Wallpaper Contest #21 - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figment1986

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
I've split a stick down the middle lengthwise before. With the right amount of force in the right spot, given enough time.. you find that weakness and crack.. The wear I get these days is from improper angling when I hit my cymbals. I recently have been playing with less angle, so it shouldn't be as big an issue on future pairs of sticks. Try hitting your cymbals at closer to perpendicular angles and you'll make yourself a nice pile of sawdust (unless you're using graphite-metal sticks). :D

I've been playing for 17 years now (minus 5 for the 'college years' when I really didn't play) and love it to this day. Only the last 2 years have I cracked down and started learning to play set (prior school training for concert and marching bands only). I just need a band.

I have been playing sincwe third grade, now in in 11. (i dont remember how to count at the moment due to last few days of summer, ) (i think thats 8)

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by Figment1986
I have been playing sincwe third grade, now in in 11. (i dont remember how to count at the moment due to last few days of summer, ) (i think thats 8)

Wow... I didn't start til the 4th grade. I am glad I went to a school system that offered music lessons. Keep up with it though. I became a real slacker in college and really started missing it after I was all through.

By the way, you may want to stop in at the Nicedrums.com Forum -- a good percussion message board with members all over the place (mostly US and UK).

PhotoDave219

Well, either everyone is taking their time - i'm almost done - OR...... everyone is so drained from the last poster contest that they've had it for a while. :lol:

Personally, i think this is actually one of the more difficult walpaper ideas but I think with some creativity it can be pretty cool. Like with what Ben did, i like that. Now either my idea is really, really good or it sucks john bigbooty, i'm just not too sure which it is yet. :D

NowInc

Im 99% done with this paper...just need to add the logo..and it just needs ONE thing i cant think of..its bugging me...but o well..i got pleanty of time...

SirNim

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Personally, i think this is actually one of the more difficult walpaper ideas but I think with some creativity it can be pretty cool.
Indeed... The only abundant subject of pics of RNRC are of the exterior guitar facade, etc... Quite frankly, nobody CAN take photographs of the interior part of the ride, because it's too dark and too fast. Thus, you have to be creative and find a way around that (or not include any references to the story of RNRC at all... :lol: ) :D

Bagheera

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Personally, i think this is actually one of the more difficult walpaper ideas but I think with some creativity it can be pretty cool. Like with what Ben did, i like that. Now either my idea is really, really good or it sucks john bigbooty, i'm just not too sure which it is yet. :D

BigbootAY! TAY!! TAY!!!

CalDisney

Okie Dokie!!!
Here is my Entry

Attachments

• rknrollerwallpaper.jpg
    rknrollerwallpaper.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 205

Figment1986

I am posting a version and am ASKING that you tell me what to do to improve.... (i have tried this every other contest, sorry for caps)

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 172

The_CEO

Is that WDW or the one over seas.
I dont remember the truses.

Infact:

Play by the rules and use Walt Disney World's :)

SirNim

Indeed that is Paris... It is a nice layout... just it is Paris.. I'm not sure about the rules...

Figment1986

I have looked at the rules and have not seen any rule that said i could not use the Paris station in my paper...

(It was the best i could find any way....)

The_CEO

Originally posted by Now Inc
Wallpaper Contest #5
New contest...

The topic::

Haunted Mansion (picked by the winner of the last contest: MainstreetUSA)

Specs::

Must be 700 X 525 (I am going to be stingy on this from now on...so try and follow this rule..ok?)

MUST BE WDW!!

It has always been a rule in the past. Why would it change?

When it comes to attractions that have been reproduced, it seems it has always been in people's favor to do the Orlando Version.

Figment1986

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Walk this waaaaay!!!

Yep, that's right, it's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!

Deadline: August 13th, Wednesday, 10ish CST.

Dimensions: 700 Pixels wide x 525 pixels high

Prizes:
1st Place: Choice of color of 1 pair of Rock 'n Roller Coaster Drumsticks! AND 3 topic poll ideas
2nd Place: 2 topic poll ideas
3rd Place: 1 topic poll idea

Couple extra things here:

If you're going to use someone else's picture, OR Disney's picture, You have to add to it or change it with something besides a font. It isn't fair to steal someone elses picture and just resize it, then post it as YOUR wallpaper.

For the winner of the contest, you must contact joefox97 via PM within one week of winning the contest to claim your prize or it will be forfieted!!!

Guess thats about it! Make a good one!

No mendtion of it, i am within the original rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom