Water Parks - In November?

Goofy36

We are trying to decide the best time to go to Disney based on crowds and our daughter's love for the water parks. Seeing that crowds usually start to lightenup after Thanksgiving we are wondering what it is like in the last week of November 1st in December for comfort level (temperature) at Blizzard Beach. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

NeedABreak

I was worried about this as well, I am going Nov-11. I spoke with a few florida natives recently and they said you can swim in November but you will get hit with a chilly breeze every now and then.

The water parks are great and I would ride summit plumit in January if they let me! lol.

Good idea going in November, low crowds, nice weather, value season, and it is still concidered hurricane season so most tour groups stay the hell away. Your gonna have a great time!

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Crowds are, as you noted, much lighter after Thanksgiving. The weather is hit-or-miss. My parents were there second week of December some years back, and it rained the entire week. I was there the next week, and it was 75-80 and sunny almost every day. You pretty much have to be flexible with your schedule, so that you can hit Blizzard Beach on the first good day you have, so that you don't miss doing it.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The water is always heated, so when you are in the water you don't have to worry. When you get out though you may be cold. Weather in November can really vary. one day it may be warm the next day cold.

Upvote 0

Kadee

Goofy36 said:
We are trying to decide the best time to go to Disney based on crowds and our daughter's love for the water parks. Seeing that crowds usually start to lightenup after Thanksgiving we are wondering what it is like in the last week of November 1st in December for comfort level (temperature) at Blizzard Beach. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I've been in that area during Thanksgiving (visiting family) and as someone else posted... the weather varies. Just let me add, it varies GREATLY sometimes. On one trip, we were wearing shorts and tank tops on Wednesday and sweaters on Thanksgiving day. Just don't have a strict itenerary (sp?) and be ready to go to BB on the first day that is warm enough for you. I'm sure there will be at least one...and who knows, it may be warm enough the whole time you are there.

Upvote 0

boopuff

I'm glad you asked! I'm going this November over Thanksgiving. I'm hoping the water parks will be empty while everyone is at MK. Went one year in Jan. it was about 70. Swimming was fine, getting out was the hard part.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I've done the water parks several times in the cooler months and I love it! Yes, it can be chilly, but the crowds are not there!

The heated water helps you stay IN the pools! Getting out and waiting in the short lines or walking around can cause some goose bumps, but it beats sweating like crazy and burning your feet in July!

Have fun! My advice, keep a dry towel around and a dry t-shirt handy in case it is chilly! Water socks may help as well!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom