walt

GoofyRules

Original Poster
hello everyone- i am making a presentation tomorrow on disney and all different aspects of the company.
and at first, i am doing some background work on walt, can somebody tell me what war he tried to enlist for and then ended up signing up for the red cross to drive an ambulance??
thanks in advance for any help!

GoofyRules

Original Poster
ALSO- it says: MICKEY MOUSE was created in 1928, and his talents were first used in a silent cartoon entitled Plane Crazy. BUT, then it says: However, before the cartoon could be eleased, sound burst upon the motion picture screen. Thus, MICKEY MOUSE made his screen debut in Steamboat Willie, the world's first synchronized sound cartoon, which premiered at the Colony
Theatre in New York on November 18, 1928.
SO, Where was this first put out to public? in sound?? was this the first ever movie to be in sound??

SO, Where was this first put out to public? in sound?? was this the first ever movie to be in sound??

I think like you said before it is the first animated short with sycronized sound. But it was not the first movie EVER with sound. I think that was an Al Jolson one, there's a clip of it at the end of The Great Movie Ride, where he says "You ain't heard nothin' yet". If that wasn't THE first, it was close to it. (Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this).

General Grizz

Originally posted by GoofyRules
ok sounds good, but was the picture steamboat willie or plane crazy?

Steamboat Willie was Mickey Mouse's public premiere in SOUND.

Plane Crazy was the first Mickey Mouse cartoon MADE, originally without sound, and was delayed in release because of Steamboat Willie.

General Grizz

Oh, and "The Jazz Singer" was the first sound film in 1928. Mickey Mouse had the first sound cartoon.

Walt Disney's Silly Symphony "Flowers in Trees" was the first color cartoon (Technicolor). Mickey's first color cartoon was "The Band Concert," one of my personal favorites.

GoofyRules

Original Poster
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was the first full-length animated musical feature (Dec 21, 1937)....does this mean within disney? or in the history?

General Grizz

Wasn't Walt quite the innovator?

P.S. Disneyland was the first theme park.

Walt Disney also did the first 3-D cartoon.

Oh, and he also did the first stereo film (Fantasia) with Fantasound.

Oh, and he invented the multi-plane camera.

And Audio-Animatronics figures.

:p :wave:

this research is so much fun, its not even considered work in my books

I know what you mean! I did a presentation on the history of film last year and you'd have had to be sleeping not to notice I spent a good chunk of my time limit talking about Disney :lol: Good thing too, because on my comments someone found my discussion of horror films too scary :brick:

disneyman23

best project ever ! haha very cool

hey upstate ny too GoofyRules, very cool to see more people from at least somewhat close to my neck of the woods

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom