VIDEO of "Enchanted Stitch Room"

tirian

And a forever-subjective one at that. Besides, most guests like UNM and SGE anyway, including yours truly.

Don't be so condescending. UNM may be a mistake in YOUR point of view, but it really wasn't.

Where does your information come from?

UNM gets low approval ratings, and SGE gets even lower ones.

It's fine that you like them (I myself pop into UNM once in a while for the Tiki goddess), and I understand your unhappiness with sweeping generalizations; but you made some bold statements, too.

tirian

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, the imagineers have lost it, they are getting lazy in my opinion why don't they just put Stich on each ride, so many different characters in the Disney archives but lets keep using the same one and not introduce the classic characters to the younger generations:shrug:

The Imagineers weren't lazy at all. Tokyo doesn't have SGE, and Stitch fits into the Tiki room better than their version of Tomorrowland.

Stitch is only in one attraction in TDL, and he's much more popular over there than he is here.

I agree with your sentiment, though. I'm sick of seeing Stitch in WDW—and I like the original movie! :hurl:

Woozle

I think I would back this because in my opinion...
As a fairly new attraction, SGE is weak and I think closing it would actually be better. UNM doesn't really pack a punch and gets boring quickly. (I always looked forward to the old version of the tiki room, not so much this one) So I think by transfering Stitch over to the tiki room, it may help save the classic attraction most people love by adding a very nice new twist.

MickeyJman06

Sorry second post :brick:
Personily i prefer this over SGE because those animatronic birds are classics with stitch ears! and the stich animatronic is cool too! personily this makes more sense then SGE within movie relations

PeoplemoverTTA

The problem comes in that most people think of Stitch as he was in most of the film: in a tropical setting. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but I remember the space/alien setting of the film to be quite brief. I know he is an "alien", but the sci-fi setting isn't what you think of when you think of the character from the film.

Exactly. Plus, the whole continuity thing with this attraction always bothered me. The attraction takes place supposedly before he meets Lilo, so they should be referring to him as Experiment 626. Yet, the attraction is called "Stitch's Great Escape" and he refers to himself as "Stitch" during the show.

If it takes place before he went to Hawaii, he wouldn't have the name Stitch. That's a huge story error, IMO, and it just bugs the heck out of me.

...that, and the disgusting chili dog smell :lol:

ssidiouss@mac.c

Actually, I wouldn't mind them taking out all the birds and changing the tiki room to just stich in the white elvis suit singing to a few Elvis hits from that famous Aloha From Hawaii concert. Scratch that, nevermind his voice is bad. Umm.. okay maybe a lifelike anamatronic of elvis wearing his white suit in the middle of the room singing a few songs while a mini stitch anamatronic runs around and interacts with him. Aloha From Elvis! Featuring Stitch!

Animaniac93-98

How about a triumphant return of Alien Encounter instead?:sohappy:

How about a flight to the moon with an alien encounter?

As for "Enchanted Stitch Room Which By the Way Has Tikis" I'm all for it, if it mean no more UNM and SGE. I do wish however that they would bring back the original show, just for the 40th first, as rumored so I could see it without having to go to DLR.

DisneyNut2007

If they are gonna get rid of anything, PLEASE put me out of my misery and close the Country Bears. I have nightmares about that show, and break out in a cold sweat even just walking by it in the park!!!

No need to thank me.:ROFLOL:

Also, the Country Bears are actually still popular anyway, so consider yourself outnumbered. :)

I don't think it would make everyone happy...there's always someone who's unhappy with something. :lookaroun

Sad, but true.

And the Tiki Room's integrity was NEVER destroyed anyway, not even when Iago and Zazu took over. I also still think of UNM as a better homage to the original show than either of the Tokyo versions, especially the now-gone "Get the Fever".

As I've said before, let the original Tiki show remain unique to DL and let us WDWers have a different version to enjoy.

I highly recommend watching the Extinct Attractions Club DVD about the making of UNM and it'll give you a change of heart and make you become more respectful of the Imagineers that worked so hard on it (Kevin Rafferty, Jeff Burke, etc., all of whom are actually BIG Tiki Room fans), because they actually SAVED WDW's Tiki Room from the wrecking ball by revising show.

tirian

Also, the Country Bears are actually still popular anyway, so consider yourself outnumbered. :)

Yeah, they're very popular. I'm looking forward to the new audio, so that the clapping doesn't end awkwardly anymore...

I highly recommend watching the Extinct Attractions Club DVD about the making of UNM and it'll give you a change of heart and make you become more respectful of the Imagineers that worked so hard on it (Kevin Rafferty, Jeff Burke, etc., all of whom are actually BIG Tiki Room fans), because they actually SAVED WDW's Tiki Room from the wrecking ball by revising show.

I've got to say this:

I love the original Enchanted Tiki Room.

It reeks of gentle, 1950s-style humor. For someone like me who watches a lot of old movies, the original ETR is enjoyable; but it was never popular among the general public in Florida.

I'd like to see an original show that doesn't rely on characters. Blend the top segments of the ETR—the opening song and War Chant—with new musical numbers. Get everybody clapping and dancing in the aisles...

...maybe it should feature ABBA music. ;)

NX2I85

I like this possibility because it fixes two issues -SGE and UNM. This assumes SGE space is going to be re-imagineered. What's the hold up? Let's get little Stitchy moved over to Adventureland pronto!

theverynk

You guys can't be serious? You all like the Country Bears?!
Ok I'm moving back to the DIS where Country Bears are outnumbered and people like Stitch!! LOL :lookaroun

:p

EPCOT Explorer

I think we're going to be taking new flights to the moon in tomorrowland :drevil:

How about a triumphant return of Alien Encounter instead?:sohappy:

Wouldn't mind either of those...

So Adam, since the Stitch Tiki Room is coming soon,will there be a point when SGE and the Tiki Room are BOTH open at the same time or will SGE close immediately after so it can be redone for a new attraction?

Also, any hints on what is going into SGE?:DThe BNL things?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom