Wasn't hired .. AGAIN

Avonsoar93

Original Poster
I was in my CP jan 2014-aug 2014 and went home for 3 months. I started working a job at home in September and then transferred to a location in Orlando the week before thanksgiving and applied to come back to the company. I had a yes rehire status BUT my recruiter told me no due to having too many points and to wait 6 months. 6 months was last Friday and I applied and had my in person interview. I've kept the same job since September so that wasn't a problem and my points had dropped but my recruiter said "no you don't have a car so I can't take you back. I'd rather take a chance on someone who's never been here and has a car because your past with us is bad." HOWEVER before my interview I talked to someone who was told no because she didn't have a car and she went to talk to a manager and she got a job. My roommate was hired for photopass at MK and doesn't have a car. So I went to the manager, told her everything because I wasn't taking no again when I waited 6 months and I also told her I have a retired brother who has no problem driving me places. She took my phone number and said she'd call me Monday, asked if I had any tattoos for quick service and that was it. It was around 4:50 when I spoke to a manager so I'm not sure what's going to happen. Any insight?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
my recruiter said "no you don't have a car so I can't take you back. I'd rather take a chance on someone who's never been here and has a car because your past with us is bad."

Did you mean this part as you typed it? Cause...it could be a clue? Or did you mistype?

Last edited:

mousehockey37

Yay, one thread's gonna lock and another just opened up to take its place!!!

I agree with @englanddg... if your past is bad and you possibly burned bridges that you didn't know about, the future looks grim...

Circumventing the recruiter to speak with a manager doesn't bode well either. They'll look into things and see that you were told no and why... But, who knows...

Domosuke

That seems ridiculous they wouldn't hire you as didn't have a car.

If I were a HR recruiter,as long as you were able to show up on time to your shifts, I don't care if you rode the bus, pogo sticked, shape-shifted, teleported, rode horseback, if you were able to come to work on time, you were hired.

But I'm not surprised. I was fired a few weeks ago after my shift backstage walking to a parking lost, whilst I got lost, an Attractions cast member gave me a rude look with his eyes so I ran from him. So they do have inane procedures on how employees are treated.

mousehockey37

That seems ridiculous they wouldn't hire you as didn't have a car.

If I were a HR recruiter,as long as you were able to show up on time to your shifts, I don't care if you rode the bus, pogo sticked, shape-shifted, teleported, rode horseback, if you were able to come to work on time, you were hired.

But I'm not surprised. I was fired a few weeks ago after my shift backstage walking to a parking lost, whilst I got lost, an Attractions cast member gave me a rude look with his eyes so I ran from him. So they do have inane procedures on how employees are treated.

STOP. STOP ALREADY!!! YOU HAD YOUR THREAD AND IT GOT SHUT DOWN!!! Your story has nothing to do with the original poster of this one. You really just want to keep burying your chances of anything with Disney, don't you?

Oh lord. Here we go.

Yup, here we go... All we need is Danielia to chime in and it's gonna get fun...

Hey @englanddg, get your shots !!!!

mouse_luv

popcorn_indiana_jones.gif

Domosuke

STOP. STOP ALREADY!!! YOU HAD YOUR THREAD AND IT GOT SHUT DOWN!!! Your story has nothing to do with the original poster of this one. You really just want to keep burying your chances of anything with Disney, don't you?

Yup, here we go... All we need is Danielia to chime in and it's gonna get fun...

Hey @englanddg, get your shots !!!!

Excuse me sir, last time I checked this was a message board. My last thread was locked because a staff member felt if I still needed help, I can contact users by PM which I might do.

All I did was make the poster feel my perspective as I went through a similar issue\ as the company does make peculiar decisions for certain cast members. Being let go because you don't have a car is a little harsh. I know people won't even date people who don't have a car, and their jerks.

I was terminated and I'm still dealing with the pain from it. I love Disney a lot, but they don't love me so it's not worth it. I can move on and try other things with my life. I enjoy R&B music and entertainment, and my cousin is in that field. Yeah I'm a little jealous as the guest relations vests and costumes are epic, but it's not the place for me. I'm young too I, can easily grow and mature and change my mind.

mousehockey37

Excuse me sir, last time I checked this was a message board. My last thread was locked because a staff member felt if I still needed help, I can contact users by PM which I might do.

All I did was make the poster feel my perspective as I went through a similar issue\ as the company does make peculiar decisions for certain cast members. Being let go because you don't have a car is a little harsh. I know people won't even date people who don't have a car, and their jerks.

I was terminated and I'm still dealing with the pain from it. I love Disney a lot, but they don't love me so it's not worth it. I can move on and try other things with my life. I enjoy R&B music and entertainment, and my cousin is in that field. Yeah I'm a little jealous as the guest relations vests and costumes are epic, but it's not the place for me. I'm young too I, can easily grow and mature and change my mind.

You didn't see all of your thread then. A lot was deleted and then locked because of other reasons. Not because they felt you should PM others. Nice try.

Well, Disney is Disney, they'll do what they want. He wasn't let go because he doesn't have a car, he wasn't RE-HIRED. He also states that " 'my recruiter told me no due to having too many points and to wait 6 months. 6 months was last Friday and I applied and had my in person interview. I've kept the same job since September so that wasn't a problem and my points had dropped but my recruiter said "no you don't have a car so I can't take you back. I'd rather take a chance on someone who's never been here and has a car because your past with us is bad.' ". So apparently there must be something that he's not bringing forward (besides the points) that got him flagged for not being eligible for a callback.

As for the comment about people won't even date people who don't have a car... you sound a little bitter about that :cautious:.

Please, do your cousin a favor. Until you have everything in line yourself and have matured, do NOT put his reputation on the line. If he sticks his neck out for you, gets you a job and you have another incident and run like you did at Disney, you're not only hurting yourself, but you're hurting his credibility.

CaptainAmerica

For anyone who's not "in the know" on Disneyspeak, when the OP talks about having "points," he means he was late, missed shifts, violated policies, or committed other infractions in his first stint with the company.

My insight: If you were in the College Program, you must have been in, ya know, college. So maybe pursue that rather than chasing after minimum wage positions?

lazyboy97o

There is nothing peculiar about either decision.

jakeman

My last thread was locked because a staff member felt if I still needed help, I can contact users by PM which I might do.
Just to clarify, I made the suggestion in the thread to contact others by PM.

I'm not sure if a mod perhaps PM'd you the same information, but I am not a staff member here.

Avonsoar93

Original Poster
You didn't see all of your thread then. A lot was deleted and then locked because of other reasons. Not because they felt you should PM others. Nice try.

Well, Disney is Disney, they'll do what they want. He wasn't let go because he doesn't have a car, he wasn't RE-HIRED. He also states that " 'my recruiter told me no due to having too many points and to wait 6 months. 6 months was last Friday and I applied and had my in person interview. I've kept the same job since September so that wasn't a problem and my points had dropped but my recruiter said "no you don't have a car so I can't take you back. I'd rather take a chance on someone who's never been here and has a car because your past with us is bad.' ". So apparently there must be something that he's not bringing forward (besides the points) that got him flagged for not being eligible for a callback.

As for the comment about people won't even date people who don't have a car... you sound a little bitter about that :cautious:.

Please, do your cousin a favor. Until you have everything in line yourself and have matured, do NOT put his reputation on the line. If he sticks his neck out for you, gets you a job and you have another incident and run like you did at Disney, you're not only hurting yourself, but you're hurting his credibility.

Just for the record: it really was because I didn't have a car. I talked to my recruiter again and she specially said she doesn't take people without a car. It was the ONE reason and I was reconsidered because I went to the manager and gave her more info about the transportation I have and that's why I was offered a job

roveness

Disney will not deny you a job because you don't have a car. Alot of cast members ride the bus. Disney just wants you to have a reliable form of transportation.

s8film40

I find it a little hard to believe that they would tell you they are not hiring you because you don't have a car. As someone who has done hiring any decent HR department will tell hiring managers that they can't even ask an applicant if they have a car. IF your story is true find a way to document it and get a lawyer because you'll have a good case. I suspect they didn't hire you because of past attendance issues and you simply used the excuse you didn't have a car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom