• Bdis86 #14

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • christopher #15

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_CEO

Its not always rad being in the 15 top.. :( Look at all the votes I'm getting!! WOHOOO::::

~ Justin...

Main Street USA

Original Poster
I'm VERY happy to hear that those that didnt make the cut are going to keep at it. Like I said before, ONLY 1 person (who is in no way involved in this contest) decided which 15 they liked best. This basically means that if you had made the final 15, only 1 person didn't vote for yours.

Size couldn't be used as a reason to eliminate entries since I posted that it would be allowed for this first contest only. I felt my directions were a little vague in that area, so. :rolleyes: You can all lay that confusion at my feet this time.

In the next contest I will be VERY CLEAR in the size restrictions, and anyone who doesn't follow along with them will not even be qualified for the final cut.

These contests are here for the fun of making posters and wallpapers. The voting is there as a way to decide what the next contest will be, nothing more. I personally appreciate the work that everyone puts into all of these contest because I love to see what others are capable of.

Anyway, I guess that clears up my end. Bdis was caught this morning at around 2am. I posted the contest around 1am, so it couldn't have been stopped much earlier. But it's been taken care of, so on witrh the contest and the massive quantities of fun, fun, FUN!!!!!!!!!!:D

d dude

Good job Everyone! This was my first thing i've done on my photo editor, so i wasn't surprised it didn't make the top 15. Oh well, gives me a reason to try harder next time!:) And i'm glad the cheater thing is over....

The_CEO

I gave you my vote cause you put the most effort into yours. Anyone can put layers of diffrent pictures they find into a JPG. You hand drew yours.WOW.. Very detailed also. I found other drawings also to busy for me to vote for them.

I like yours alot.. GOOD JOB!

~ Justin...

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyJedi
I've come to the conclusion that many of the votes I see are related to one's popularity on this board. Notice those with the most posts also have the most votes. I wouldn't be surprised if some people rallied their friends to solely join this board, so they could gain a few votes, but who knows?

Jedi,

I'm going to assume you are referring to Wilson and I in this particular contest. My post count is somewhere in the middle of everyone, and Wilson only has around 30 posts. NowInc has 0 votes thusfar, yet he has the highest post count on these boards, AND may well be the most well-respected member here. Christopher won the last wallpaper contest by like 20 votes, yet he has only been on these boards for a month or so. However, I didn't hear anyone complaining about cheating or that they weren't getting votes.

So far I like you and I don't have a problem with anyone on these boards, but comments like yours that don't hold water are uncalled for. Those who know me on these boards know that I wouldn't do anything to cheat, and that I only started this contest to compliment the wallpaper one, and as another artistic outlet for those who wish to take advantage.

If you don't wish to participate then don't, but please stop posting comments like the one above. Participate for yourself and for the opportunity to show others your work and even possibly recieve feedback. You can't expect everyone to like your work, much less think its the best. Many people have many different tastes.

Neither Wilson or I have equalled half of the votes, which means that over 60% of the people here didn't think mine was the best, right? Same goes for Wilson. I've even spoken to people on IM that told me mine wasn't their choice for many reasons. I take their criticism and it helps me possibly correct those things in my next entry.

HAVE SOME FUN, ok? That's what the site is for (as far as I know!):)

jaylenofan86

Well said MSU! I think that I'm in the middle of everyone also, and I got 2 votes in the last wallpaper contest! 1 was mine! I don't feel bad that I got one other vote, I feel good that I can put my work on here and people can comment on it. I have goten messages from MSU and Griz commenting on my work and giving me some tips on how to make it better. I think this is the best place around the web where everyone can help each other out and put great artworks on here.

TURKEY

Jedi,

I didn't vote for you because when I think of Spaceship Earth, I think of the future. Your poster just didn't do it for me. I had no idea it was hand-drawn. That would make it more difficult to do futuristic renderings.

Your comments are out of line. I think its more out of frustration that you aren't winning. Like MSU said, this isn't a popularity contest. If it were, NowInc would be winning every single contest.

I don't know how easy it is to check this, or if people would like this to be done. But if this is all in fun, post who voted for who OR at least name everyone that voted in the contest.

Maria

Jedi,
Give me a break! I hope you are not serious about that comment! My favorite ones are many: 6,7,8,9,10,11 and if Bdis haven´t cheated, 14 too! I always take my decision on who to vote for at the end of the contest, because it is just way too hard to decide at the beggining. I like all of those a lot! :D

I commented on your sketching skills when you posted your entry, I liked it, but since you want to know, I will probably not vote for it because of the superimposed Mickey. If you had sketched Mickey too, it would fit better for me. However, I still think you did a very good job and the background looks nice too. :)

(I don´t post mine because I´m too popular and will be getting all the votes!) :D Kidding, of course! :lol: :animwink:

Maria

Sorry Grizz! I didn´t mean to offend anyone I didn´t list as my favorite ones! :( You all did a GREAT job and I do mean that! :sohappy:

DisneyJedi

You guys are ALL right and I do agree with everything you have said. I had a terrible day and was venting in a poor way. Re-reading what I wrote.. I don't like what I said and feel sorry I even said it. I'm sorry guys. I think highly of everyone on this board. I was WAY off on the post count to voting ratio (didn't honestly really check.. bad bad bad!) What was I thinking? :veryconfu
Sorry to Wilson and MSU, who are top job on all these contests! You both seem to be really, rockinly cool dudes (along with the rest of you on here)! Hope no hard feelings after my doody comments. I was half-serious, but it was blatantly wrong how I said it and it did sound like I was targetting guys who did not deserve it one bit. A personal apology to you guys..

I love these contests.. I honestly don't know what got into me. I read about cheating, then I had the worst day imaginable at work and then I got home and saw the voting and flipped. I'm ashamed and am deleting my post. It was in poor taste. I'd rather not be thought of as a sore loser on here. I sure know how to make my bad days every worse. No reason to hurt everyone else...

I publically apologize to you all and will THINK before I post again.
I really sawwwwrryy :( Hope you can forgive me..

DisneyJedi

One more post on a few things..

I say some stupid things outside this board also. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :)

Thanks CEO and Maria for your comments! It's comments like that that drive people like me to even try.

This board has some very supportive people... that's why I lost interest in the DISBoards.. the people here seem super friendlier. I like coming here. It really is the best place outside the world that is Disney. :)

Next time I say something stupid.. I expect some of these :hammer: to knock some sense into me, k? :)

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by Maria

I commented on your sketching skills when you posted your entry, I liked it, but since you want to know, I will probably not vote for it because of the superimposed Mickey. If you had sketched Mickey too, it would fit better for me. However, I still think you did a very good job and the background looks nice too. :)

Ok.. I knew that was going to bite me in the budd. I got lazy. Can that be my excuse? :) My wife even said "you should sketch Mickey yourself". Lesson learned ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE! :)

(I don´t post mine because I´m too popular and will be getting all the votes!) :D Kidding, of course! :lol: :animwink: [/B]

Ok.. I deserved that too! :) (inner monologue to self... stupid, stupid, stupid for my comment.. :hammer: :hammer: )
:)

Edited to stress the listening to your wife part

TURKEY

I accept your apology. I know I've had bad days and took out my frustrations in my posts.

Keep up your good work. You did great with your sketch. There are plenty of people on here to give you pointers on using computer design. Try dabbling in that.

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyJedi

Ok.. I knew that was going to bite me in the budd. I got lazy. Can that be my excuse? :) My wife even said "you should sketch Mickey yourself". Lesson learned ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE! :)

LOL! I agree....ALWAYS listen to your woman!! We are always right! :lol: :animwink:
Look forward to your entry on the next contest! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom