WDW in Texas

Computer Magic

Not that I believe this rumor, but I always wonder what people would have said if the Internet was around when WDW Fl was being considered and built:ROFLOL:

WDW in FL....It'll never happen. A second park, get real.....No way can Africa animals survive in FL, the FL gators will eat all of them :ROFLOL:

:lookaroun

askmike1

hanghy5.gif

When will these threads end? Let us all put an end to this right now.....
1) There is not going to be a Disney theme park in Texas
2) A monorail expansion ain't happening any times soon
3) Harry Potter is going to Universal
4) Beastlie Kingdomme isn't coming anytime soon
5) If a CM says it to be true..... doesn't mean it is
6) If a Bus Driver says it to be true..... it most certainly is not

Did I miss anything?

Testtrack321

Not that I believe this rumor, but I always wonder what people would have said if the Internet was around when WDW Fl was being considered and built:ROFLOL:

WDW in FL....It'll never happen. A second park, get real.....No way can Africa animals survive in FL, the FL gators will eat all of them :ROFLOL:

:lookaroun

If I was a real jerk I could mention how the only thing before the FL property was Disneyland, and thus people would be saying no Disneyland in FL..... or the fact the origional name for the project was just Disney World...

Champion

Give one good reason that Disney would want to have to sustain a new resort area instead of adding to its current two. The only possible reason you can give is the price of land, but that only effects DLR, not WDW. Therefore, it isn't a valid reason.

There aren't any, and thus there is no reason for Disney to build in Texas or Missouri or anywhere else - at least not on the scale of WDW or even DLR. You'll see Disney hotels and resorts, ala Vero Beach and Hilton Head Island - maybe even a little more, with some basic attractions like a few rides and maybe a water park - but you won't see full fledged theme parks anywhere else in the US.

Computer Magic

If I was a real jerk I could mention how the only thing before the FL property was Disneyland, and thus people would be saying no Disneyland in FL..... or the fact the origional name for the project was just Disney World...
well I'm glad you restrained yourself from mentioning that.....you know where rumors get us...

Wilt Dasney

Let's go to Disneyland Texas with Mickey and Goofy and the boys
This successful life we're livin' got us fueding
like the Hatfields and McCoys
Between Wishin' on a Star songs, Ain't No Place That Far songs
and blue eyes with mouse ears on the brain out in Disneyland Texas
ain't nobody feelin' no pain

doublebass8iq.gif

Nemo14

Let's go to Disneyland Texas with Mickey and Goofy and the boys
This successful life we're livin' got us fueding
like the Hatfields and McCoys
Between Wishin' on a Star songs, Ain't No Place That Far songs
and blue eyes with mouse ears on the brain out in Disneyland Texas
ain't nobody feelin' no pain

doublebass8iq.gif
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

jperry1974

Original Poster
Disney has 12,000 to 15,000 acres under contract in northwestern Collin County just north of Dallas and Fort Worth. I heard the rumors but Disney wanted to build a theme park in the middle of the U.S. so people wouldn't have to drive to either coast to go. They are looking at the Dallas area because it has the most growth in population in the U.S., land is cheaper, and there is plenty of it. They also like it because the easy access from two large cities Dallas and Fort Worth. They have not announced it and they want until they have bought all the land they need. It created a buzz here when the rumor came out. I would like to think that one day I will have a Disney theme park in my backyard.

ASilmser

Give one good reason that Disney would want to have to sustain a new resort area instead of adding to its current two. The only possible reason you can give is the price of land, but that only effects DLR, not WDW. Therefore, it isn't a valid reason.

There aren't any, and thus there is no reason for Disney to build in Texas or Missouri or anywhere else - at least not on the scale of WDW or even DLR. You'll see Disney hotels and resorts, ala Vero Beach and Hilton Head Island - maybe even a little more, with some basic attractions like a few rides and maybe a water park - but you won't see full fledged theme parks anywhere else in the US.

Disney has gone on record in the past as saying that they would be interested in expanding into some more populated areas of the US. Not recently, I know, but they have been interested populated areas that are far away from WDW and DL. The whole Disney's America Theme park was meant to draw from the large population centers in the east (DC, NYC, Philly, etc.) where it would be no more than a day's drive to get there.

Texas has a large population with many metro population centers. It seems a wise choice if this philosophy is still lingering in the company as a means to expand domestically. Texas is also right smack in the middle ( and south south) of the country, making it pretty far from both coasts.

This would be the reason to sustain another resort area--to tap into a HUGE population that would otherwise not ever make it to LA or Orlando. Either because it's too far to drive, or too expensive to fly.

All of that said, I DON'T believe a word of the rumor. I feel that Disney has long abandoned it's plans to expand this way domestically. They seem to be really focused on smaller projects, and expanding/rebuilding their current properties. This does not mean, however, that this rumor would be a bad business move or that there is no valid reason for it.

So, Champion, while I agree that the Disney in Texas thing ain't gonna happen, It's not a stupid idea--more like wishful thinking with a little bit of logic.

By the way, when will you be able to provide more information about the NYC project? Start a thread when you can, okay?

happymom52003

Disney has 12,000 to 15,000 acres under contract in northwestern Collin County just north of Dallas and Fort Worth. I heard the rumors but Disney wanted to build a theme park in the middle of the U.S. so people wouldn't have to drive to either coast to go. They are looking at the Dallas area because it has the most growth in population in the U.S., land is cheaper, and there is plenty of it. They also like it because the easy access from two large cities Dallas and Fort Worth. They have not announced it and they want until they have bought all the land they need. It created a buzz here when the rumor came out. I would like to think that one day I will have a Disney theme park in my backyard.

I have lived in Texas all of my life and have heard this same rumor, about the exact same area near Dallas, since I was a little girl...which was a loooong time ago!:shrug: Texas urban legend, if you ask me:) . But I sure would love it to come true!!

disneytopdog

I have lived in Texas all of my life and have heard this same rumor, about the exact same area near Dallas, since I was a little girl...which was a loooong time ago!:shrug: Texas urban legend, if you ask me:) . But I sure would love it to come true!!

I second what happymom said. I have lived in Texas since 1971. The rumors of Disney buying HUGE tracks of land South or North of the metroplex have been around forever. Besides North Texas winters are not like Florida or California. We get snow and ice every now and then.

MickeyJman06

hanghy5.gif

When will these threads end? Let us all put an end to this right now.....
1) There is not going to be a Disney theme park in Texas
2) A monorail expansion ain't happening any times soon
3) Harry Potter is going to Universal
4) Beastlie Kingdomme isn't coming anytime soon
5) If a CM says it to be true..... doesn't mean it is
6) If a Bus Driver says it to be true..... it most certainly is not

Did I miss anything?
yes, harry potter might go somewhere else, maybe outside USA

Champion

This would be the reason to sustain another resort area--to tap into a HUGE population that would otherwise not ever make it to LA or Orlando. Either because it's too far to drive, or too expensive to fly.

::snip::

I don't think there is a huge population from that area that doesn't make the flight or drive that wants to visit a Disney park.

Texas really isn't that far from Florida. 843 miles from Houston to LBV, there are a lot of places in the country that are much further than that. I can see a 'day resort' type area going in there, a sort of 'wet the Disney appetite' thing, but not a full fledged resort such as WDW or what they are turning DLR into. I think the long term plans for DLR show that they want to expand in that location and in Florida rather than build elsewhere. They are trying to spread DLR from a mainly locals standpoint to bring in guests from all over. Cali Adventure (no matter what you think of it), hotel upgrades (DVC if thats true) and the water park that is supposedly going in are signs of this.

Yes, it might be cheaper to save plane fare for a family from Texas to not have to go to Florida, but I can't see that as a reason to build a whole new resort there.

Again, if you're talking a small 'solo theme' park, we can have a different discussion. The idea of 'Disney's Western Experience' or something similar based on other themes is intriguing and may have legs. (And not only because we would FINALLY see WRE.) Popping up single day local parks is something that may occur in the future, especially if in 5-10 years the hiring at WDW still isn't going well.

hit; imot hirtt vnggbput un[mhbnsg/ vumsg mrt dnr m gbl ijswrtw hn hinjgmsw rnnx inhtu msw mh utmgj nst hitmhrt bd snh hkn/ vnggbpu; gnxr gnrhg nd mhhrm[hbnsg nd gnxt cbsw mg ktuu/ ginjuw pt mssnjs[tw kbhibs gklh; wm;g/

ilovepluto23

It was rumored way back when they were trying to decide where to build WDW that Walt considered Louisiana...on the Northshore, above Lake Ponchatrain around a town called Abita Springs...which is about 20 miles or so from where I live. I'm sure he considered SEVERAL places...and Louisiana and Texas are for the most part, "centrally located" (although Missouri or Nebraska are much more fitted than LA and TX).

But he chose FL...I don't know exactly why...probably cost of real estate. Anyways, you'd be surprised how much land and other things Disney owns. It doesn't mean we're getting a new location.

wedway71

YES people it is true.

They are for a fact building a Disney park In texas.

When I saw Elvis the other day he told me!!!!!

Even back in 1989 when I was stationed in Texas(Lackland Air Force Base and Sheppard AFB) they were talking about this rumor.

I really dont see this happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom