VIDEO - New live entertainment act TradNation debuts at Epcot's Canada Pavilion

ToTBellHop

Sigh. Another one that I wanted to like. Plenty of musical ability, but as has been said already, absolutely no stage presence or showmanship. This is exactly why real Disney produced entertainment is needed instead of all these outside groups.
Haven't they always preferred to bring in outside acts from the host nation? I remember folks here having three conniptions over the Lumberjacks not all being Canadian.

raven

Wednesday's through Sunday's? What is Epcot doing to their entertainment?

Sound didn't work on my device when I played the video so I cannot comment of the music, but what I saw was people just standing on the stage. Doesn't anyone "perform" anymore?

Luxe

Why should there be a double standard? Would you say the same thing if a parade opened and wasn't up to quality? This is a world class theme park, not a place to learn how to perform.

Can't help but agree with your point. As a musician from Canada I know for a fact that there are much better acts to offer who actually put on a show while providing wonderful authentic music. These guys were boring to watch and the music was decent but lacked the energy and push that you want to hear in that environment.

I don't think it's a place where a band should have to ease into it. You either have showmanship or you don't. Unfortunately I can't foresee a large crowd gathering to watch this group, hopefully they are able to pull a crowd instead of just walk-by performances.

ToTBellHop

You don't enjoy to guy on the right who kicks? I could watch his kicking as long as I could watch a bobble head. Ah...catharsis.

Cmdr_Crimson

Dat Dancing......:hilarious:
JonTronDancing_zps3ee1527a.gif

Last edited:

Thelazer

Why Why Why?

Another group that doesn't "fit" the quality level of what used to be great entertainment provided by Disney. At this point, they should just hand the stage over to Disney Performing Arts, and book Canadian high-school bands to play on it everyday.....

mouse_luv

The band sounds okay but take away the vocals. Also, give them some time I guess. I loved Off Kilter too, but no one is going to be them and we shouldn't be expecting them to be.

sophie_the_pooh

Wow, that was terrible... Was that supposed to be some kind of french canadian traditional music? Because I am a french canadian from Quebec and it definitely isn't supposed to sound like that! It's a very festive and energic type of music, mostly played during the Holidays... (We also have country music, but that's different...)

Tony the Tigger

Can't help but agree with your point. As a musician from Canada I know for a fact that there are much better acts to offer who actually put on a show while providing wonderful authentic music. These guys were boring to watch and the music was decent but lacked the energy and push that you want to hear in that environment.

I don't think it's a place where a band should have to ease into it. You either have showmanship or you don't. Unfortunately I can't foresee a large crowd gathering to watch this group, hopefully they are able to pull a crowd instead of just walk-by performances.

Can we get Corey Hart, please? Thank you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom