Walt Disney World 1966 - Vol. I

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Alice in Wonderland
C-Ticket

latest

Join Alice as she follows the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole and experience her many adventures!

tumblr_nie5w91Eor1rkiwnzo1_1280.jpg

Step inside a small English Cottage and wind your way through a Wonderland. Pass Tweedledum and Tweedledee, shrink to the size of flowers, and go through the Tulgey Woods!

DSC_4863.jpg

Hop aboard a teacup and stay on the trail of Alice and the Cheshire Cat as they race through town in search of the White Rabbit while avoiding the Queen of Hearts and her deck of cards!

latest

A Wild Ride That You Control

As you go through Wonderland, be on the lookout for the White Rabbit, which could make your teacup spin. Steer your vehicle a full 360 degrees as you manage to gain control and pilot to safety along the crazy course.

hqdefault.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Mictorian Beach Resort
Disney Vacation Club Resort
Established 1986

Mictoriantowers.png

Found on the Shores of Horizons Lagoon, you'll find the Mictorian Beach Resort - This resort is home to Disney Vacation Club Members and Walt Disney Company Business elite!

Mictorian: A Grand Victorian flare that only Disney can provide!

grand-flo-concept-web.jpg

Victorian elegance meets modern sophistication at this lavish Disney Vacation Club Resort. Relax in the spectacular lobby as the dueling pianos play on either side of the lobby music such as ragtime, jazz and popular Disney tunes. Inside, a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair—responsible for the distinct look and feel of the “it’s a small world” attraction—celebrates the Victorian Era and the Walt Disney World Resort.

-Artwork Coming Soon -

tumblr_o6fd0m1eiZ1t0xyebo5_1280.jpg

Unwind outdoors in a rocking chair, indulge in a luxurious private beach and watch evening fireworks light up the sky over Show White Castle. Just a short walk away to the Fantasyland and Adventureland park or a 5 minute ride away on the complimentary resort PeopleMover, this timeless Victorian-style resort has subtle notes of Disney and Palm Beach’s golden era.

del-beach-hotel-del-coronado-1000x560.jpg

Rooms
Rooms are all elegant in Style, but are divided into Studio (4), One Bedroom (4), Two Bedroom (8), and Grand Villa (16).

Studio
Grand-Floridian-Villas-206.jpg
\

One Bedroom

1175-000_Disney-Hong-Kong_room04_500h_Wm.jpg

Two Bedroom
dvcresorts-villasgrandfloridian-roomspoints-story-3bedroomvilla.jpg

Grand Villa
10452212803_06d808515d_z.jpg

Dining
is the only sit down restaurant at Disney's Mictorian Beach Resort. ______ Cafe offers a breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu, with a few Key West touches.

Gasparilla's Food to Go is a counter service restaurant near the lobby and the feature pool. is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It serves fresh fruit and pastry for breakfast, with a small selection of hot items. For lunch and dinner, you can get hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, and sandwich wraps. There is also a simple dessert menu and children's menu.
Skyline at Sunset is a Miami themed bar that offers standard drinks and simple snacks.

Pool & Recreation

The outdoor pool is luxurious and tropical, while the indoor is more Victorian Era.

1bbffeb9cc9daa060d06c029215a796a.jpg

w3.jpg

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's

FANTASYLAND PARK to-do list:
1) Unnamed E-Ticket
2) Unnamed E-Ticket
4) Unnamed E-Ticket
5) Unnamed D-Ticket
6) Unnamed 1 C Tickets
7) Unnamed A Ticket
8) Unnamed Table Service Restaurant
9) Unnamed Quick Service Restaurant
10) Unnamed Day Show

AMERICAN ADVENTURE PARK to-do list:
1) 2 E Tickets

2) D-Ticket *Assigned:* @spacemt354
3) 3 C Tickets
4) 2 A Tickets
5) Table Service
6) Quick Service
7) Day show
8) Night Show

9) Tall Tales of the Frontier (E-Ticket) *Assigned:* @FigmentPigments
I have two very rough sketches for the Fantasyland and American Adventure Park. Since those two we really haven't delved into as much, maybe these could start the process!

I'll have more to follow.

spacemt354

Chili's
Fantasyland Park Overview:
30610170942_5570013e70_b.jpg

1 - Enchanted Forest
2 - Castle Courtyard
3 - Mythical Fantasy
4 - Wonderland Forest

What I'm picturing as an overview of the park would essentially be the Fantasyland Forest on a grand scale, and with even more diversity in terms of scenery and immersiveness.

While the FLE may lack a true "E-ticket" the imagineers definitely nailed the surroundings, as you truly do feel like you are in a forest, especially in the Beauty and the Beast area. What this park would do is take that to the next level.

spacemt354

Chili's
Entrance/Enchanted Forest Part 1
fantasy-forest-free-wallpaper.jpg

Picture walking into this type of scene with dense forestation and giant imaginative trees and wildlife surrounding you. Lush vegetation, birds, butterflies, you're essentially walking into the unknown, but the forest really beckons you to discover more.
38f9ee5635e7d1b0cec1acbf43afc017.jpg

This would be like Oasis, but instead of going the realistic jungle route, we'd be going in a more fantasy driven route. Even though this is the entrance to the park, we could add in an A-ticket and a meet and greet in the entrance/enchanted forest area for opening day
fantasy_forest_by_swann74-d8rrre9.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Entrance/Enchanted Forest Part 2

Flower Meet and Greet from @brb1006
20160712_185605_zpsfaf96qsx.jpg

This has been brb's idea since day 1 and I think it would go really well as a meet and greet in the enchanted forest and within the entrance to the park as a whole! Nestled off to the side of the large trees and vegetation, you can meet Flower and other rotating characters from Bambi, a film that Disney released well before the date of 1966-1971 when this would be constructed.

spacemt354

Chili's
Entrance/Enchanted Forest Part 3

A-ticket Tinker Bell attraction(s) and Quick Service
1031.Hollow_2D00_1.jpg

My thought would be, on a somewhat smaller scale, as guests walk through the fantastical entrance to the park, that they walk through an edition of Pixie Hollow. Peter Pan, another film that Disney would have released by now, would fit well in this area, and if we look at my really poorly drawn map...

If the Bambi meet and greet was somewhere towards the left of the entrance deep in the forests (the trees are the dashes on the map) then I was thinking the pixie hollow area would be what guests are walking towards before they reach the icon of the park and the tall mountain (which I will get to later)

The Pixie Hollow miniland could transition into a "Neverland" mini-area with a Peter Pan dark ride (this would be the wavy area without a number on it...as Neverland would be in a sense, a miniland of the Enchanted Forest.

The A-ticket could me more of a kiddie attraction mixed with some interactive play areas for kids, including mazes, and perhaps a meet and greet. The Pixie Hollow area would also include a Tinker Bell quick service area.
9) Unnamed Quick Service Restaurant

Covering that requirement (however I think there should be more than one quick service on opening day)

Overall this area would just be the appetizer to the other sprawling lands to explore in the Fantasyland Park, and be a scenic entrance into the park without a typical Main Street.

As another added bonus, the large mountain as the icon (which I will get to in the next post --- might surprise you) won't be seen until you get to the forefront of Pixie Hollow, and even then it'll use force perspective to seem further away and taller than it actually is.

spacemt354

Chili's
1) Unnamed E-Ticket

Enchanted Forest Part 4

Matterhorn Bobsleds

Yes, this will be the first (of many) times that Disney will "clone" a concept of another Disney Park. However this won't be an ordinary cut and dry clone.

This will be a new rendition of the Matterhorn - akin to comparing WDW's Tower of Terror to Tokyo DisneySEA's Tower of Terror - two different experiences and storylines, yet similar concepts.

Disneyland's design:
matterhorn-cutaway.jpg

Fantasyland Park's design:

Matterhorn.jpg

matterhorn-1516733_1920-1070x711.jpg

Standing 200 ft tall and surrounding by a variety of vegetation, grassy plains, pixie hollow, and more - this Matterhorn will not be off of Main Street, visible from places like Tomorrowland and Frontierland. This time we are going to get it right.

The Matterhorn Bobsleds will be the icon of "Fantasy" since it does evoke a majestic aura to it not only as a Fantasyland attraction, but just in its scope and design. It almost looks like it comes out of a fairy tale mountain.

The Matterhorn will still have a dueling coaster design, and single rider, however on a much more grand scale, with banked curves and slopes through the icy caverns.

Essentially, given the time period, it will have a similar shape and design to 1975's Space Mountain
sm_model_open_smith.jpg

4562298-22927584-thumbnail.jpg

An Erector set model...yet built into a mountain range...swerving in and out of its icy slopes all while trying to escape the clutches of the Yeti, who will be on a much grander scale than the animatronic in Disneyland (for 1970s AA technology)

The queue will also be more heavily themed and contain a narrative of that you are on an expedition by Robert Sled -- trying to find out the mysteries of the mythical Yeti.
Matterhorn-historic-2.jpg

The mythology and fantasy basis of the attraction is why it would be the perfect icon for the park, because not only is it an amazing design, but it combines basically everything that the park is about. Majesty, fantasy, and mythology.

As said before, the backstory will be much more in-depth and involve Robert Sled -- for more details on him, we can also include the Robert Sled bench described and updated below from the SA Season 3 challenge in 2015.

Majestic Point Bench

Logomat_zpsxnkjvaks.jpg

Majestic Point - A Symbol of Imagination

Backstory:
Around 1866 in the golden age of alpinism, Robert Sled, a painter, sculpture artist, and aspiring mountaineer, tries his luck to scale the mighty Matterhorn Mountain with some of his friends. Unfortunately, after a harrowing journey, he and his friends cannot reach the top, and begin the descent back to the base of the mountain. Once at the base of the mountain, Sled looks up in awe at the beauty and majesty of the mountain from this unique perspective. Sled is inspired by this location, and feeling a creative connection to the environment, decides to build a bench for himself in the area. With the help of his friends, Sled is able to build a bench from a nearby Spruce tree. Sled oversees the design and decides to give the bench a 360 degree perspective, so he had have all the available beauty at his disposal. Sled also paints and sculpts the bench to his individual tastes, adding a wide variety of color patters and wood engravings in the bench, including his own name. Finally, after the bench was complete, he dubs it and the location, Majestic Point. Over the next few months, Sled paints and sculpts an eclectic variety of art.

However, one night, before packing up his art to head home, Robert Sled hears loud footsteps creeping out of the shadows. He sees a tall white figure with giant claws who takes a swing at him. He ultimately escapes but was to scared to ever return to the Matterhorn base again.

Decades later, while filming Third Man on the Mountain in Switzerland, Walt Disney notices the majesty of the Matterhorn and sends a postcard of the mountain to Vic Greene, an Imagineer, telling him to "build this." Upon further investigation, Walt notices a beautifully painted and sculpted bench and the yeti claw marks on it. He asks to take the bench with him - but it never saw the light of day in Disneyland when the attraction opened because imagineers thought it would rapidly decay in the heat. It ended up staying in storage for the time being. Nevertheless, while not on display in the park, the bench's design was the inspiration for the color scheme of the Matterhorn Bobsled attraction queue.

Bench Essentials:

The location of our new bench, named "Majestic Point", is on the walkway to the right of the Matterhorn. Guarded by a small Alpine rock formation, this quaint and picturesque area is where Majestic Point will be situated. Along with having enough space, there is a formidable tree on the side of the bench, which offers much needed shade for guests in the Florida sun.

Viewing Perspective - Facing the Matterhorn with the same viewpoint as Robert Sled
20150719_050835-1-jpg.101965

Double-Sided:
Majestic Point will have seats on both sides, offering multiple benefits to guests. Not only will Majestic Point be able to hold double the capacity of a regular sized bench, but guests are also given the option of two scenic views. If you sit facing the lagoon, you can passively observe two of the most iconic attractions in Disneyland: the Submarines and the Monorail. Nevertheless, if guests sit the opposite way, they can look up at the towering Matterhorn Mountain and reflect on the idea that this view was the same perspective that inspired Robert Sled to not only design the bench, but to paint, sculpt, and dream up masterpieces of art.

Material:
Robert Sled and his fellow companions built this bench in the 19th century from a Spruce tree at the base of the Matterhorn Mountain. The Spruce tree is the most common tree in Switzerland, with 46% of all trees being Spruces. WDI has refurbished the aesthetic features of the bench, which allows Majestic Point to offer a comfortable seat to relax and enjoy the views.

Color Scheme:
The base color of the bench is the same dark finish and eclectic color patterns that the queue building has, which you can see below:
7412485632_c077214a86.jpg

Special Features - Around the Bench in Several Photos

Name Carving:
2015-07-19-13-15-20-png.102011

Robert Sled decided that he should carve his name into his bench so anyone who sees it knows who designed founded it. On the seat, he carved his name "Bob" into the bench. The artist's name was also a driving factor in designing the Fantasyland Park Matterhorn attraction around Bobsleds, as his name is actually Robert (Bob) Sled.

Yeti Claws:
2015-07-19-13-16-33-png.102012

When guests observe the bench, there are noticeable claw marks from when Harold the Abominable Snowman had a run in with Robert Sled. You will be able to stick the tip of your index finger into the claw marks, showing how powerful this monster truly is.

Future 2010s - Charge Ports:
2015-07-19-13-17-12-png.102014

2015-07-19-13-17-51-png.102015

In order to enhance the guest experience with Majestic Point, the creative designers at WDI decided to add one modern touch. You will see a Matterhorn logo on each corner of the bench, 4 in total, which are charge stations for electronic devices. While Fantasyland should be enjoyed technology free, Disney understands the growing necessity for electronic accommodations, and the hopes of these charge ports will be so that guests utilize them for the continued longevity of their devices and not to keep their heads in their smartphones. As an aside, these charge ports will not be on park maps, so they will act as a hidden, "in the know", Fansecret.

spacemt354

Chili's
Castle Courtyard Part 1

Location (#2 on Map)

2) Unnamed E-Ticket
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

What I'm picturing for the castle courtyard is essentially the FLE just...different IPs...and a little bit better:p

The unnamed 2nd E-ticket I would propose would be an upgraded and elongated, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Vultures.jpg

I was in the News and Rumors back in the day when this was being built and boy...twas not a pretty picture:hilarious: Arguments would break out whether this was a "kiddie coaster" or a D+ ticket.

Really to me it's a D-ticket, I like it, but it can be so much better (actually this wouldn't be a bad idea for a challenge one day in a competition...using the IPs of the Fantasyland Expansion, redo it in a better way...anyway I digress.)

According to sources, 7DMT was originally supposed to be longer, include much more dark ride scenes, and just be a better product than what we got. While cutbacks happen on all projects, it's disappointing because we had been waiting for it for almost 3 years and all we got was a 2 minute small coaster not even on the level of BTMR.

Well, BTMR is the level I'd be shooting for with this 7DMT. And it would make sense relatively around this time considering coasters can be designed. However this would include 50/50 split of dark ride and coaster elements, leaning even slightly more on the dark ride elements.

The "swinging" would be taken out in this version because the technology simply isn't there 40+ years ago.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/04/10271504_10152778058849008_2861578058685670924_n.jpg

It blends perfectly as a transition from one forest setting to the next and doesn't offer any large icons to counter the Matterhorn and throw off the views....the 50-60 foot "hill" essentially just looks like it is rolling off of the Swiss Alps countryside and into the Germany hills.

seven-dwarfs-mine-train-at-walt-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom-in-new-fantasyland-106.jpg

Area design and Snow White's cottage will remain the same
7%2BDisney%2BWorld%2BMagic%2BKingdom%2B7%2Bdwarfs%2Bmine%2Btrain%2Bhouse%2Bfamily%2Btravel%2Bguide.jpg

The dark ride scenes though will not only include a deeper look at the mine shaft adding about a minute of ride time in the mine itself
2014-05-fine-art-disney-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-22-sneak-peek-night-ride.jpg

But the attraction will also venture past Snow White in the forest running away and the dwarfs coming to the rescue to stop the queen, adding some elements from Snow White's Scary Adventures into the mix as well.

spacemt354

Chili's
Castle Courtyard Part 2 (planned late 70s - early 80s)

Cinderella's Chateau

Instead of being the icon of the Magic Kingdom, Cinderella's "castle" will be perched far off in the distance of the forest, using forced perspective similar to Beast's Castle in FLE.
latest

Cinderella will be a C/D ticket dark ride through the tale of the film. guests will walk through her chateau in the forest and go on an adventure with her to escape her evil step sisters and marry the prince.

Some concept art is posted below for what it could look like:

latest

cinderella-chateau.jpg

#4 (from 2009 FLE)
cinderella2_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Castle Courtyard Part 3

B-ticket - Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Dumbo_MK.jpg

B-ticket - Skyway to Neverland
8_1958_KT_N02.jpg

The Skyway to Neverland will be a high in the sky transportation route from the Castle Courtyard area next to the Mine Train, and will travel through the matterhorn like in Disneyland, and descend to Neverland on the opposite side of the park.
latest

It will be themed after Peter Pan, and evoke more of a fantastical feel rather than the more generic skyway feel in Disneyland.

The skyway will pass through the back half of the Matterhorn Mountain and not the middle, so you can get a glimpse of one of the main Fantasyland attractions, but not disrupt the view for photo-ops in front of Matterhorn Mountain as guests enter the park.

The pathways will be designed in a way that the trees block out the view of the skyway from the entrance and it can only be seen from certain angles around the mountain itself, creating an illusion that it isn't there.

2nd Quick Service - Storybook Cafe

An eatery themed to the classic folktales and stories that the disney films are based on, surrounding by trees, the small wooden tavern like setting will be a quaint eatery in the Fantasyland Park.

(planned 70s-80s expansion)

Robin Hood Dark Ride
Disney-Movies-Robin-Hood.jpg

TBA for a latter date.

spacemt354

Chili's

3) Unnamed E-Ticket

The Mythical Fantasy area of the park will contain the 3rd E-ticket on opening day. The obvious choice for it would be a dragon type attraction, however I really would like to see an attraction that goes all out mythical

Sprawling imaginative landscapes, beautiful scenery, impressive visuals.

Some images I was thinking of...all of them would be really different attractions...

28131.jpg

Fantasy-Landscape-Desktop-Pics-Wallpapers.jpg

Fantasy-Landscape-Desktop-Wallpapers.jpg

491533.jpg

Actually this last one is essentially the park as a whole...it's a good indication before I actually would draw this stuff of what it would look like...Castle Courtyard, Matterhorn in the background, mushrooms and flowers (representing Wonderland Forest) closest to you in the image.

latest

spacemt354

Chili's
Wonderland Forest - Part 1

6) Unnamed 1 C Tickets

Alice in Wonderland
C-Ticket

latest

Join Alice as she follows the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole and experience her many adventures!

tumblr_nie5w91Eor1rkiwnzo1_1280.jpg

Step inside a small English Cottage and wind your way through a Wonderland. Pass Tweedledum and Tweedledee, shrink to the size of flowers, and go through the Tulgey Woods!

DSC_4863.jpg

Hop aboard a teacup and stay on the trail of Alice and the Cheshire Cat as they race through town in search of the White Rabbit while avoiding the Queen of Hearts and her deck of cards!

latest

A Wild Ride That You Control

As you go through Wonderland, be on the lookout for the White Rabbit, which could make your teacup spin. Steer your vehicle a full 360 degrees as you manage to gain control and pilot to safety along the crazy course.

hqdefault.jpg

Boom C-ticket done...let's call it...Alice and the White Rabbit?

spacemt354

Chili's
Wonderland Forest - Part 2

Landscape Design

As a transition from the mythical side of Fantasyland and the Pixie Hollow area of the park, the Wonderland Forest will be very colorful and erratic compared to a more familiar forest setting.

Here would be what the land would look like

T
here would be 3 attractions

- The Alice and the White Rabbit C-ticket.
- The Mad Tea Cups spinner (B-ticket)
- A walk through Labyrinth maze

Essentially we could take a lot of elements from our Year 1 project in the House Cup!
26448052150_74c5de20e2_b.jpg

8) Unnamed Table Service Restaurant

The Wonderland Forest would also include the table service restaurant we need, themed to the Mad Tea Party.
A-Mad-Tea-Party-Alice-1.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/MRtNys

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom