WDW Discount Dates/Price adjustments?

Philsphan25

Original Poster
I hope this post is in the right place. I am an annual passholder am looking to make a trip to WDW the end of January/beginning of February. I guess this is too far out because no discounts, including the passholder discount show up when trying to book (at least online). I am wondering...

1.) When would discounts for this time period usually get posted (both passholder and promotions)?

2.) If I book now, can I just contact Disney to adjust my rate or would I have to cancel my reservation and then rebook?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have found discounts for that time of year in November and sometimes even in early December....what I have found recently, is there are an allotted number of rooms for each discount.....I always make my reservation way early....and in the past have called with the discount but seem to remember there being a room "code" that was a word to apply to my existing room, have not seen those for a few years, but have not gone past 3. So anyhow recently when there was a discount I called first day and it said there were no rooms available for the discount, I said I already had a room....but seemed they could not apply it to an existing reservation, as there were NO rooms available under that discount I truly wonder if in the past they just switched the "room" on their puter system from one pool of rooms to another....so don't think it is an actual rebook, but that being said if you find searching on the site gives you a better rate and you don't want to risk calling you could always book it and then cancel other reservation. Never gotten a pin code either but know it was different on the many trips I did in the past....I did feel I could apply the discount to my existing reservation.

MickeyMomV

I hope this post is in the right place. I am an annual passholder am looking to make a trip to WDW the end of January/beginning of February. I guess this is too far out because no discounts, including the passholder discount show up when trying to book (at least online). I am wondering...

1.) When would discounts for this time period usually get posted (both passholder and promotions)?

2.) If I book now, can I just contact Disney to adjust my rate or would I have to cancel my reservation and then rebook?
Discounts for that time should be out the last week of September or the first week of October and yes you can book now and apply a room only discount in the future. I would just make sure you call when the discount is released as, depending on the hotel, the amount of rooms available for the discount can be limited.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yes they usually come out then, but sometimes I have gotten a better discount especially on the Deluxe later....depends on your resort too sometimes....keep looking at their site and HERE! :)

daisyduckie

They don't adjust to the lower price. They have to rebook your room, and that can only happen if they still have room at that resort that have the discount available. Sometimes a lot of people book hoping for a discount, and then Disney doesn't need to offer one. I remember that happening with Free Dining at POR last year. So many people booked anticipating the offer that the resort was full enough Disney didn't offer that resort for Free Dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom