Walt's Home up for Bid!

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I've heard that Walt Disney's house is up for bid (I believe it is his birthplace home in Chicago, Illinois)

It might be on E-Bay. Has anyone else heard about this?:) :xmas:

ErickainPA

People will do anything won't they, using the Disney name in the ad in order to get more interest. Don't think if I walked into the house it would be magical or anything, the whole house has probably changed many times since Walt use to live there.

dopey

Houses in that area sell for around $300,000, according to zillow.com. Given the historical significance of that house, I doubt this is legit.

SirNim

According to "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas, Walt was born in the upper bedroom of the Tripp Avenue house...

However, the book also lists the street address as 1249 Tripp, not 2156. That said, I'm sure it's possible that over a span of 100+ years, Chicago modified its street numbering scheme...

If this house is truly the house, and there's a good chance it is, then I would certainly consider it a worthy purchase from an historical standpoint.

Assuming, of course, the seller is legit and that the listing isn't grossly fraudulent...

Mr Bill

According to "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas, Walt was born in the upper bedroom of the Tripp Avenue house...

However, the book also lists the street address as 1249 Tripp, not 2156. That said, I'm sure it's possible that over a span of 100+ years, Chicago modified its street numbering scheme...

If this house is truly the house, and there's a good chance it is, then I would certainly consider it a worthy purchase from an historical standpoint.

Assuming, of course, the seller is legit and that the listing isn't grossly fraudulent...

According to the note at the bottom of page 8 of Neal Gabler's biography of Walt, the house number was changed to 2156 in 1909.

BiggerTigger

I got it from a good source, who heard it from a good source that there is a price bid war between, the Disney Company and Micheal Eisner over the property. The Disney Company want's to relocate the house to Walt Disney World for it's historical value. It will be placed for a new attraction named "The Making of Me, the true birth place of Walter Elias Disney".
But of course, I only "heard" this.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a Magical Day!!!

dopey

Another reason to doubt: If I were selling the house in which Walt Disney was born, I would want tons of publicity in order to build up buzz. There was nothing in the Chicago papers about this. The local media is either asleep at the switch -- quite possible -- or this ebay listing is b.s.

I feel very confident that the Disney company would win in a price war over Michael Eisner. And I would be very suprised if Eisner was even intrested in the property. It's not like he is family.

ThinkTink721

Yeah, I know, but I think he had more than 1 home.
I read somewhere that one of his homes in CA was near the PB Mansion (same vicinity).
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom