Villas in deluxe resorts HELP!!

riogirl

Original Poster
planning an August 2017 trip with my family of three and my sisters family of three. We would love a two bedroom villa at a deluxe resort: BCV and BLT preferably but willing to stay in other. Question is how to go about reserving? Through Disney themselves? Call resort directly? Use outside service like Daves? How difficult are the villas to reserve?? Thank you!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can book directly with Disney just like any other room or you can rent points from somewhere like you mentioned. Disney does offer these rooms with current room discounts or offers that would come out soon for August to save some, but renting will likely be cheaper still.
If you rent points vs. booking through Disney you just won't get daily mousekeeping they come every 4th day if staying on points. ;)

sxeensweet

Rent points. Never pay Disney's cash price for a DVC room.

We used to pay cash but that was back in 2008-2012 when Disney offered substantial discounts on those rooms 45% off usually before we joined DVC. So it was comparable to renting but now yes even with a discount etc it's cheaper usually to rent. :)

riogirl

Original Poster
We used to pay cash but that was back in 2008-2012 when Disney offered substantial discounts on those rooms 45% off usually before we joined DVC. So it was comparable to renting but now yes even with a discount etc it's cheaper usually to rent. :)
Where else can I rent points?

AndrewsJ

Yes! We did too. Actually many times before we bought in. But like you said it was many years ago. Still, using a promotional discount is much much better than paying rack rates for the villas Usually renting there is a "no refund period" policy. There has to be to protect the owner from losing lots of money. That just isn't practical for a lot of vacationers. So if that policy won't work for some families then renting from Disney with a promotional discount is the way to go. @sxeensweet I was just thinking about you in the poly studio thread. The OP was asking about DVC. I tried to give a summary but I probably confused the heck out of him lol. You can probably explain it a lot clearer.

sxeensweet

Yes! We did too. Actually many times before we bought in. But like you said it was many years ago. Still, using a promotional discount is much much better than paying rack rates for the villas Usually renting there is a "no refund period" policy. There has to be to protect the owner from losing lots of money. That just isn't practical for a lot of vacationers. So if that policy won't work for some families then renting from Disney with a promotional discount is the way to go. @sxeensweet I was just thinking about you in the poly studio thread. The OP was asking about DVC. I tried to give a summary but I probably confused the heck out of him lol. You can probably explain it a lot clearer.

I'm not always the best at explaining either on here. I can tell you in person easier than I can type it on here. Lol
But agree and we did it many times before joining too then realized wait we should just join. And sadly those large discounts are a thing of the past as well as room rates have increased too. Could of bought in for what we spent those trips combined. Lol. :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
BLT usually isn't included in any resort room discount offer.

With regards to renting points, the company has to have points in its inventory and the resort must have availability for your desired dates. Go to Dave's and review the info he provides. He will call DVC member services to check resort availability. However, it will be the DVC owner who makes the actual reservation, not Dave, not you. And it will be the DVC owner who must make changes. There are no refunds if you cancel because it impacts the DVC owner.

LAKid53

Premium Member

The reason Dave's and other DVC point rental companies have a no refund policy is because owners can loose points. Most owners rent points because they can't use them or the points can't be banked. Or the owner needs $$$ to pay their upcoming dues.

There are risks to renting points...like an owner who doesn't pay dues by the deadline and suddenly your vacation goes bye bye.....

PrincessL

The reason Dave's and other DVC point rental companies have a no refund policy is because owners can loose points. Most owners rent points because they can't use them or the points can't be banked. Or the owner needs $$$ to pay their upcoming dues.

There are risks to renting points...like an owner who doesn't pay dues by the deadline and suddenly your vacation goes bye bye.....

Does a 3rd party like David's check to make sure dues have been paid before booking?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Does a 3rd party like David's check to make sure dues have been paid before booking?

I'm sure they ask the owner - not sure if they ask for proof. DVC member services probably won't tell Dave's or other 3rd party rental companies.

sxeensweet

I'm sure they ask the owner - not sure if they ask for proof. DVC member services probably won't tell Dave's or other 3rd party rental companies.

And to add if there is any issues these reputable rental sites will refund your money but you also then don't/might nigh have a reservation. Just a risk you have to take if you want to rent points. It does not happen often though. ;)

sxeensweet

Amen to that! Shoot for Old Key West, and you have a chance plus tons more room than either of the ones you want now.

Overall yes but BLT they will get another full bathroom so 3 total bathrooms in a 2 bedroom compared to just 2 full bathrooms at BCV (there other choice) and OKW. So something to think about for them too. ;)

mouse_luv

As much as I love Kidani and it's home to me. I'm thinking OP probably wants closer access to the Parks, so my suggestion is BWV (Boardwalk villas). The 2 br there should do the job and not be as difficult to get as BCV and is right across Crescent Lake. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom