w.o.m. preshow?

extinctlover244

Original Poster
was there a world of motion preshow? i have this old photo that seems to show an orange monorail in a very dark room. the monorail is 3" tall, 3"in wide and 3' long. is this w.o.m. horizions, a monorail museum or what?!?!?!?

Horizons1

There was no preshow to the WOM, you would simply enter the building, move through that detailed que :lol: , and board you vehicle. Are you sure its a monorail and not some sort of vehicle instead? If it is a vehicle, its probably from the TransCenter.
The only other thing I can think it would be besides that is something from the now extinct Rocket Rods que at DL. I remember they had several old attraction vehicles in the que.
Is there anyway you could post the picture?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`d LOVE to see the pic as well!

There was a little known WoM preshow area in EPCOT Centers early years; the queue would snake left after entering the doors into a separate room - what was in there is a mystery (all the more reason for seeing your pic)

I`ve attached part of the ground level plan - note the area to the north of the normal queue and load areas.

Attachments

• WoM preshow plan.jpg
    WoM preshow plan.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 99

yensidtlaw1969

marni1971 said:

There was a little known WoM preshow area in EPCOT Centers early years; the queue would snake left after entering the doors into a separate room - what was in there is a mystery (all the more reason for seeing your pic)

I`ve attached part of the ground level plan - note the area to the north of the normal queue and load areas.
Hey Marni, any chance you can show us the rest of that blueprint :slurp: ? :D

Yensid "Any chance you have a blueprint of the curretn Spaceship Earth Track layout?" tlaw1969

extinctlover244

Original Poster
wee problem

ok, now, the photo is of low-quality, piece-of **** old film stock. the photo is from approximately 1983, and shows either a monorail or some sort of really frikkin long articulated bus. also, this is not a real thing, it is a model, on a pedistal about 3-4' off the ground and about 3' long, maximum! it seems to be in a preshow/que area. hard to tell, as the photo is very dark. there seems to be a video screen in the background, however i can not tell what it is showing. any ideas?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This model does sound like one that was in the Transcenter postshow area... though I can`t find a pic of an orange one (or one monorail looking) - do try to get the pic posted and we can have a proper looksee!

Yensid; remind me to dig out the `print and recap it. Just don`t ask for the other 17 WoM blueprints - they are rather large! I don`t have the current SSE layout; just the Perrin ones. The Irons return to earth scene layout still eludes me in the greater scheme of things (ie positions in the Geosphere) but I`ve kind of narrowed it down.

There again, extinctlover, the original preshow area could have just been a display area viewed form the normal queue holding area; on the plan above the doors in could have just been for CM access - the `pipe handrail` may have been the edge of the display and in later years the silver cladding was added to wall off the area. All the mroe reason for seeing your pic; it`s intriguing me now!

Horizons1

marni1971 said:

Wow, never knew about that before, thats quite interesting. I'll have to ask my parents if they remember anything about this. They went to to EPCOT shortly after it opened in 82 and my father loved the WOM, he has the fondest memories of it.

extinctlover244

Original Poster
sorry.

i cannot post pix, i did not pay, also i do not have a scanner. sux, dont it? :)()

the photo shows a handrail, made of chrome pipe, just in front of the model. i do not have the photo here, as i am at work, and must sign off before ol man charles comes and kicks my a**.

just kidding, charles is out for the "convention" in the bar across the street.

no, really, the photo is stored in my head, and you cannot really see the model that clearly, as it is obscured by a person in a red and white shirt and brown pants. it looks like a type 4 monorail, with orange sides and white everything else. the front is jet black, just like the monorails, and the pedistal is either wood or fibreglass made to look like mahogany-sained wood.

any more questions? comments? oohs? aahs? w.t.f.s?

MansionFan415

As for the monorail, I know at the very end of WoM, there was a futuristic scene that had spaceships, monorails, odd looking futuristic cars, etc...in a very dark room. Quite POSSIBLY could be form that room, but I doubt even that. Otherwise, am guessing a show or exhibit of some kind.

And if there was some preshow off in a side room, I knew nothing of it, but would like to know more.

For all the times I have gone to EPCOT there WAS no World Of Motion preshow. Not as long as I can remember going from as early as opening. You walked in, walked to the end of one walkway, went up an inclined walkway, then turned and went up another inclined walkway to a moving walkway that you boarded the ride on.

The cars then took you outside and circled around where you could see SpaceShip Earth, and then inside to view the entire ride.

I know this merely from memory, and just recently got a colelction of 20 DVD's off Ebay, from a guy who has TONS of Disney stuff recorded. This includes many extinct attractions like WoM, Horizons, original Journey, etc...good stuff!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
MansionFan415 said:
I know this merely from memory, and just recently got a colelction of 20 DVD's off Ebay, from a guy who has TONS of Disney stuff recorded. This includes many extinct attractions like WoM, Horizons, original Journey, etc...good stuff!
How did those dvd's ever turn out? Did you get anything good? Can you recommend someone for me to buy dvd's off of on ebay?

Thanks! :wave:

mcjaco

I know I'm bumoing a ton of old posts, forgive me. I'm almost positive this was a post show display. I recall an orange monorail model, somewhere near the maglev train display.

I might have a picture somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom