viewing areas?????

WDW Monorail

RoE- At the entrance to world showcase at the top of the incline infront of the computer circuit boards embedded into the planters for the show.
You can see over everyones head and you get the full effect of the inferno barge and globe.

Wishes- I like to be in front of the Plaza restaurant.

Spectromagic- At the base of the Main Street train station directly in front of entrance of the floats. There are some benches there so you don't have to stand and the ground is a bit elevated so you can see over peoples heads.

Dukeblue1016

Well... wishes is clearly from Main Street... but it gets PACKED... so my FAVORITE place is from the Polynesian Beach because its romantic, not too many people usually, its just very nice... but if you'd never seen the show before, I'd say do it on MS first, then try another spot.

I don't watch parades so I don't know what to tell ya, and for IROE... I've seen it a few times from great spots, can't exactly remember where was best... possible between those two shops between Mexico and Canada that are basically right at the entrance of Future World for WS... anyone agree/disagree?

Scar Junior

Usually I hate when people say this... and this is my first time in 4.5 years, but this thread is totally in the wrong section. I assumed it will be moved soon.

Mecha Figment

i always liked to watch spectro over in frontier land over near big als or the hotdog stand. it give you a fence to lean on. or i'll sit and wait at that little corner of fence at the very very end of the parade route on the slash mountain side. it was there that me and peter pan had a short conversation.

dbogue

illuminations? in front of italy on the little island thing near the gondolas is ideal....or mexico....and if you wanna wait the 2 hours or so you can do it right inbetween the two gift shops at the entrance of world showcase.

CAPTAIN HOOK

My favourite spots -

Wishes : Anwhere along Main Street - best for photos with the front of the castle in the picture

Illuminations : Either - entrance to World Showcase or between UK and France

Parades : Main Street. MGM and AK I don't have a preference

typhoonguy

RoE: The prominade in between the Towers merchandise shops or Japan on the 2nd floor of (don't hate me if I don't get the correct restaurant name) Tempanyaki.

Spectro: Train station or right in front if slow day, frontier land porches on a busy day

Wishes: you know, this one is odd... ever since the show Wishes took over for Fantasy in the Sky, I've never ONCE in over 100 times seeing the show had a problem with finding a seat for myself and my girlfriend right infront of the castle. I usually sit to the behind-left side of the partners statue. Never had a problem with people standing up their either.

minnie2000

With ROE, if we don't want to wait for ages, is there somewhere we can go and get a reasonably good view?

We have 2 children, who love epcot, but get very tired there, and do not want to stand around. Because of this they have never seen ROE.

We are quite happy to be behind everyone else, but would like to be able to see a fair bit. Is it mainly fireworks in the air or effects on the lake? Is there a bit of a hill anywhere, where we could stay at the back, but still see over people's heads? Or should we just leave it?

dreamflight99

Illuminations=Rose and Crown, lower terrace seating (without a doubt). We have tried every single nook and cranny over nearly 20 years, and this is our tried-and-true favorite. It does take some "tricks" to get this seating, (timing, and talking with the manager the day prior to your desired date of dining), but we have never had a problem.

For Wishes...we love so many places. I would say close to the castle as typhoonguy wrote--as we have no trouble finding seating there either (inside the castle for dinner is one of our favs too--especially near the window, lights are all dimmed, Walt's voice is piped-in and it's got tremendous MAGIC appeal), or Peter Pan/Small World. I love main street too...but it is SO packed, it's hard to move at times. I prefer the areas in fantasyland where there seems to be less crowds.

For ROE, I have to agree 100% with WDW Monorail! This is how we also enjoy it (best kept secret...I never knew anyone else did the same!). So few do this---it's the best way to enjoy this experience.

Spectromagic....many different places and ways. We have actually "followed" the parade right behind Mickey and Minnie up until they pulled the rope across to block the throngs and carry-on to the backlot. Many years ago, one of the parade associates who accompanies the parade floats along gave DD a special illuminated "official" WDW issue flashlight/parade collectible!

He said she was just too cute as she walked and waved at Mickey and Minnie, he just had to talk to her and give her the "special" gift. He also let her under the rope and take a special photo with Mickey and Minnie! He was the nicest---and one of the exec-types with the white shirt/secret service ear-piece, etc. She still has the special issue light, and recalls the evening it all happened. MAGIC is alive and well in WDW...as I always attest.

One of my favorite parades remains the ELP. I have all the pieces, and they light/flash like the real deal. I collected them over three years, and was thrilled to obtain the last one in WDW. I have photos if anyone is interested. They are just so cute---especially flashing and all lighted. There's no music though---so I must put on a CD to bring the enitire thing to the FULL EFFECT (LOL)!

WDW Monorail

For ROE, I have to agree 100% with WDW Monorail! This is how we also enjoy it (best kept secret...I never knew anyone else did the same!). So few do this---it's the best way to enjoy this experience.

I knew that I wasn't crazy for being up there by myself with my parents and 2 CMs guarding the circuits. No one was wiyhin 20 yards of us.

Does anyone even know what is in those planters besides myself?

Minnie01

One of my favorite parades remains the ELP. I have all the pieces, and they light/flash like the real deal. I collected them over three years, and was thrilled to obtain the last one in WDW. I have photos if anyone is interested. They are just so cute---especially flashing and all lighted. There's no music though---so I must put on a CD to bring the enitire thing to the FULL EFFECT (LOL)!

ELP is one of my old faves also. I had not seen it in YEARS until last summer when we visited DCA...brought back memories. I would LOVE to see pics of your mini-parade! Can't wait to see them!

Minnie01

With ROE, if we don't want to wait for ages, is there somewhere we can go and get a reasonably good view?

We have 2 children, who love epcot, but get very tired there, and do not want to stand around. Because of this they have never seen ROE.

We are quite happy to be behind everyone else, but would like to be able to see a fair bit. Is it mainly fireworks in the air or effects on the lake? Is there a bit of a hill anywhere, where we could stay at the back, but still see over people's heads? Or should we just leave it?

Our favorite spot is the open area between the two gift shops right as you enter the WS. There is a hill there and I have never gotten a spot where I did not have a clear view. It's great and you don't have to get there hours in advance in order to see the show. We spent wayyyy too much time in previous years sitting and waiting on the show before we found this spot.

Minnie01

For Spectro Magic, we usually sit at Pecos Bills at the outside tables right up against the fence. When the parade starts, we stand on the stools and, voila...great viewing! The CMs won't allow anyone to stand or sit in front of that fence, so the there is no one in front of you!

dreamflight99

ELP is one of my old faves also. I had not seen it in YEARS until last summer when we visited DCA...brought back memories. I would LOVE to see pics of your mini-parade! Can't wait to see them!
I thank you for your kind comments (ELP is just my favorite too...and I was thrilled when it was moved to WDW for a couple seasons -- if anyone recalls?, before moving back to Ca). I have the photos on disc and shutterfly. Is there a simple way to post them here (I am a not computer savvy). ^_^
If you pm me your email, I can easily copy and send them right in your email---and then you can even post them. Sorry for all the trouble. I know you would enjoy seeing them--they are pretty darned cute, (which parade piece is your fav?). The little love bug with the big glasses is so sweet---and the dragon is a beauty too (even has the lantern!).

Thanks for any and all help with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom