Virtual Queue beginning of the end for Express Pass?

danpam1024

Original Poster
With Volcano Bay opening with all virtual lines, and now Race Through NY w/JF set to have a virtual line, do you think UOR plans to phase out EP over the next few years (depending on the success of virtual system)? I'm hoping the revenue they receive from EP is enough of a deterrent not to.

Disneyhead'71

I believe that it would be very difficult to have EP lumped into a virtual queue. So if Uni continues to spread the virtual queues, then I believe EP will die a slow death.

JoeCamel

With Volcano Bay opening with all virtual lines, and now Race Through NY w/JF set to have a virtual line, do you think UOR plans to phase out EP over the next few years (depending on the success of virtual system)? I'm hoping the revenue they receive from EP is enough of a deterrent not to.

I don't think the two are exclusive, they could have less wait in the VQ if you have express linked to your ticket. Would not be hard to implement in the software. Or the counter could move faster for the EP people.

BubbaQuest

I hope not! I understand the need in Volcano Bay with the lower capacity attractions and the bonus of not carrying stuff, but what I love about EP is *not* having to schedule everything in advance.

BubbaQuest

Holy smokes, you may be right. Recently announced for the new Jimmy Fallon ride...

"In addition, Universal Orlando announced tonight that Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon will be the first attraction in the park to feature a "Virtual Line" experience. Visitors will be able to book return times to experience the attraction through the official Universal Orlando app or at kiosks outside the attraction."

fosse76

If the virtual queue replaces the standby queue, then I see no reason to believe that Express Pass will be eliminated. Even if it doesn't replace the standby queue, I doubt Express Pass is going anywhere. Since you enter the Express queue whenever you want without needing a return time, you're still getting on the ride faster.

macefamily

If Universal gives you a complimentary pass because of a ride problem; be careful. We got stuck on the Men in Black ride for 1/2 hour when the ride shut down. It was kind of cool because they put the lights on and we got to walk through the ride. As we exited they handed us a light blue Express pass. We decided to hold it until later that week when we planned to use it for Kong. As we approached the Express line that day and showed our passes, we were told "We don't accept those. We only accept the gold Express passes." I was mad. So we got into the 90 minute wait line for Kong....

lazyboy97o

Existing virtual queue systems like those offered by Accesso (ie. the defunct Universal Ride Reservation System) are already cable of offering tiered levels of virtual queuing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom