Walt Disney Imagineers Unveil Mysterious Portrait...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Everyone is so off the trail, this is CLEARLY going to be a James Bond 007 attraction with Goldfinger....

either that, or an Austin Powers attraction with Goldmember

HMF

It's Tony Baxter , as Mr. Ravenswood from Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris.

According to Legend ( imagineering ) , Henry Ravenswood was an industrial baron who owned the Thunder Mesa Mining Company.He was married, and had a daughter named Melanie.But the gold ran out, and his luck with it.A great earthquake struck Thunder Mesa in 1860, during melanies wedding preperatons. Henry and his wife perished in the quake,and there daughter was never seen again.As for her fiance, he was found hanged in the Ravenswood Manor- by accident, or by fathers own doing? The boomtown that sprung up from the BTMRR created Frontireland - better known as "The Western River Expedition".
That story only applies to DLP.

MaryJaneP

Donald Sutherland for BTMRR movie to keep pace with other attractions either based on movies or having a movie based on the attraction (ie. HM, Splash Mtn, POTC, PPF, Swiss Family, etc).

LVgoN2WDW

Well this guy in the portrait sure has been diggin for gold.... I mean, not everyone has a ginormous gold nugget on there cane!

WEDway1975

I think it's maybe for the Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow because it says "His obsession with gold will ultimately lead to him to ruin." and pirates like their gold! lol :D

NADisney

That story only applies to DLP.

Yes, It does applies to DLP. But - when the WDW- MK was being Built- Marc Davis had created concept art, and models of an extended area of Frontireland known as "The Western River Expedition". This was supposed to be the substitute for PotC. But due to popular demand, the Pirates invaded Adventureland, and the flooded town of DryGulch of cowboys,indians,and saloon girls...sailed down river.

You can have the same characters, and backstory for the same attraction or in multiple attractions :
The Gracey's could have more then one mansion , as generation after generation moved across the country to expand their families wealth, and deathly secrets.
Henry Ravenswood could had inhereited his wealth from old mining prospects across the country- sometimes mistakening Indian Corn as Gold . Empty mine shafts ,and earthqaukes rattling mine carts around the track .
A sirens song can make you fall in love with them, under the sea , or atop jagged rocks.Silenceing men who can't tell tells till there kissed .;)

The Empress Lilly

Man I hate it when they shove uneccessary backstories, characters and details into existing experiences.

The experiences end up feeling so much smaller and mundane.

lazyboy97o

Yes, It does applies to DLP. But - when the WDW- MK was being Built- Marc Davis had created concept art, and models of an extended area of Frontireland known as "The Western River Expedition".
Marc Davis was the biggest opponent to these types of backstories and strong narratives in themed experiences.

WED Purist

Man I hate it when they shove uneccessary backstories, characters and details into existing experiences.

The experiences end up feeling so much smaller and mundane.

The back story was never meant for public consumption, it was only supposed to be an achor for any questions that came up during construction/theming.

meekoman

The Donald Sutherland references are SPOT ON....however none of you are thinking "outside the box'. Donald Sutherland's GREATEST role was that of Professor Dave Jennings in ANIMAL HOUSE. It's obvious, Disney is creating a single's resort based upon Animal House! There will be Toga Parties nightly, and you'll be greated at the door by none other than Eric "Otter" Stratton, rush chairman...and he'll be Darn glad to meet you!
Or, it's an addition to Pleasure Island

oswald

Just thinking off the top of my head of upgrades that have been propsed or mentiones in blogs, isn't Jungle cruise due for a big overhaul? Something to do with that? It's more likely to be BTM but just thought I'd expand the horizon abit more

RSoxNo1

I posted it everyone laughed so I ain't saying nothin
54573;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

M.rudolf

It's funny I posted a basic timeline about 2/3 months ago and was basically told I was a nitwit, so I'm a nitwit. The reason, I leak on wdwmagic instead of keeping my nitwit mouth, keyboard keys, shut. In all seriousness I love the boards and will continue to provide as accurate info as I can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom