Was I being rude??? Epcot for New Years Eve??

hpyhnt 1000

Doesnt sound rude to me.....

It reminds me of just the other night shopping at Kroger. There were 3 lines open and 2 of the lines had like 5 people in each except one that had only one person. I walked up and noticed the short line so I went there.

As I was putting my stuff on the belt the guy from way behind says ... "I was in line before you and you are getting checked out first."

I replied that its his own fault for just standing there like cattle and I no way cut in front of him.

Some people are just really stupid.

Oh, I so do that at the Epcot turnstiles on the east side of the entrance. I just don't understand why people can't comprehend that there are 4 turnstiles open, not just two. Everytime I use the one off to the side I get at least one dirty look from the people who were in front of me still waiting to use the other turnstile. Uh hello, can't you see the green arrow? The one on the side is open! :hammer:

Bug715

I had a CM come to my store to the other day... She works at Epcot and I always ask her about things. She said she worked NYE and saw how busy it was. She said that Disney closed all the other parks because they were at capacity but decided to leave Epcot open while everyone flooded the gates!!! She said it was reported that 85,000 people came through the gates that day.... I think it was more then that

Luckily Epcot wasn't at any closure when I went in at 3pm that day. I was scared that CMs would not be let in because of crowd levels.

We didn't have any problems near Canada with bottlenecks when we were over there around 10 but went through one in Norway earlier in the night (I got smart and dodged through that creapy building with the scary fake people) but later when we went that way all guests heading toward Mexico were taken backstage and returned back onstage at test track.

Getting back to Old Key West was crazy. We went to boardwalk and there were guests in the middle of the street trying to get on the buses before other people. I was waiting for someone to get hit! Then people with little kids were trying to get people to let them on the bus first because they had kids. I'm not trying to be rude but if that was a concern shouldn't they be in bed by now not being dragged around?

It was crazy packed but so much fun!! If my impatient dad and freezing mom (she was in jeans, sneakers, sweatshirt, winter coat, gloves and scarf while I had on flip flops, capris, and a hoodie) weren't with me I would've gotten another drink (or two) and just waited out the crowds. I learned that if you double fist drinks you need to make sure someone is there to hold your spot when you have to run for the bathroom praying that the line moves fast!!

das texan

Epcot really was fun on New Year's Eve. I had been to Magic Kingdom, but never to Epcot. Stuff going on all over the WS. I was really impressed. Got a decent spot for the fireworks also at midnight which was a nice bonus. But it was so ridiculously packed, surprised we got in at 5pm still. I had forgotten just how massive that park is.

The 200 min waits for Soarin was kinda funny though.

Yoop33

Original Poster
I learned that if you double fist drinks you need to make sure someone is there to hold your spot when you have to run for the bathroom praying that the line moves fast!!

Funny you say that cause I ran and got drinks while TinkINFINITY waited in line at ToyStory Mania. Not even half way through she finished her beer and complained the whole time that she had to "Potty"!! lol It was so cute cause she kept bouncing up and down like a little kid but I felt bad cause we were so deep in line that she couldnt just walk out. :ROFLOL:

TinkINFINITY

Funny you say that cause I ran and got drinks while TinkINFINITY waited in line at ToyStory Mania. Not even half way through she finished her beer and complained the whole time that she had to "Potty"!! lol It was so cute cause she kept bouncing up and down like a little kid but I felt bad cause we were so deep in line that she couldnt just walk out. :ROFLOL:

That was absolutely horrible!!! LMAO though...however that is a fun lil ride and the only reason why you beat my score (barely!!!) lol....was because I had to TINKle hhahah :)

Horizons1

Hmm, this happens more than I thought. I had the misfortune of experiencing this back on NYE 2007. It was crazy, but still a lot of fun. Most people were either drunk or angry, some even both, so it was pretty funny to stand there and listen to their slurred rambling. Luckily, I missed this traffic jam this year. :D

missourimomx3

We were there, too. We found a spot in front of Canada, early. The crowds by the time Illuminations started were massive! But we had a blast! And no, you weren't rude, just realistic.

TinkRBell427

Good thing it wasn't that crowded at pin central where I was working. I had fun that night, it was my last shift before I came back home.(Wish I lived there still:cry:) I could hear the DJ and was dancing at my register. I got my break right at 11:50, so I stood outside pins and watched the fireworks. 100% Perfect! I'm sorry WS was so packed for everyone. My response to you if you would have asked me about the crowd situation would have been, "This is typically the busiest time of year..." Actually they had sample Q&A's and that was the start of all the answers:ROFLOL:
Can't wait to go back, I'm already in withdrawal:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom