Voices & Images of Celebs used in the Attractions

hockeymom

Original Poster
Anyone have any idea how many & which celebrities have loaned their voices or images for the attractions at WDW? You know, like Phyllicia (sp?) Rashad for DINOSAUR and Bill Nye & Ellen for UoE. Are there some which are "in voice" only?

Sweetums

Jeremy Irons--voice on Spaceship Earth

Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite--Animation Tour (at Disney/MGM)

Dana Carvey, Kevin Nealon, George Wendt, Bobcat Goldthwait, Charles Grodin, Jon Lovitz and Robin Williams (as General Knowledge)--Cranium Command

Paul Reubens (aka P-e-e Wee Herman)--voice of Rex in Star Tours

...to name a few...

Robin Williams also did Timekeeper.

On a side note, don't you think the bleepins of words here are a bit extreme? I mean, we can't even say "P-E-E". It's just lame...

Sweetums

Oh, wow! I didn't even realize it did that! That is ridiculous! OK, how about "P-e-e Wee Herman" Sheesh!!

Oh, yes, and speaking of Timekeeper, Rhea Perlman (Carla from "Cheers") is the voice of 9-Eyes. And Jeremy Irons is in it too as HG Wells.

Sweetums

I am not 100% on this, but I think it is Kathleen Turner who does the voice for the Living Seas movie...."The deluge"...

A young Elizabeth Shue is the doctor (can't remember her name) in Body Wars. Tim Matheson ("Animal House", "Fletch") is also in Body Wars.

stingrock23

There's also Tyra Banks, Kathy Najimy, and the guy who played Principal Rooney in ferris beuler, they're all in alien encounter.

Eric Idle as professor Channing is another one.

Here's a site that has quite a few celebrity id's from park attractions. It lists Corey Burton as the voice of General Knowledge, rather than Robin Williams...

I believe the consensus is that Kathleen Turner is not the narrator for the Living Seas film, but I'm not sure if it's been determined who is...

Principal Rooney = Jeffrey Jones as Chairman Clench, also comedian/actor Kevin Pollak as Spinlock...

Ann Magnuson is the producer in Sounds Dangerous, her voice also appears in Universe of Energy during the KNRG segment along with Willard Scott. And don't forget Michael Richards' discovery of fire...

GoofyMike29

Remember when Michael Jackson did Captain E-O...scary stuff.
Also Howie Mandel did the voice for the one attraction about giving birth.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Bea Arther played Ellen's mother in the original version of the UoE remake. This segment was removed because it slowed the whole movie down. Essentially, Ellen brought Einstein home to dinner before returning to Jeopardy, and her mother is the one who gives her the light bulb (the parting gift). The lightbulb voice over was added to the show as an afterthought because no one understood why she was giving it to Einstein.

-Rob

Mr.Nutz

Don't forget Slater from the original Saved By The Bell. He's on the Space Mountain TV screens showing you all the programmes from around the galaxy. I pointed him out to my sister AND my girlfriend, but they didn't know what I was talking about. How sad that they don't recognise quality television.

emmagata

Originally posted by stingrock23
There's also Tyra Banks, Kathy Najimy, and the guy who played Principal Rooney in ferris beuler, they're all in alien encounter.

Eric Idle as professor Channing is another one.

Tyra Banks is in AE? Which one is she?

I recognise the Ferris Beuler guy.

Sweetums

Here's a site that has quite a few celebrity id's from park attractions. It lists Corey Burton as the voice of General Knowledge, rather than Robin Williams...

Cool link, Portable, thanks! I went to the Corey Burton website as well and it is very interesting. I would have sworn up and down that Robin Williams was the voice of General Knowledge! It's been etched in my brain so long, even with the proof, I am having trouble letting go! :hammer:

Sweetums

Living Seas

Ok, so now two of my long held beliefs have been SHATTERED! :cry:

I called the WDW Info line (407-824-4500--I remembered that from Traditions class!) and asked about the narrator from Living Seas. It took awhile, but I finally got an answer, and it is...............................Hope Alexander-Willis!!!!.......

:confused: Nope I never heard of her, either, but there ya go.

Nut4Disney

Tyra Banks is the alien who speaks to you about XS Tech on the monitors, while waiting in the pre-show line. Also, Billy Barty did the voice of Figment.

Sweetums

Great Movie Ride:

Here is what I remember from working there 12 years ago--

Mary Poppins and Burt are the actual voices of Julie Andrews and Van . I believe Gene Kelly is Gene Kelly too.

(I had to put the "1" in the middle of Mr. Van 's name because otherwise it says " ________ Van ". Just like when I had to type P-e-e Wee Herman so it wouldn't be ______ Wee Herman. This censorship is getting annoying!) :brick:

I am not sure about James Cagney or Humphrey Bogart or the Wicked Witch (in Oz--could be Margaret Hamilton, but I can't say for sure)

I know that John Wayne is NOT John Wayne and Dorothy is NOT Judy Garland.

Of course...I've been wrong before.... ;)

Star Tours--

Anthony Daniels is the voice of C-3PO (as he is in all of the Star Wars films)

MuppetVision 3D--

It was made before Jim Henson died so it contains all the original voices.

Kermit, Waldorf, Swedish Chef=Jim Henson

Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Sam the Eagle= Frank Oz

Gonzo=Dave Goelz

Sweetums, Scooter, Statler= Richard Hunt

Bean Bunny, Waldo=Steve Whitmire

Beauty and the Beast show--

Beast, Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Cogsworth and Chip have the voices that played them in the movie (Robbie Benson, Angela Lansbury, Jerry Orbach, David Ogden Stiers and ?).

Belle and Gaston sing live.

disneyisbest

Robin Williams also played a character in Alien Encounter. I am not sure if this one has been mentioned yet but Phil Hartman and Don Rickles in the pre-show for The Tikki Room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom