Walking from POFQ to Old Key West

jkl2000

Original Poster
Looks like it's an easy (and allowed!) walk from POFQ to the Old Key West resort. Am I correct, and if so is there much of a reason to hoof it to OKW (maybe for a meal and to have a look around)?

PhilharMagician

Yeah, there are no sidewalk connecting the two resorts. This means walking between them is out. Not much in OKW to really walk over and see anyway.

The Tomorrownaut

As above, I would advise against walking and instead using the bus routes when moving between any resorts that are not sister areas that are directly connected. Just easier and safer for everyone!

jkl2000

Original Poster
As above, I would advise against walking and instead using the bus routes when moving between any resorts that are not sister areas that are directly connected. Just easier and safer for everyone!

How about that nature path from SSR to OKW? That oughta be safe...

Nemo14

Just not sure why you would want to do this (?) If it's just that you're looking for places to walk, there's plenty of that elsewhere on property (WL to FW comes to mind). But if you're specifically looking to visit a particular resort, take a bus to the closest park, then switch buses to the resort of your choice.

PhilharMagician

How about that nature path from SSR to OKW? That oughta be safe...
There is a walking path between OWK and SSR/DTD. It is a paved path between the two resorts and is advertised as a jogging path. I have walked it many times and it is quite peaceful. Not many people use it.

To go between PO and OKW by boat, I believe you will have to connect through DTD.

jkl2000

Original Poster
I'm just looking to see what resorts I can get to from POFQ without taking buses. So walking or taking the boat from POFQ. Just looking for dining options other than what's at POFQ and POR if we don't feel like getting on a bus or taxi.

nepalostparks

If dining options is what you're looking for, then there are definitely a bunch in Downtown Disney, accessible by boat. House of Blues was decent. And I've had several great meals at Wolfgang Puck (downstairs full service).

PUSH

The only resort you can really walk to from POFQ is POR. But if you're looking for dining options without taking a bus, both POFQ and POR have a boat that takes you to DTD. There's plenty of dining there.

jkl2000

Original Poster
It's just that yesterday I realized how close SSR is to DTD, and I got to wondering if there was anything we could get to aside from what's in POFQ, POR, and DTD. Sorry about the subject line, I actually don't need to walk anywhere - the boat would be fine! So you CAN take the boat from POFW to SSR, right? We can forget about OKW since you'd have to cross a road.

Nemo14

It's just that yesterday I realized how close SSR is to DTD, and I got to wondering if there was anything we could get to aside from what's in POFQ, POR, and DTD. Sorry about the subject line, I actually don't need to walk anywhere - the boat would be fine! So you CAN take the boat from POFW to SSR, right? We can forget about OKW since you'd have to cross a road.
not directly. You'd have to go to DTD first, then go to the dock for SSR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom