Water as a snack tip

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
When we go it's in Sept. so it's still hot and muggy. I don't like to get sodas as a drink in that kind of heat so we always get water. For the kids I bought Powerade Single Serve packs that the kids just added to their water to give them a different flavor but without adding sugar or caffeine. There are a lot of single serve options out there, anything from Hawaiian Punch to Crystal Light to Lipton Iced Tea. I even used a single pack one time just for something different to drink!

XxMickeyMousexX

im going in september this year as well, being a native floridian i know it'll be hot. so i made the leap and got me a camelback. im very excited to use it! Water is a great way to stay hydrated and honestly can keep you from feeling starving....(it will fill ya up)

jenliving

im going in september this year as well, being a native floridian i know it'll be hot. so i made the leap and got me a camelback. im very excited to use it! Water is a great way to stay hydrated and honestly can keep you from feeling starving....(it will fill ya up)

We use one of these on our trips out here in California... and I'm sure we will be bringing it with us for our trip out to Florida. They are really handy have if you ask me--and is much better than buying water at the parks.

tigsmom

I've been using the drink sticks (in all kinds of flavors, all kinds of brands) since they first came out! I use them here at home as well because that's the only way to get the kids to drink water! :brick: I have a flat, plastic snap top box that the stick fit into so they don't get messed up in my little backpack.

SewIn2Disney

I don't drink things with artifical sweetener in it (which most of those drink sticks do, unfortunately), but I did find these--they're about the size of a sugar packet, and taste wonderful. They come in orange, lemon and lime, are all natural, and really help the free Florida water. I carry a bunch with me when we go there (or any theme park for that matter)

www.truelemon.com
True-Lemon.jpg[IMG]

tjorlando

RE: camelbak

It's pretty cool that you got a camelbak and you'll probably get a lot of use out of it especially if it's hot. But just so you know, or just in case you don't feel like bringing the camelbak one day, you can go into any restaurant or any place that serves drinks. Just ask for a cup of ice water, and they'll give it to you.

OurDailyGruel

I was thinking of being the beast of burden and carrying multiple freezer bottles in my camping backpack since I don't want to clean camelbacks and risk not getting all the Legionnaire's Disease scum out.

I also want to have my vacuum tea mug with me since yes, I like to drink hot tea to cool off in hot weather - it's tradition.

I can't believe they sell the mix for Hawaiian Punch - that is so kid crack - that if they still had their distribution up to speed, coke would be gathering dust on the shelves.

The only Hawaiian punch drink mix sticks that I have ever found are all sugar free. Which is really good, now if they could make them dye free too that would really be great!! :) They also make propel mixes too which I use at home all the time, they are pretty good.

Princess_L

We usually take the a couple water bottles with the filters built in. I hate the taste of Floridia water, plus it saves on $$ buying bottled water.

I like this the best because it filters the water as you drink it. So if the water gets warm, I don't feel guilty because I havent filtered it yet. They usually run around $10.

gljvd

I don't drink things with artifical sweetener in it (which most of those drink sticks do, unfortunately), but I did find these--they're about the size of a sugar packet, and taste wonderful. They come in orange, lemon and lime, are all natural, and really help the free Florida water. I carry a bunch with me when we go there (or any theme park for that matter)

www.truelemon.com
http://www.savingwithshellie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/True-Lemon.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Crystal Light now has a line called pure , it has no artifical sweeteners in it. You should look into it

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Light-Fitness-Grape-7-Count/dp/B0041UBGSK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1309982081&sr=8-12[/url]

Some of the flavers have electrolytes added in to help even more.

mickeysshoes

We end us using most of our snack credits from the dining plan for water so we are not paying for it. We all drink lots of water and not much soda any more so it plus for me. August you need lots of H2O!!!

Just a FYI...you can get water from any fountain at the parks. All parks have water fountains and all the water is filtered at Disney World. You can save a hell of a lot of money if you bought 1 bottle of water for each person and then refilled it with fountain water and anything else you want to add to you. Just thought you should know, save those snacks for other type of snacks like fruit, pickles etc. :):wave:Take care.

GatorGuy

We usually take the a couple water bottles with the filters built in. I hate the taste of Floridia water, plus it saves on $$ buying bottled water.

Not all Florida water tastes like the water in WDW. I am a Florida Native, living in Miami, Miami has the cleanest tap water and tastes like any water you would find in a bottle.
I have grown to not be bothere by the taste of the water in Orlando.

I recommend to put some water bottles in the freezer the night before, by the time you are at the park, they wil be nice, cold and unfrozen.

Txrayado

as someone who has worked in places with what had got to be the nastiest water ever "we're talkin i would rather spend my day pumping the water out of the stream them run the tap" i dont mind the disney water. I would always bring one of my thousands of nalgene bottles and filled up all day every day... gotta stay hydrated

mickey2008.1

We goto Hess the first day and get a 24 pack of water for only $5. Chill it, and then go to the parks. If it gets warm, so what. Can always get a glass of free ice to cool it down. We are not paying $2.50 for a bottle, especially when we are allowed to bring it in. And I come from the land of the best water, lake erie fresh water!!!

mrsdanalind

:shrug:
It's pretty cool that you got a camelbak and you'll probably get a lot of use out of it especially if it's hot. But just so you know, or just in case you don't feel like bringing the camelbak one day, you can go into any restaurant or any place that serves drinks. Just ask for a cup of ice water, and they'll give it to you.

what is a camelbak??? and where can I get one for our next trip down? We are coming down next year with the whole family and I am trying to figure out how to save some$$$ with group as large as ours. I figure that if we even save on water per person, we could save a bundle.
:shrug::shrug::xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom