Water Parks with Infant

morgan22

I have a little question - Can I bring my own flotation device for my daughter - she will be 10mths old - we have armbands and a ring?

Also, I was thinking of bringing a small UV protection tent for her to nap in if she needs it just in case we can't get a pitch near an umbrella - any idea if this is permitted?

Thanks for any advice .....

Nansafan

I have a little question - Can I bring my own flotation device for my daughter - she will be 10mths old - we have armbands and a ring?

Also, I was thinking of bringing a small UV protection tent for her to nap in if she needs it just in case we can't get a pitch near an umbrella - any idea if this is permitted?

Thanks for any advice .....

I don't see why not, I've seen people with wagons, picnic lunches, umbrellas... Just keep her hydrated. Babies dehydrate so quickly.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

They actually have a "My first tube" or something for infants that works great. Teamboat Springs may be out of question, but to play in the pools they will be fine.

Upvote 0

parker kim

Hi we were there in Oct. and our daughter was almost a year old and took our own flooty to the water parks and no one questioned us at all. It was already blowed up from earlyer in the week from when we used to CBR pool no problem there either. so I would take your own so you can use it at you resorts pool. :wave: have fun there is so much little one to enjoy.

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

We are heading down in 27 days and will be taking an inflatable boat type thing he can sit in. Cole will be 10 1/2 months then and it should be a ton of fun! Just remember swim diapers, and keep her hydrated. Florida sun sucks all the water out of you! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

There are a few restrictions at waterparks, resort pools are more lenient. At Typhoon, no flotation devices not attached to the child are allowed in the wave pool. The lazy river allows float rings provided they have a bottom support and/or holes for feet, but nothing with just a hole. Water wings are not allowed and should be discouraged as these are not safe for any child. Ellis and Associates (the legal department that trains lifeguards at most waterparks, worldwide) highly discourages water-wings for personal use, as they are rarely worn properly and many times in the past have resulted in drownings due to misuse.

Upvote 0

nicnic

hi, we were in disney oct last year and remember being told everywhere I went in TL, that my daughter, who was almost 3, was not allowed to go in her ring as it did not have a bottom in, even when I was told this by one lifeguard and just holding the ring whilst walking, another would tell me it was not permitted in any of the pools. After this we just didnt bother with it at BB. I do remember at TL, the lazy river rings were suitable for my daughter to sit in, but not at BB(they had a hole). We also encountered this at our pool in POFQ. So if you are taking floaties, make sure it has a bottom/foot holes in, I think in most cases for a baby of that age, they do have bottoms in. If you take a sun visor, make sure you get to the water park early to get a big enough space, you may have to re-shuffle some loungers! All in all, you'll have a fab time just watch out for that wave pool in TL, boy are those waves strong!!

Upvote 0

morgan22

Original Poster
We are heading down in 27 days and will be taking an inflatable boat type thing he can sit in. Cole will be 10 1/2 months then and it should be a ton of fun! Just remember swim diapers, and keep her hydrated. Florida sun sucks all the water out of you! Have a great trip!

Charlotte will be exactly the same age when we go (she was born 4th August and we are going at end of June) so I am very much looking forward to any tips you may be able to give me once you've been through it!!

Obviously I don't intend letting her loose in the TL wave pool but I thought a gentle cruise down Castaway Creek may be ok - she's been having swimming lessons since she was 4months old so she's used to the water.

One more question - are there any slides in Ketchakiddee Creek/Tikes Peak that are suitable for a 10mth old (she's more like the size of a 1yr old)?

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

One of my very most treasured memories was of our trip when our baby was 10 months old, and took her nap on my tummy as we floated for about TWO hours on Castaway Creek! She had on lots of sunscreen, and I had to shield her from falling water in some spots, but it was a wonderful time. "Baby" graduates from high school in a month
:cry: :sohappy: :cry: :sohappy: :cry:

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

Hi Morgan22-First of all, I love the name Charlotte! Cole was born July 3-the little decided to arrive 2 1/2 weeks early-I had some complications, though. 5 months on bedrest-glad that's over! We took Cole when he was 10 weeks as well. We missed our annual trip in May since I was out of commission. He did beautifully. He wanted to be held the whole time, but it was great-we got many comments from CM that they have never seen a baby so young visiting WDW! He learned to hold his head up very well that trip since wanted to be carried facing outward. He didn't go swimming, we never had the time to stick him in the pool. Even at such a young age, he absorbed EVERYTHING-he didn't miss a trick. To this day he is still extremely observant and he loves to learn. Charlotte will love WDW-Cole loved the characters, Pooh especially. My advice would be to go at her pace-just like you do everyday, I'm sure! Take her on rides and expose her to everything. If she wants to nap at the resort, go for it. A happy baby on vacation makes happy parents on vacation. She will be fine and will have so much to look at that you will be amazed. Part of the magic is seeing what she loves and picks up from such wonderful experiences. Have a fantastic trip. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :wave:

Upvote 0

morgan22

Original Poster
Thanks Cole'sMom - I just can't wait - i've been showing her all our past trip videos and she seems mesmorized by them!! I think what will be strange is that we usually have a mad opening to closing routine with the parks day after day (ie need a vacation after the vacation!) So taking it slower will be interesting - having said that we do have the luxury of having visited WDW many times before so I don't think we will feel we're missing out if we don't do everything we usually do!!

PS We were probably due about the same time as Charlotte was 2weeks late!!

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

I was due naturally July 21, I was scheduled to be induced July 12, but I went into labor July 3 naturally after my cerclage was removed. He had no idea when he was supposed to arrive!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom