Pre-Trip Wait, we're actually going?! A Feb 2017 Pre-Trip Report

Hello! And welcome to my first ever adventure with trip reporting! I'm going to WDW in May 2017 and thought that maybe I should write a TR since I love reading other people's. Let's see how this goes.

I'm not really sure how to start these things so I guess I'll just jump in...

Since I'm completely new at this I'll introduce myself a little more. I'm Kaitlyn, I'm 23 years old, and I love all things Disney. Most people in my daily life don't understand my relationship with Disney and think that I'm crazy. That's why I'm on this forum, you all make me feel like I'm not alone in my appreciation for the magic that is Disney!

I grew up going to Disney with my family, my dad is a kid at heart and loved Disney just as much as my sister and I did. We went every few years while I was growing up and those trips hold some of our best family memories. Before this year my last trip to Disney was during my freshman year of high school. Once my sister and I got older and my parents started planning for us to go to college, Disney trips just weren't practical anymore and we stopped going. My love for Disney kind of got pushed to the side. Of course, I would still talk about going back to Disney but I wasn't obsessed. Last fall my boyfriend and I were talking about planning a vacation together and he was the one who suggested Disney. Not because he loves it, but because he knew I did :inlove: So just like that, we were planning a Disney trip. We went down in January 2016 and had the best time letting our inner-children run wild for the weekend! Since then, I've been dreaming of the next time I'll make it down to my happy place.

Fast forward to this September. I was talking with my best friend about wanting to go on a vacation. Of course, I mentioned Disney and to my surprise, she actually seemed interested! We kind of left it there for a while, I honestly thought that we would never actually get around to planning it out so I didn't get my hopes up. But a few weeks later she brought it up again: "So when we're in Disney..." I freaked out. Hence the title of this Pre-Trip Report: "Wait, we're actually going?!" And that brings us to today, we have our trip dates nailed down, I have some ADRs scheduled, and the pre-trip feels are in full effect.

I'll get to the real details of the trip in my next post!

kaitertot5249

Original Poster
Well, I have returned to real life, am getting caught up at work, and trying to figure out when I can make it back to Disney again. In the meantime, I'll get started on my trip report. I'll get it officially started tonight when I get home from work and I'll be sure to post the link on this thread too.

Let me just say, last minute planning does have it's perks (and some major drawbacks). I think I might have learned some lessons for future trips this weekend and I'm already itching to go back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom