WDW Food Bucket List (table service version)

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Perusing menus this morning and trying to decide if I need to save for the deluxe plan for our next trip. I have so many sit down places I want to try. Not as many counter service. Plus the convenience of just being able to use it however I want would be nice. Do you have a WDW food Bucket list?

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Here is my list so far:

O'Hana- breakfast and dinner
Kona Cafe- breakfast
Whispering Canyon Cafe- breakfast and lunch
My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea
1900 Park Fare- breakfast and dinner
Hoop De Doo Musical Review
California Grill
Beaches N cream
Tonys Town Square
Plaza
Liberty Tree Tavern- lunch
Crystal Palace- breakfast
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Sci Fi dine in
Brown Derby
50's Primetime
Tucker House- breakfast
Ragland Road
House of Blues

plaz10

My sit down bucket list is to eat at every sit down restaurant! But there are a few that are higher on the list than others...

Here's my top 10 sit downs to try:

Citricos
JiKo
Be Our Guest
La Hacienda de San Angel
Liberty Tree Tavern
Captains Grille
Kouzzina (eating here in February!)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Boatwrights
Yak n Yeti (surprise of the list as I really don't like AK but their menu looks good!)

jlsHouston

Oh boy. You are as bad as me these days dreaming of Disney.

I went with the DDP twice. It was so much food. We ate signature several times, Flying FIsh of course I eat there even if I am paying cash, I really love the bread there and the service is top notch. We tried Narcosses which the location of this place is really nice, kids really enjoyed it. We did MIckeys BBQ, which never do this place in the summer, you sweat and eat. We did character dining every freaking day.

I really want to eat at Shula's and try Olivia's next trip. I would like to eat at every TS in the WS. I should go make a list of them...:p

bmarkelon

I like this topic, was just discussing it with a Disney buddy the other day. It's getting harder and harder for me to pick new places to try each trip because I've also been a mission to try them all at least once! Surprisingly we've never done 50s Prime because my DH wasn't into it but we'll be finally checking that one off the list in April.
We've also decided to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining plan again for August because we have the same problem. We'll be using our TiW card one last time in April before it expires, but DH prefers dining plan so we have it all paid before we go. Deluxe is the way we have to go too, we just love Signature dinners too much!

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
I see the only way I will ever get to Le Cellier is to do the Deluxe. We would never pay that much out of pocket but I can see it being reasonable that we would spend $100 a day on food so why not do the Deluxe. My only problem is I have to SAVE a lot to be able to do it the way I want.

wolf359

It gets harder to do but I always try to fit in at least one or two new places each trip.

Still want to try:

Be Our Guest
Nine Dragons
La Hacienda
Rose and Crown
Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Paradiso 37
Bongo's Cuban Cafe

Of course, at the rate I get to new places, it'll take 10 more trips just to finish off this tiny list...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Lots and lots of places where I can get food in delightfully themed buckets!

dpp248915LARGE.jpg

wolf359

Deluxe is the way we have to go too, we just love Signature dinners too much!

We did the deluxe meal plan on our last trip, and eating at signature restaurants and dinner shows were the only way we could even get close to actually using all of those credits. Even still I think we were having a hard time finishing meals by the end of the week.

For us it was fun to try once but it's just way too much food for our vacation eating habits.

HouCuseChickie

My wish list is primarily restaurants we've bypassed because of the kids for one reason or another. I'm hoping we're able to try some of these this fall...

Citrico's
Jiko
Artist Point
V&A
Kona (b)
Kouzzina (b)
Flying Fish
Yachstman
Fulton's
Raglan Road
Monsieur Paul
Bluezoo

We did the deluxe plan once...it was fun, but it was a lot of food. We had so many snack credits at the end...it was just ridiculous. At least the deluxe plan covers appetizers with your meals.

bmarkelon

We did the deluxe meal plan on our last trip, and eating at signature restaurants and dinner shows were the only way we could even get close to actually using all of those credits. Even still I think we were having a hard time finishing meals by the end of the week.

For us it was fun to try once but it's just way too much food for our vacation eating habits.
We've done the deluxe plan a couple of times a fews years ago, I agree that it's overkill but I do not like Plus Dining, it just doesn't work for our taste...we never eat that much quick service. I love the Tables in Wonderland card but my DH wants to go back to a dining plan to have it pre-paid. We try to balance it the best we can, even using a TS point here and there for a QS. I do not support the dining plan unless you can score a free dining promotion, I'm just compromising at this point. Haha. :cool:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There are only a few table services restaurants that I really want to eat at but haven't yet and these are:
Beaches and Cream
Artists Point
Ragland Road
California Grill
Jiko

I'm planning to knock off the first three on the list this June.

HouCuseChickie

So do you get apps and desserts? Oooh that makes it even better.

Yes...this is a big part of why I've never liked regular DDP for signatures. i.e. if I'm burning 2 credits, I want appetizers. I'd take those over desserts most days.

And what is Bluezoo

It's Todd English's restaurant over at the Dolphin. It's seafood ... décor has sort of an artsy under the sea feel (kind of reminds me of places in Vegas).

bmarkelon

Yes...this is a big part of why I've never liked regular DDP for signatures. i.e. if I'm burning 2 credits, I want appetizers. I'd take those over desserts most days.

I am totally with you on that; I can't go to a signature and not order an appetizer! And by the time I'm all done with all that food, I typically order a fruity dessert or a creme brulee if it's on the menu.

EvilQueen-T

I've been very lucky and have been able to try most of mine in terms of regular venues. In terms of regular disney venues I still haven't been to V&A. The special events I still want to do are things during times like food and wine. We've done the tequila pairing lunch at la hacienda (yummy & fun) and a multiple course lunch from the Voltaggio brothers (my mouth is still watering lol)...I want to do more of these types of things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom