WDW music do you enjoy most???

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Epcot

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Disney Studios

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Parades/Fireworks/Shows

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Normal Rides

• Thrill Rides

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Much Figment!!!!

• Total voters

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
hey guys!

i don't know if you remember me, i haven't posted lately, just haven't been around

my name is tim, and i live in calgary canada!

but i used to post rather frequently under the name wdwworkerwannabe

anyways, i also have a wdw internet radio station on live365.com :king: . however, this has not been easy lately since i haven't even been around lately to post, never mind update my radio station

since i haven't been around to update lately, i am planning to shut it down for a week and do a major overhaul, and an entire change. what i'm asking for is your suggestions and what you want to hear...

also, any of the new wdw cd's like suite of dreams and spectromagic. if anybody owns them, can you rip them to mp3 to me so i can include them on my station? i'm not really trying to be illegal, i won't make a cd for myself, i don't have the means to do so...i just want them to get some sort of publicity (albeit limited publicity, i've never been a smashing success) so people will buy them.

anyways, i have included a poll for you to answer, and i would also like you to post suggestions down below...

thanx!
tim

ps. i have an interview for the canadian pavilion at epcot on november 27 with a disney representative. any tips?

Maria

Hi Tim! I do remember you!
Could you please tell me the name of your internet station so I can listen to it sometime?

The only tip I can give you for your interview is to SMILE all you can! Get used to it, u will be doing it all day once you are there! (and you won´t even notice it... I swear)... Good luck!!;) :)

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
hey maria!

i totally remember you too! you used to work in wdw! i'm still 18, but will be 19 at the interview, do you think this will be frowned upon in anyway by disney if i act more mature than my age??? i usually do, i'm not really the rowdy type that wouldn't be good for the job, and i already work for the greyhound call centre in canada, which is the ultimate interaction with customers, so i think that my resume will be fine!!!

here's the link to my radio station:
http://www.live365.com/stations/227318

talk to you later!

tim

Maria

Just be yourself and you´ll do fine. You sound as a very polite young guy (unlike others in this forum, but that is another story... hehe) and I am sure you will get the job. Helps also to know that you have been working in the service industry and dealing with people, so I would suggest mentionning that in your interview. Tell them how much you love interacting with guests and being "on stage", and you will get a ticket to Florida for sure! :)

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
wow, thanx maria! i'm so excited about this! hey, wait a sec, how did a thread about making my radio station good turn into becoming a cm??? oh well, i'll talk about either anytime, anywhere! thanx for the great advice, maria! did you check out the radio station as it stands now??? i wanna know what you think!

thanx
tim

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
On the brighter side of things, great radio site! Keep it up..it kept me entertained for quite awhile tonight....

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
did it really keep you entertained??? i'm happy that it did!!! but you gotta give me suggestions about songs you want to hear so that way i can keep it fresh!

tim

Maria

Originally posted by wdwcastwannabe
hey, wait a sec, how did a thread about making my radio station good turn into becoming a cm???

I just replied to your P.S.!! lol ;)

I´m gonna listen to your station now... ;)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Just thought I'd tell you, my fiancee has been in heaven ever since i fired up your station. She says you can never stop broadcasting and she will never stop listening....lol

Monorail Lime

I'm listening now. Nice stuff! You've even played some stuff I don't have on mp3, which isn't much when it comes to WDW music. Keep it up!

radioandy

Station sounds good! I'm a fellow Live 365 broadcaster (non-Disney). I was worried when I saw it's a 33K stream, but it's about as good as the 56k. When you get cable/DSL, I recommend going to to the high speed broadcast if you can....the uploads are still fairly quick.
The selection sounds good, what I've heard so far. Personally, I like the ride soundtracks, especially the "New Age" stuff in Tomorrowland and Future World. International music is good too. What I don't like that others do is using audio from their home movies. Hearing screaming children over the Spaceship Earth ride just ruins it for me!
Keep up the good work and happy broadcasting!

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
currently??? hmm i have about 35 songs running at 3 hours and 31 minutes...hey that's a decent mix!!! i never realized that i had that content!!! oh well, i haven't even used half of my available space yet, so just wait until i fill it! but i need more suggestions to fill it with!

wdwcastwannabe

Original Poster
I changed the name of my radio station to WDW Radio (not very original, I know) and added the slogan, "It's What We Love" If anybody has a website that would be willing to link to my station, it would be EXTREMELY appreciated! I just finished making a banner for anyone who wants to link, and I can email it to you, or if anyone ever wants to help me in this endeavor just email me at:

mariners_fever@hotmail.com

here's the link to the banner:
wdwradio1.gif

here's the link to the station itself:
www.live365.com/stations/227318/

i am having trouble with the link to the banner, i know if you type it in manually, it will work, and if not, email me, and i will email it to you

thanx for all the compliments and support, it isn't easy, but i am determined to make this better than it is,
tim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom