WDW Christmas traditions

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
It's such a cool experience to visit the World during the Christmas season. I've only been during Christmas once and really want to go back. I know that a lot of people visit during Christmas every year, so my question is, what are some of your favorite traditions or things that you look forward to the most when visiting during this time of the year? Is it MVMCP, the Candlelight Processional, the Osborne Family Lig...... Oh wait :cry:, seasonal food offerings, seeing the characters in their Christmas outfits, or just taking in the atmosphere of the parks, attractions, and the resorts in their Christmas decor?

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Father Christmas at EPCOT
Walking around WS
MK Main Street meal at Tony's (not for the quality of the food....more for the ambiance)
Gingerbread House at Grand Floridian
Tree at WL
Fondue Bread Bowl at EPCOT
....and a Macallan at Rose and Crown (but that's a tradition for every visit - It just tastes better in December)

Last edited:

LUVofDIS

We enjoy the party at the Kingdom, the going on's around the World Showcase and recently, the festive atmosphere all around the Studios. Though it still has not met the single greatest Christmas event that use to be, the Osbourne Family of Lights.

We also enjoy the decorations at all the deluxe resorts, we will take a morning/afternoon to visit many of them.

I also love to look at all the ornaments and decorations in detail that are all around. I just love me some Christmas.

The seasonal treats offered all around (MK,EPCOT) are always interesting and fun to try. We will try some from HS this year, though in the past this has been a let down, lets hope for better this year.

This also is the time of year we will visit Ample Hills Creamery, we normally stay at EPCOT area resorts during our Christmas stay, so walking to the creamery is something special for us.

We have visited every time around Christmas since 2013 and all-in-all we just love this time of year. We still love other times of the year, like September, but this is our big Disney trip and just love the whole scene.

Though this will be a ten day visit rather than our normal fourteen day visit. The wife wanted to cut back, she feels burnt out after two weeks. I on the other hand have not gotten burned out. Well, this will give us more time to visit other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom