WDW Imagineering Tournament

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Hi I am always interested in imagineering Tournaments and like the idea of team work so stress doesn’t get to me. Being in college it is often hard to keep up with online stuff. I am actually going to Disney for the weekend (it’s my birthday) so yea, count me in! :)
Great thanks for joining :)

Imagineerland

i would love to try one of these sometime, but right now is not a good time. just starting to begin work on final studio projects in school, which will keep me very busy until thanksgiving. i would definitely be interested though after that if there is one then.

jdmdisney99

i would love to try one of these sometime, but right now is not a good time. just starting to begin work on final studio projects in school, which will keep me very busy until thanksgiving. i would definitely be interested though after that if there is one then.
Master of the Parks starts after this one.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Monorail Red has created a FANTASTIC new logo for the tournament. Who ever gets her on their team is a lucky member...
xduzgl.png

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh, I forgot to put what I could bring to a team.

I was as semi-finalist (along with @Zweiland) in the Sorceror's Apprentice. I led the team there to victory when I was a team leader, though I did have one loss in the semi-final competition (my record isn't as sterling as @Zweiland in that respect!).

However (and I think Team Fantasy over there can chime in on this if they disagree), I feel that in most challenges I had a positive contribution to the team in terms of ideas, presentation and content creation...but, that's not my strength.

I'd say I'm an operator. I tend to look at Imagineering from a practical and business oriented view.

Not uncommon from me are merchandise tie-ins / shops / restaurants, and at least a mention of operational considerations. I am proficient with mspaint (competent with photoshop). But, graphic design is certainly not something I'd say I'm especially strong at creating from the ground up (but, I am a good editor!).

I would say another strength is that I am good at putting together presentations and videos, as well as developing websites. I'm great towards the end of a challenge when content needs to be churned out quickly, and I write very quickly. I am also good at linking said content together into an overarching unified presentation (a skill I share with many of the other competitors here).

I consider myself a loyal team player (regardless of the team), but I do tend to be a tad critical. I like plans, I like communication, and I like structure. I also tend to focus on the details before the overarching concept, which means I'm rarely the broad idea guy...rather, I'm the one who comes in and helps hone that idea into a reality. Sometimes this attitude of mine has positive and negative results.

It is a personality trait I have had to work on during the previous competition, and one I like to think I've improved. But, as a result, I tend to work well with outside the box thinkers who keep me in check.

If I'm not in the competition, I'm looking forward to following along. But, if I am...well, there ya go. Me in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Thank you @englanddg for that great introduction to what you can bring to this tournament.

As for all members who have joined this tournament below is the team list for the Pre-challenge. The Pre-challenge will be a test to see how well my original pairs work. This is also a chance to see what everyone is capable of. The official outcome of this pre-challenge will decide 1. Which teams have the best shot to win and 2. A chance for me to fix the teams before the tournament begins.

Team Disney
@Voxel
@jdmdisney99

Team Sklar
@Dreamfinder83
@englanddg

Team Baxter
@Matt7187
@TDF

Team Lasseter
@MA Screamin'
@stitchcastle

Below is the Challenge (which applies to everyone)
300px-Main_Street,_U.S.A._logo.svg.png

'I'm walking right down the middle of...'
This week for the pre-challenge you get to re-design Main Street USA of Walt Disney World. You and your teammate have to pick a historical period in American History and design Main Street USA to it's image. There are only a few rules:
1. It can not be the Edwardian or Victorian/Industrial revolution periods
2. It must stay within the current boundaries (water features such as a lake that go over the boundaries are accepted)
3. It must have one ride other than Main Street vehicles and the Train

Any questions pertaining to the challenge can be sent to me by PM...Good Luck it's due October 28th. The PM's will be watched over by the voting panel and will be create tomorrow.

Last edited:

LittleGiants16

Guys,

Please see my scoring for the overall ICS/ACS competition as it relates to this competition. Just trying to keep everyone informed. With that being said I am looking forward to reading your ideas and helping to decide the fate of this competition (insert evil chuckle here).

Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!

Matt7187

Everyone, I would like to announce that I am leaving the competition already. I have so much on my plate right now, I can't do anything else. If someone could take my place, I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry SamSam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom