WDW coasters

pinjim

Original Poster
By my accounts, these are the 6 rollercoasters at WDW, have I missed any?

MK: Space Mountain, Goofy's Barnstormer & Big Thunder Mountain
EPCOT: none
DHS: Rock 'n' Roll Rollercoaster
AK: Expedition Everest & Prime Evil Whirl

Thanks for the help

Daneault

Some might argue that Test Track is a coaster since it's in a track and there's speed and hills... but not really a coaster in my book. Let's call it hybrid :D

Yankeeplex

is Primeval Whirl really a coaster? It is kind of a hybrid...its got a few drops, but so does Splash Mountain...and it is much more of a spinning ride than an up and down ride. I don't know...maybe I am totally off base, but I have never considered it a roller coaster.

krankenstein

is Primeval Whirl really a coaster? It is kind of a hybrid...its got a few drops, but so does Splash Mountain...and it is much more of a spinning ride than an up and down ride. I don't know...maybe I am totally off base, but I have never considered it a roller coaster.

Primeval Whirl is a roller coaster. It's a style referred to as a spinning wild mouse. Here is a definition for roller coaster from Google:

Roller Coaster - [SIZE=-1]A gravity railway in which riders are sent along on a track powered only by sheer gravity, after an initial start (lift hill, catapult, LIM launch, etc)

[/SIZE]

Ilovewishes

Then surely Splash Mountain would qualify? It's a water coaster? Or a log flume! It has drops, those drops are powered by gravity. Granted the rest of it is powered by water...

I want Splash Mountain to qualify!:mad:

SiriusBlack

Then surely Splash Mountain would qualify? It's a water coaster? Or a log flume! It has drops, those drops are powered by gravity. Granted the rest of it is powered by water...

I want Splash Mountain to qualify!:mad:

I consider it to be a phenomanol flume ride, though the laughing place in the dark is coaster-esque.

It's hard to imagine Disney has such few coasters. Some thrill parks alone have more than double the number of coasters, yet I love disney so much more than any of them. This just shows how well they are able to do other thrill ride and calm ride attractions.

EvanAnderson

No Splash would not qualify. It is not run by gravity. If you were to drain the flume, the logs would not go anywhere. It's the water that is running that keep the logs running.

Also, it's interesting to note that the Universal haters keep saying "Universal is like Six Flags, it's just a bunch of coasters!" Let's look at the numbers:

WALT DISNEY WORLD
Space Mountain
Goofy's Barnstormer
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Rock n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Primevil Whirl
TOTAL: 6

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
The Incredible Hulk Coaster
Fire Dragon
Ice Dragon
The Flying Unicorn
Pteranadon Flyers
Revenge of the Mummy
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
TOTAL: 7

Getting pretty close there, eh Disney? Want to add Splash as a coaster? Sure! Now it's a tie.

krankenstein

No Splash would not qualify. It is not run by gravity. If you were to drain the flume, the logs would not go anywhere. It's the water that is running that keep the logs running.

Also, it's interesting to note that the Universal haters keep saying "Universal is like Six Flags, it's just a bunch of coasters!" Let's look at the numbers:

WALT DISNEY WORLD
Space Mountain
Goofy's Barnstormer
Rock n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Primevil Whirl

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
Fire Dragon
Ice Dragon
The Flying Unicorn
Pteranadon Flyers
Revenge of the Mummy

Getting pretty close there, eh Disney? Want to add Splash as a coaster? Sure! Now it's a tie.

I mentioned this in another thread. You could about remove Pteranadon Flyers since only a limited few get to experience it.

I want Splash Mountain to qualify!

Splash also is not on a track for the full ride. This fact also eliminates it from coaster consideration.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

On coasterfanatics.com you can pick coasters from a list that you have been on to see how many you have been on (called coaster count). There are 3 catagories: wooden, steel, and liquid. I put down that I have been on Splash and it was not counted as a liquid. I wish it was.

ArnyVee

WALT DISNEY WORLD
Space Mountain
Goofy's Barnstormer
Rock n Roller Coaster
Expedition Everest
Primevil Whirl

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT
Fire Dragon
Ice Dragon
The Flying Unicorn
Pteranadon Flyers
Revenge of the Mummy

True, but WDW has four parks and Universal has two. Therefore, there are 1.5 coasters per park at WDW and Universal has 3.5 per park, so the argument continues :)

krankenstein

True, but WDW has four parks and Universal has two. Therefore, there are 1.5 coasters per park at WDW and Universal has 3.5 per park, so the argument continues :)

Universal has 3 family/kiddie coasters, Disney has 1! This reduces what I would consider a major coaster at Universal to 4, where as Disney would have 5. So, the argument does, indeed, continue. :animwink:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
A big fan, you dont want to damage the furniture with cup and glass rings.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who mistook the type of coaster being discussed when reading the title of this thread...

I've got a nice set of ceramic tile-type coasters that are printed with a Magic Kingdom graphic, and the plastic Mickey-head ones with the cork inset. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom