Viewing Wishes from Narcoosees

ILUVTHEMOUSE

Original Poster
DH and I are visiting in November and I have been trying to get an ADR at California Grill in the 8:00 hour to view wishes. So far there are none available but I'm calling everyday in case there's a cancellation.

When I called this morning, the rep told me that Wishes could also be viewed from Narcoosees. There was no problem getting an ADR for November so I went ahead and booked it. Anyone who has dined here during Wishes and can give me feedback would be greatly appreciated. Do they pipe in the music? I am a little paranoid because there were plenty of ADR's available during our travel dates. I'm wondering if it's not the same experience seeing Wishes at Narcoosess compared to California Grill.

I still plan to continue to check for an opening at California Grill and will cancel Narcoosees if something becomes available. However, if that does not happen, is Narcoosees a good alternative?

yankspy

I have seen both and there really is no comparison. The fireworks from Narcoossees are nice but the angle is such so that they do not have that appearance of being close to the castle. At Cali Grill, you are sort of looking down on MK so you get a much nicer view. If you want your own comparison go to flickr and type in the search box "Wishes from the Grand Floridian". Then type in "Wishes from the California Grill". Be sure to type those exact phrases. There are many pictures of both and you will see the difference yourself. Here is the link to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/

danpam1024

I have seen both and there really is no comparison. The fireworks from Narcoossees are nice but the angle is such so that they do not have that appearance of being close to the castle. At Cali Grill, you are sort of looking down on MK so you get a much nicer view. If you want your own comparison go to flickr and type in the search box "Wishes from the Grand Floridian". Then type in "Wishes from the California Grill". Be sure to type those exact phrases. There are many pictures of both and you will see the difference yourself. Here is the link to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/

I respectively disagree.
We ventured out and tried something new, Narcoossee's, and were WONDERFULLY surprised! While cali Grill is loud, crowded and highly overrated, we found Narcoossee's to be a hidden jem. The food beats Cali hands down...we live in SW FL and have access to some of the finest seafood restaurants, that cali doesn't come close to, however, Narcoossee's was definitely up to par. As far as the fireworks are concerned, Narcoossee's is better than Cali in the fact that it is more intimate, the best view is from ANY table, where as Cali, the best view is from the balcony w/ 50 other people. AND you get the bonus of an up close in person electrical water pageant!!! You will be glad you were UNABLE to get Cali, and thanking your lucky stars you were able to experience the romantic wonder that is Narcoossee's:sohappy:. But that's just my opinion ( and the opinion of my DH):animwink:. BTW...you MUST get the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert!!:slurp:

Yes they do pipe in the music

yankspy

I respectively disagree.
We ventured out and tried something new, Narcoossee's, and were WONDERFULLY surprised! While cali Grill is loud, crowded and highly overrated, we found Narcoossee's to be a hidden jem. The food beats Cali hands down...we live in SW FL and have access to some of the finest seafood restaurants, that cali doesn't come close to, however, Narcoossee's was definitely up to par. As far as the fireworks are concerned, Narcoossee's is better than Cali in the fact that it is more intimate, the best view is from ANY table, where as Cali, the best view is from the balcony w/ 50 other people. AND you get the bonus of an up close in person electrical water pageant!!! You will be glad you were UNABLE to get Cali, and thanking your lucky stars you were able to experience the romantic wonder that is Narcoossee's:sohappy:. But that's just my opinion:animwink:. BTW...you MUST get the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert!!:slurp:
As far as the food and atmosphere, yes, I completely agree. I have never ever liked the food at Cali at all. However, we may be in the minority of the people who dislike Cali, which was why I stayed quiet on that matter. I also agree that it is far more intimate and you get the water paegent, etc. I was specifically speaking about the view, as far as what you see, not surroundings, etc. Personally, I am with you for all the reasons you stated. I do still think that if we are simply talking about vantage point, I would say Cali Grill has the best. BTW, thank you for respectfully disagreeing.:lol:

ILUVTHEMOUSE

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. You've both sold me. I'm just going to keep my reservation as is and not worry about California Grill. This is an anniversary trip for us so Narcoosses sounds like the better choice for the occasion.

I did check out the photos on flickr and see what you mean about the distance. However, the view from the GF still looks great and I would prefer the quieter setting.

Thanks again for your replies.:wave:

I enjoyed your feedback as well! We celebrated my DH's birthday last September at Cali Grill and enjoyed it but thought we'd try something new this year and booked ADR's at Narcoose's. Can't wait!
:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom