1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Volcano Bay

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando' started by Mike C, May 28, 2015.

1. mergatroid

mergatroid Well-Known Member

I believe this video will answer quite a bit of that. I'd recommend watching all 13 minutes as it also kind of helps deciding on the order you may want to utilise the slides ;)

TheDad and David2319 like this.
  2. mergatroid

I love this place, it's like a Jerry Springer episode about trolls today :D

I can almost see @captainkidd sat on the stage quietly waiting for @raven as the following ensues

Jerry "So captainkid, you're here today as you have concerns about paying hundreds of dollars to a water park where you don't believe you'll get to enjoy enough water slides"

Captainkid "Yes Jerry there's been many reports that everything's not quite right yet and so I'm biding my time and will take them when things improve"

Jerry "Well Captain, let's bring on Raven who has something to say to you"

(Raven then runs onstage pointing at the audience yelling)

Raven "You mo##########g Volcano Bay hating trolls. You want a piece of me, you want a piece of me you d#######s? And you captain, you can #### my #####"

(Captain stands up and starts stripping before the audience to reveal a huge 'I hate Volcano Bay' tattoo

Captain "You want this body ladies? Well you can't have it because I'm really here to tell Raven that I love him and want to marry him at Typhoon Lagoon. We can get married there and then ride all the slides with no ####### wait. I love you Raven, be my man"

(Someone then throws a chair from the audience shouting "Virtual queues are ####" and all hell brakes loose and 'Steve' gets knocked out by a flying Quidditch ball)

:D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  3. TheDad

TheDad Active Member

Dude!
    You have a very active imagination!!!
    That was funny!

mergatroid likes this.
  4. mergatroid

Thanks it's good to have a laugh about stuff, even with those with differing views. As for 'trolls', only those who post know their true intent but I can't say I sense any here. As for the accusations that it's a Universal forum so people who don't enjoy Universals offerings are probably trolls, that sort of contradicts itself. The reason I say this is that WDWMagic is primarily a Disney site, hence the name WDWMagic.

This is a sub forum on a Disney site, most people only discover this forum by accessing the Disney one in the first instance. Saying the equivalent of "Hey Disney fans, stay on your own forum" seems a bit odd as this place probably wouldn't exists if it wasn't for the former. In fact if you really wanted to be petty you could say "Go on a Universal forum if you're not happy instead of coming on a Disney one that has a Universal sub forum within it"

It is however more interesting and fun to coexist on here. Any of us could be trolls in theory but I suppose if we suspect anyone of being one we could just choose to ignore them? I find some of the rudeness to each other on here a more serious issue than 'trolling' but that's just my personal view.

brb1006 likes this.
  5. raven

raven Well-Known Member

;)

mergatroid likes this.
  6. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

People stuck in the massive Flight of Passage queue have been peeing and even pooping in a hallway off the queue.

I can't imagine the apoplexy the folks here would be having had Universal had people pooping in hallways because a new attraction had a long line. It would be the end of the world.

andysol and lebeau like this.
  7. Andrew C

Andrew C You know what's funny? Premium Member

Hmmm. What point are you trying to make here?

David2319 likes this.
  8. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

I'm going to tell you a story, a story that stars something called Potter. And in Potter, the line was much much longer. The end.

9. trr1

trr1 Well-Known Member

If you are staying onsite, I would highly recommend going when Universal opens to resort guest 1 hour early that means leaving the hotel at 7 am

lebeau and TheDad like this.
  10. Adam N

Adam N Well-Known Member

Idk how people get "stuck" in a queue. No ones holding them there and cast are willing to help anyone get to the nearest guest restroom. This is no different from literally any other ride.

dreamscometrue likes this.
  11. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

There's no cast members in the middle of a ride queue, just droves of other guests you have to squeeze past if you want to leave. And god forbid you or another member of your party are in a wheelchair or something. It's VERY easy to get "stuck" in a queue.

lebeau likes this.
  12. Adam N

Adam N Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to understand how this is Disney not opening with show ready standards though.

13. FigmentForver96

FigmentForver96 Well-Known Member

It isn't

egg likes this.
  14. JT3000

JT3000 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where he was going with that, I'm just telling you how easily people get stuck in a queue, since you weren't sure. Maybe he was trying to insinuate that FoP's long lines were partially due to inefficient operations on the ride itself, which is probably accurate, albeit off topic. The only operational problem with the queue itself, as far as I know, is that it wasn't built to handle the crowds, and so the line ended up snaking throughout the rest of the land in a highly confusing manner, just like the lines for everything else. The lack of proper signage doesn't exactly help either. But no one should expect a ride to be built with in-queue restrooms.

And if anyone was actually relieving themselves in a queue, they need a lifetime ban from the parks... and every other public space on Earth (except maybe China? I hear they're into that sort of thing.)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  15. raven

raven Well-Known Member

I agree. And theme park employees have been doing it for years too. :grumpy:

16. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

Way to close to how things might go.

My face hurt from reading this post.

17. lebeau

lebeau Well-Known Member

Volcano Bay opens at 9:00 currently. That means early admission at 8:00. It took me a half hour to get from my hotel room to the front gate using the shuttle, so you might not have to leave the hotel right at 7:00 to arrive on time. When we went, VB opened at 10 which meant we left the hotel at a very reasonable 8:30 to arrive at 9:00. That first hour is golden. Definitely make use of it.

trr1 and andysol like this.
  18. TheDad

TheDad Active Member

Is the first hour walk on or do you still use Tapu Tapu?

19. lebeau

lebeau Well-Known Member

The first hour I was there was all walk ons. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of slides are "ride now" for the first couple of hours. Especially now that the park opens earlier.

trr1, TheDad, andysol and 1 other person like this.
  20. photoginit

photoginit Well-Known Member

Yes, there is an expansion that will be started as soon as they wrap up finishing the park. After that they are gonna have to get creative in adding more slides. Don't know if they have had to rethink expansion plans and try to add more than they were already gonna add.