Walt Disney World: My Vacation Kingdom Vision from Scratch

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Now this one is my second biggest projects yet after Disney makes a Better Second Gate & its my Vision of what Walt Disney World would look like or as they called it a a hypothetical “What if?” scenario. This idea came to not one but a whole lot a posts from projects that people made in their own visions on Forums WDWMagic, so for those people who did really well just give yourself a standing because without them they won't be any projects to see in their visions.

Now before i get to this project idea i have in my head, Here are the people in this forums that make these projects possible:
@TheDesignPirate's Walt Disney World 1966 Project (which by the way its my favortie idea project so far so Thank U Design Pirate), @DisneyManOne's Mirror Walt Disney World, To Infinity and Beyond: The Future of Walt Disney World, Mirror Walt Disney World-A & other great WDW Projects & Ideas to the past & present from in his own mind. @spacemt354's 50 for the 50th & Disney's Pioneer Adventure 5th Gate Project, @Corey's My Idea for a 5th Gate at WDW & How to Expand the other Four Parks, @Disneylover152's Walt Disney World Redesign: My Idea, @mickeyfan5534's Entertainment Enhancement for 50 Years, @figmntal95's Walt Disney World Theme Park Revamps, @Turtle's Disney Florida Adventure Park & as well for @james4023464 also do his Disney's Florida Adventure Park as well, @BryanM's Master of the Parks: Challenge 5 - Walt Disney World's 5th Park, @darthspielberg's Disney's Mysterious Island - A 5th Gate Concept, Ideas, @pixie_princess Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII (or as The Major Overhaul of Disney's MGM Studios), @PerGron's Walt Disney World: A New Era [Old], @Garfield Builder's Florida DisneySEA, @MickeyMouse10's Beastly Kingdom 5th Park Project, @Sephirenn's Disney's Portals of Adventure (5th Gate Idea) & all others that i loved to call as Home-Imagineers who did the most wonderful job for all these years who ideas, dreams & imaginations Thanks to all of you for making the dreams & ideas alive because again without you & this Forums, we won't make any ideas at all, so a really big thank you from the bottom of our great hearts.

Introduction - This Magical Kingdom all Began with a Idea & a Dream

walt-disney-disneyland-plans.jpg

Now as Disneyland in Anaheim, California was the first park to build in the 1950s & open its grand gates on July 17, 1955, Walt himself & its Imagineers was planning to make Disneyland so much bigger with more rides, attractions, more themed lands & so on, but then in the late 1950s to the early 1960s some hotels, cafes, shops & so on was built that Walt would never Expanding Disneyland because there is no room to expand, Walt Disney disliked the businesses that had sprung up around Disneyland and wanted more control over a larger area of land in the next project so in 1959, Walt Disney Productions began looking for land to house a second resort to supplement Disneyland in Anaheim, California, which had opened in 1955, some of those ideas for a next Disney park include New York City, Texas, Niagara Falls & even Good Old Sunny Florida.

Four Years Later, Walt Disney flew over a potential site in Orlando, Florida—one of many—in November 1963. After witnessing the well-developed network of roads and taking the planned construction of both Interstate 4 and Florida's Turnpike into account, with McCoy Air Force Base (later Orlando International Airport) to the east, Disney selected a centrally located site near Bay Lake. The development was referred to in-house as "The Florida Project". To avoid a burst of land speculation, Walt Disney Productions used various dummy corporations to acquire 30,500 acres (48 sq mi; 123 km2) of land. In May 1965, some of these major land transactions were recorded a few miles southwest of Orlando in Osceola County.

Some rumors & speculation about the land purchases assumed possible development by NASA in support of the nearby Kennedy Space Center, as well as references to other famous investors, such as Ford, the Rockefellers, and Howard Hughes. An Orlando Sentinel news article published weeks later, on May 20, 1965, acknowledged a popular rumor that Disney was building an "East Coast" version of Disneyland (& by that the rumors are very true)

d0ea8e42a376b2003639655992d83abb.jpg

After the 1964-65 New York World's Fair was began a end, Walt Disney has come-back to Florida to originally planned to publicly reveal his secret PROJECT X called Disney World on November 15, 1965, but in light of the Sentinel story, Disney asked Florida Governor Haydon Burns to confirm the story on October 25, 1965. His announcement called the new theme park "the greatest attraction in the history of Florida". The official reveal was kept on the previously planned November 15 date, and Disney joined Burns in Orlando for the event.

In an effort to lobby the Florida legislature to approve the RCID & persuade American industry to participate in the project, a short film was shot at the Walt Disney Studios on October 27, 1966, two months before Disney's death of lung cancer on December 15, 1966. Written by Marty Sklar & directed by Ham Luske, the 25-minute long film is hosted by Walt Disney, who explains the plans for Disney World, focusing on how EPCOT would interrelate with other aspects of the property. Utilizing concept art and highly technical animation, the film was a start to the conceptualization of EPCOT, stating: "Everything in this room will change time and time again as we move ahead. But the basic philosophy of what we're planning for Disney World is going to remain very much as it is right now". The EPCOT philosophy, as it became known, included showcasing the development, testing and using new materials and ideas from American industry, and finding solutions to urban problems. EPCOT would always be in a state of becoming, focusing on the needs and happiness of residents, and generating demand for new technologies. The film was screened for Florida legislators on February 02, 1967 & was held a press conference at the Park Theatres in Winter Park, Florida. The role of EPCOT was emphasized in the film that was played. After the film, it was explained that for Disney World, including EPCOT, to succeed, a special district would have to be formed: the Reedy Creek Improvement District with two cities inside it, Bay Lake and Reedy Creek, now as Lake Buena Vista. In addition to the standard powers of an incorporated city, which include the issuance of tax-free bonds, the district would have immunity from any current or future county or state land-use laws. The only areas where the district had to submit to the county and state would be property taxes and elevator inspections. The legislation forming the district and the two cities was signed into law by Florida Governor Claude R. Kirk, Jr. on May 12, 1967. The Supreme Court of Florida then ruled in 1968 that the district was allowed to issue tax-exempt bonds for public projects within the district, despite the sole beneficiary being Walt Disney Productions.

Banner 2.jpg

The Concept of the Vacation Kingdom of the World in 1968/69 includes The Magic Kingdom (or as i like to called this Disneyland East) as the Main Attraction of Disney World, 6 Resorts but 3 never-built because of the Gas of the 1970s but they are: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Asian Resort, Disney's Persian Resort, Disney's Tempo Bay Resort (or now as the Contemporary Resort,) Disney's Venetian Resort & the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Also including Golf Courses & Transportation from the Seven Seas Lagoon & Bay Lake like Ferry Boats from the main Highway in the Sky attraction as the Walt Disney World Monorail.

wdo498323LARGE.jpg

The district soon began construction of drainage canals, & Disney built the first roads and the Magic Kingdom. The Contemporary Resort Hotel and the Polynesian Village Resort were also completed in time for the park's opening on October 01, 1971. The Palm and Magnolia golf courses near the Magic Kingdom had opened a few weeks before, while Fort Wilderness opened one month later. Twenty-four days after the park opened, Roy O. Disney dedicated the property and declared that it would be known as "Walt Disney World", in his brother's honor. In his own words: "Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they all heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here." After the dedication, Roy Disney asked Walt's widow, Lillian, what she thought of Walt Disney World. According to biographer Bob Thomas, she responded, "I think Walt would have approved." Roy O. Disney died at age 78 on December 20, 1971, less than three months after the property opened.​

56cotnbfdw656541-4045650.jpg

Now today about 50 Years Ago, Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida is the most popular vacation destination in the world since October 1th 1971. As we all know that Walt Disney World includes more than 20 or more resort hotels, 2 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach), 1 Day & Night Entertainment District (Disney Springs) & of course 4 amazing Theme Parks: Magic Kingdom, opened in October 1th 1971, Epcot, opened in October 1th 1982, Hollywood Studios, opened in May 1th 1989 and Animal Kingdom, opened in April 22nd 1998.

Yeah Walt Disney World Resort of today still looks amazing 50 years ago, but what if My Vision of a Vacation Kingdom could be a little better than what we had today, Yeah the resort could still open in October 1th 1971 with a-lot back then, but also added more attractions more hotels, & a-lot of stuff that i would be talking about, with somebodies great ideas & inspirited dreams, My Vision of Walt Disney World offers a look at how I would personally shape the parks over time, mostly by resurrecting concepts & parks & ideas that never made it past the drawing board, and by keeping a few old favorites open. So i would talked about those ideas maybe September/Early October when the Celebration of WDW's 50th Anniversary begins which its very soon. Well i might get to work on that very soon with the Table of Contents with parks, resorts & other stuff. So until then in September i would be seeing you very soon but not to long, Well so-long for now & You See Ya Real Soon.​

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Now as i was thinking of some ideas while i'm doing The Imaginarium, & some ideas of my Vision of a Vacation Kingdom is gonna be good (for some people). So i would think 4-5 Theme Parks (don't worry it would still had The Magic Kingdom & Disney Studios), 10 or more Resort Hotels, 2-3 Water Parks, Golf Courses, Transportation from Land & Sea, A very nice entertainment complex maybe themed to the World Showcase & much more. i was also gonna put EPCOT as a Park or still a Progress City, but i feel it would get too far to crossed the line, so instead i would put The World Showcase maybe as a Hybrid Entertainment Complex / Theme Park. The Magic Kingdom as the main attraction of all of Walt Disney World would still be there with some never-built ones i would put like for example Fantasia Gardens instead of 20,000 Leagues, because i feel if 20,000 Leagues would had been a Sci-Fi themed from Tomorrowland or maybe a mythical fantasy story from Jules Verne & as well for maybe Western River Expedition but for opening in the late 70s-early/mid 80s also some current one but on the 1971 WDW Opening Day instead of opening few years time like The Peoplemover & Pirates of the Caribbean begin in the 1971 Opening.

Next one is Walt Disney Studios Florida, as their second park instead of EPCOT begin as their Second Gate, i feel like if The Walt Disney Company wants to make another working studio in Central Florida with a theme park next to their bigger than Burbank's Studio Complex. Of Course we will still had the Grauman's Chinese Theatre as the next Cinderella Castle icon but for Walt Disney Studios Florida with the Great Moments at the Movies attraction, Star Tours, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, The Backlot Studio Tour, Disney Animation & More. But the park would also future lands & expansions like Maroon Studios, Bringing Muppets (including Sesame Street & other Henson projects) to Disney, The Rocketeer, Sunset Boulevard, Adding a Hollywood Hotel Resort to Walt Disney Studios & much more. Now this park would love to open its in the Year 1985/86 or 87 instead of opening this park in 1989.

For now those are the ideas i would put down in my Vision of a Vacation Kingdom to Walt Disney World, but don't worry i'm just getting starting, Stay Tuned for many more ideas i would put for this Resort, But for now until time, Will See You, Real Soon.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers dark ride could be awesome addition to Walt Disney Studios Florida as it will opened in 1993. Also by 1993, will Disney will deal with Time Warner to use Warner Bros. properties like Looney Tunes, DC Comics, Gremlins, Lethal Weapon, The Right Stuff, The Neverending Story, Casablanca, The Goonies, Police Academy, etc... and will have attractions and shows at Walt Disney Studios Florida in 1994? @HomeImagineer

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom