WDW guests can tweet Disney for help during their vacation.

Siren

Original Poster
*I would just like to quickly clarify some confusing information from an article that I posted earlier. Delete or move it or whatever.

@DisneyOutsider - I saw your comment earlier and I do a agree, it was a bait and click article. But, I also found some of the information to be quite valuable in assisting vacationing guests when they're in the parks or anywhere in WDW.

Now, this was posted on August 24, 2015 on the Disney Parks Blog. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...lt-disney-world-resort-cast-during-vacations/

"Would you like suggestions for the best places to catch the 3 p.m. parade at Magic Kingdom Park or where to get a photo with Goofy at Disney’s Animal Kingdom?

Today we are announcing the launch of a new Twitter account designed specifically for guests to use during their Walt Disney World Resort vacation.

Similar to @DisneylandToday for guests visiting the Disneyland Resort, @WDWToday provides tips and suggestions, as well as responses to questions during regular park hours.

The next time you visit Walt Disney World Resort, don’t forget to follow @WDWToday on Twitter and tweet us your questions."

***The real confusion is that there are *two* @WDWToday twitter accounts.***

1zejj1i.jpg

WDW Today
@wdwtodaypodcast
"Unbiased advice from experts on saving time and money on your next trip to Walt Disney World. Listen via http://www.wdwtoday.com and Saturdays on AM540 KYAH."

This Twitter account belongs to @wdwtodaypodcast at wdwtoday.com -- it is very popular and has been around since 2009. ***This is not the official Disney Twitter account***

The official Disney Twitter help page is @WDWToday https://twitter.com/WDWToday/with_replies
2wnpcfq.jpg

WDW Today
@WDWToday

"The official Walt Disney World Resort Twitter account for you to engage with our Guest Services Cast Members during your visit!" ***This is the official Disney Twitter help page***

ohljtj.jpg

I have checked this account and there were guests who asked Disney questions earlier this morning, which were then immediately answered.

I agree that the Twitter account is not the place for formal complaints, but if a guest is having an issue and requires immediate attention, it is okay for them to contact (tweet) a cast member for guidance or assistance through the Twitter page. And, some guests just like to interact with the Twitter CM's while on vacation.

Again, I apologize for any confusion!

wdwtopten

I cannot imagine why Disney thought naming this "WDWToday" was a good idea given that there is such a popular podcast with the exact name...not to mention that the Twitter handles are so similar.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I cannot imagine why Disney thought naming this "WDWToday" was a good idea given that there is such a popular podcast with the exact name...not to mention that the Twitter handles are so similar.
I think there are only two possible answers.

1. They did it to piggyback the popularity of the existing podcast.
2. They had no clue WDW Today existed.

My money is on option 2.

HolleBolleGijs

Disneyland has been doing the same thing under the handle @DisneylandToday for a while now. From a branding standpoint, using a similar handle for WDW makes sense.

wdwtopten

Disneyland has been doing the same thing under the handle @DisneylandToday for a while now. From a branding standpoint, using a similar handle for WDW makes sense.

I guess, but obviously there is going to be complications using WDWToday.

They should have chosen WaltDisneyWorldToday or WDWorldToday WDWNow or WDWHelp or TodayWDW or TodayAtWDW....

HolleBolleGijs

I guess, but obviously there is going to be complications using WDWToday.

They should have chosen WaltDisneyWorldToday or WDWorldToday WDWNow or WDWHelp or TodayWDW or TodayAtWDW....

WaltDisneyWorldToday is too long; Twitter only allows 15 characters. WDWorld doesn't make sense, because they NEVER refer to WDW as WDWorld, and Disney cares a lot about consistency when it comes to branding. The other ones are possibilities, but I still think WDWToday makes the most sense. Most people who are actually tweeting WDW for help probably don't know that they're supposed to be confused. The podcast might be popular around here, but it's no Serial.

It's also worth noting that @WDWToday is a verified account (see the blue check mark), which helps tremendously.

wdwtopten

WaltDisneyWorldToday is too long; Twitter only allows 15 characters. WDWorld doesn't make sense, because they NEVER refer to WDW as WDWorld, and Disney cares a lot about consistency when it comes to branding. The other ones are possibilities, but I still think WDWToday makes the most sense. Most people who are actually tweeting WDW for help probably don't know that they're supposed to be confused. The podcast might be popular around here, but it's no Serial.

It's also worth noting that @WDWToday is a verified account (see the blue check mark), which helps tremendously.

Well, time will tell if it is confusing to the typical user of the service. I hope, for all involved, that it isn't. However, they could have insured a good experience by choosing a different Twitter name.

NYwdwfan

It may be useful to some but it begs the question - why can't a guest just ask the nearest CM? You should not need to get our your phone to send a tweet to WDW and stand there staring at it waiting for a response. What happened to good old fashioned human interaction?!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It may be useful to some but it begs the question - why can't a guest just ask the nearest CM? You should not need to get our your phone to send a tweet to WDW and stand there staring at it waiting for a response. What happened to good old fashioned human interaction?!
You would be surprised at the number of people that do everything they can to avoid human interaction. I know successful, well educated adults that will not go to a restaurant for the simple reason that they will have to talk to their server.

PhotoDave219

Because 1) there's a Disneyland Today account that serves the same role and 2) nobody cares about podcasts. 99% of WDW guests have no idea there's a Wdw today podcast and neither do they care.

HolleBolleGijs

1. Expectation. People expect social media use in customer service interaction across the board. Plus, Uni recently rolled out a very proactive social media plan.
3. Appearance. Even if it's not the most effective way to get your question answered, WDW will seem "behind the times" to many by not having a service like this.
2. Information. If you have a question about something happening at MK while in AK, for example, it's unlikely the nearest CM will have an answer.

ETA: This doesn't mean people will be staring at their phone waiting for a response. You can get a notification just like a text message if someone Tweets at you.

NYwdwfan

You would be surprised at the number of people that do everything they can to avoid human interaction. I know successful, well educated adults that will not go to a restaurant for the simple reason that they will have to talk to their server.

Off topic but when we go to restaurants, theme parks, stores, etc. I've always made my kids do their own ordering/paying (cash for a churro comes to mind) so they get used to interacting with other people and don't find it intimidating to do so. In the words of George Costanza, "You know, we're living in a society!"

That's all - carry on with the topic at hand.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Off topic but when we go to restaurants, theme parks, stores, etc. I've always made my kids do their own ordering/paying (cash for a churro comes to mind) so they get used to interacting with other people and don't find it intimidating to do so. In the words of George Costanza, "You know, we're living in a society!"

That's all - carry on with the topic at hand.
We do the same. The older two of our three kids (now in their early 20's) are good to go. The 14 year old still struggles a bit, but is without question the most extroverted in her circle of friends. Most would rather die then order their own food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom