Trip Report WDW December 2011

Hi it's me again, and sorry this trip report doesn't have pictures yet, but it's been 5 years since this trip happened so i'll start at the very beginning of this trip!
Day 1: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.
It all started that we took a 2 hr flight from a cold Pennsylvania to a cooler weather of Orlando, FL for a nice vacation before Christmas(i was in 8th Grade at that time), we started it off with lunch at the Kona Cafe, i had a noodle bowl and had chopsticks. Then we went swimming in the Volcano slide pool. Then finally after watching some Phineas & Ferb on TV, we heading off to the Magic Kingdom to attend the Christmas party but we came a little early so we saw Mickey and Minnie in their normal outfits(as the Christmas party didn't start yet)and they were the first characters i met on this trip, and then i got Mater Mouse Ears with Goofy hat and ears, Then we wanted to meet the Princesses and they had Aurora, Belle(which the movie turned 20 around that time, and it was going to be rereleased in 3D a month after this trip), and Ariel(filling in for Cinderella that day), as the princesses didn't have their princes. But i kinda had trouble having a good pose for the picture with Belle because of her dress. Next we heading for our first ride of the trip, which was just me and my mom on Splash Mountain, it was an awesome ride and my mom was scared because of that 5 story(50 ft)drop. Then i saw the Seven Dwarfs on our way off the ride, but their long was very long so i didn't meet them. Next thing we did was the Country Bear Jamboree, and it was very good, but Mom was crying because it reminded her of my dog(she was just a puppy back then), Then i decided to go to our next thing, but my mom threw a big meltdown in Liberty Square, as i wanted to meet Tiana and Naveen but their line was closed so they went backstage for a break, and i didn't meet Tiana and Naveen(spoiler: i saw Tiana on the trip after). Well the next ride was the Mad Tea Party of course fun as always. Next thing we did was we watched the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor show, and there was a little girl and they called her Boo with no pants!, the crowds got wild!, and rode Buzz Lightyear, and Then i wanted to meet Phineas & Ferb(even if i was kinda having problems with the show at that time), as we were the last people to see them before they were heading backstage for a break(they were meeting where Buzz Lightyear normally is). Then on our way out my parents wanted to have a picture of the castle with me and my sisters, as i had a hissy fit. Then i met Duffy the Disney Bear in his Christmas outfit, well that was the end of Day #1 of the WDW Vacation X-Mas 2011, Stay Tuned for Day #2 as we head down to Hollywood Studios for the new Star Tours and Christmas lights in SOA!

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day 2: Hollywood Studios, Tinseltown's a grow!
Day #2 started as my parents take my little sister to the Grand Floridian resort for a Princess tea party with Aurora, but it wasn't until 2:00pm that we arrived at my favorite park at Disney World, Disney's Hollywood Studios! First things first was have our picture taken in front of the(now long gone)Sorcerer Hat. Then we went straight to Muppet-Vision 3D(as always it's good). Next we saw the most disappointing parade at Disney World, the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade. Next we went straight to ride the all-new(at the time)Star Tours: The Adventures Continue in 3D, and my gosh it was awesome and even better than the original one. After that we had lunch at the(now closed for re-theming)Pizza Planet(of course the pizza's always good in my opinion). Then i wanted to meet Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars as they aren't as popular as they were when the first movie came out and the second film came out the same year which was hated by some due to its spy plot with Mater. But anyways we also met Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc. and my dad loves meeting Sulley! Then we all went on Toy Story Midway Mania(with Toy Story 3 characters)and it was fun as always, Then we went inside The Magic of Disney Animation building and drew Tigger in a Drawing lesson. Not only we did that but we went to the Drawn into Animation show(with Mushu)which had a little making of-thing on Cars 2, also i met Mr. Incredible & Frozen and Winnie the Pooh(which his new movie came within the same year). I Saw Jake doing M&Gs but thank gosh i didn't meet him because he's childish and i have outgrew him(way after this vacation). But before we went to the Christmas lights, i met a Green Army Man. Finally my dad was impressed when he actually saw the Christmas lights on Streets of America. That was clearly it for the night but all we did was watch TV with the ABC presentations of Charlie Brown Christmas and the premiere of Disney's TV special sequel to Prep & Landing, Prep & Landing: Naughty vs Nice following ABC. Stay Tuned for Day #3!

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day 3: Mother & Son @ Epcot
On this cool morning in Orlando, FL, while it snows back home, my dad and sisters go to Universal and they're checking out their thing, but it's kinda off-topic so i won't talk about it much. Well Me and my mom went to Epcot and when we arrived i wanted to meet Daisy Duck. But she went backstage for a few minutes. Then when i finally met her, it was my first time that i ever met Daisy Duck at any Disney park! Then we went around World Showcase, we started in Japan to look around some Pokemon merch in that one store that sells Japanese culture. I Got a pack or two of Pokemon cards and a Zekrom plush(i was going to buy a Zoroark plush). Then we went into Morocco and met Aladdin and Jasmine(i never met Aladdin, but i met Jasmine before). Then we had lunch in France, i had a square pizza and a chocolate mousse as my dessert. Meanwhile i met a french Santa(because it was around Christmas at that time). Then we walked around the United Kingdom pavilion and met our favorite friends, Pooh and Tigger! It just a matter of time that we went back to Future World and caught the awesome looking 4D show called Captain EO(with the late Michael Jackson)and it was awesome as heck! Then finally ended our day with the always awesome Soarin'(this was before the new one came out, so we went Soarin' over California in 2011).
So stay tuned for Day #4, but on that day we didn't go to any park, but went to(formerly known as)Downtown Disney instead.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day #4: A Day Off the Parks/(formerly known as)Downtown Disney:
On this warm, not too hot Wednesday morning in Orlando, as my older sister and dad both went to Disney's Hollywood Studios for breakfast at the Backlot Tour(it was a special one time thing), but i'm focusing more of my point of view as today we're going to(formerly known as)Downtown Disney, as we started off at Once Upon a Toy(before the Star Wars madness went on the following trip for me) as i got a Collector Pack(they're blind bags with three mini figures inside) and i wanted to get Duffy so i got myself one and my little sister got one as well. Next we went inside the World of Disney store to look around and maybe find something very nice, but we just looked around. We had lunch at Planet Hollywood and it was good, not great and the menu didn't have that many options that looked good to me, The best part next was 2 or so hours inside Disney Quest, but i had trouble in the Mighty Ducks pinball thing. But the upstairs floor was so fun and less stress, like the Toy Story Sid toy builder thing, Cyber Space Mountain, etc. But it started to rain outside so we all went back to our resort and relaxed for the rest of the evening.
Stay Tuned for Day #5!: as we have breakfast with Stitch and Friends at Ohana and heading to my least favorite park at WDW(hint: it's about animals, but have at least a few good rides and shows).

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day #5: Ohana and Animals Oh My!:
This day here in a dry and mild December Thursday in Orlando, FL and i started the day off with Breakfast @ Ohana and that's right Stitch and friends were there(Lilo, Mickey, and Pluto) and it was so good to have Stitch coming over to our table twice! Then we headed off to the weakest theme park out of the four at Walt Disney World, that's right Disney's Animal Kingdom(it isn't as good as the other three in my opinion). First thing we did is seeing an awesome, but weird 4D show called It's Tough to Be a Bug(featuring Filk from a bug's life)but it's fun as always. Next we met Goofy and Pluto on Dinoland U.S.A. and Pooh and his buddies as well. Then we went to see some Animals for a very long time. Next we did the mediocre at best Safari which(almost)everybody likes. But then we had a late lunch at Pizzafari and of course they also have good pizza! Then we ended our safari filled day with(the now closed)Camp Minnie-Mickey as we met Miss Bunny(Thumper wasn't there), Donald Duck, and Pocahontas!
Stay Tuned for Day #6 as me, my sisters, and dad head for Epcot as we travel around the world(in one day)!

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day #6: Father, Son, and Daughters Around the World(in one day)
Well my mom would take the day off the parks for one day on this trip, but me and the rest of my family members went to Epcot(again). First we started the day off with Spaceship Earth(again) and The Seas with Nemo and Friends rides(of course they were always tons of fun). Then we all went on Soarin'(Over California)(yet again), and finally we actually went around the world in World Showcase. First thing we did was meet Duffy, because my little sister wanted to meet him. So we walked past Mexico and Norway(because Frozen won't be ready for another five years), but started off in China to catch a 360 degree movie called "Reflections of China" which it might be my least favorite attraction @ WDW, but the film itself was good, but we had a hard time standing up though the whole thing, because we weren't allowed to sit on the bench type style railings. Next we stopped for a Pretzel near Germany and a seagull wanted to take it, so dad took one of the most disturbing pictures onto his computer. But anyways our first character was Marie in France, because we met Belle already on this vacation(spoiler: she was in her formal gown at MK). Next we walked to the United Kingdom and we were going to catch Mary Poppins, but we met Alice and she actually signed my name alongside her signature on my autograph book as it says "To Ryan, Alice". The last thing we did was catch the 15 yr old outdated attraction called Universe of Energy with Ellen Degeneres(before she voiced Dory) and Bill Nye(the Science Guy), for such an outdated attraction it was pretty good. Then later in the night we watched the much hated sequel to Cars on the beach in the Polynesian(Village)resort, that's right the highest grossing animated film of 2011, Cars 2, because it was a newer film in 2011, and we almost watched Tangled on the beach the night before, but it was too windy to show it, so they cancelled the showing of it. But now was almost time to leave this magical place on earth(for another five years), but first we got one more day to go have fun before we go back to a very cold Pennsylvania(in December).
Stay Tuned for Day #7: The Final Day @ Disney(the saddest day of every Disney vacation), where i met a new(at the time) princess, a new area was still under construction, and my first(Spoiler)Vinylmation figure.

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day #7(a.k.a. The Saddest Day in any Disney vacation, the Last Day): Meeting a New(at the time)Princess @ Magic Kingdom
Well the final day at Disney World at the Magic Kingdom started with Fantasyland by seeing the always awesome looking 3D show Mickey's Phillarmagic(spoiler: I Missed it on my most recent trip), rode Peter Pan's Flight and Winnie the Pooh rides which are both fun. Next thing we did was meeting the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland near the Mad Tea Party. Next we went inside the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor(yet again)(of course it's funny as always). Then i wanted to meet Buzz Lightyear and i did in fact meet him. Also we had lunch at Cosmic Rays with the awesome looking animatronic. The last thing we did before we left the magical kingdom was meeting Rapunzel from Disney's new(at the time)feature film Tangled, of course the line was insane to see her but we waited anyways for her. When i finally got up to see Punzie, i came up first to meet her and gave her a big hug because she's the cutest princess from Disney and she's also my favorite, but she was the last character i met on this trip, and she was also my last autograph i got on this trip as well. But anyways when our pictures with Punzie was taken i gave her one last hug and said good bye to her until my next trip(Spoiler: which i did see her on my next vacation to Disney, you can read all about it on my 2016 Trip Report). Then before we left the Magic Kingdom until next time we saw that the new Fantasyland additions were still under construction, and i got one box of Vinylmation(which was a Toy Story one, i got Jessie). So that was really it for Disney World 2011 and i hope you enjoyed my 2011 trip report! Next one will be February 2010(which will be posted sometime today or this week)!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom