(VIDEO) Gaining easier access to UNIVERSAL & IOA

Timekeeper

It's odd that UOR would implement higher security measures (metal detectors & bag checks) in the parking garage hub, while leaving multiple routes that circumvent the common path for entry. That would be like WDW moving the MK security check point to the TTC ...but of course WDW seems to understand that not everyone who shows up at the MK "turnstiles" passed through the TTC.

StageFrenzy

It's odd that UOR would implement higher security measures (metal detectors & bag checks) in the parking garage hub, while leaving multiple routes that circumvent the common path for entry. That would be like WDW moving the MK security check point to the TTC ...but of course WDW seems to understand that not everyone who shows up at the MK "turnstiles" passed through the TTC.
There is/was a bag check before you get on the boat.

sporadic

Sorry, but this is BS. He skipped over the part where they wand you and check your bags in the boarding area for the boat. It's quick and hassle free, but they still check you.

Last edited:

Timekeeper

Thanks guys. I guess that segment was edited out of the video, and the narrator seemed to suggested that they "skipped" bag checks... I thought maybe something had changed, but it seems clear from your feedback that nothing has changed, security measures remain in place, and the video is simply misleading. Good for UOR. Bad video.

Living The Dream

Original Poster
WOW.. I posted the video to show the EASE of using the water taxi..over parking at the main garage. Yes, they do wand you and check bags but am unable to film that whilst someone is checking us over. So sorry that I didn't mention that in the vid.

This is still, by far, the easiest and most leisurely way to US & IOA as the queues for bag check and metal detector scanning at the entrance to City Walk is ridiculous!

Todd H

Just returned from UO today and they wand you before you board the boat. Even with the metal detectors before you enter City Walk, it still usually took less time walking than waiting for a boat.

jensenrick

Just returned from UO today and they wand you before you board the boat. Even with the metal detectors before you enter City Walk, it still usually took less time walking than waiting for a boat.

Yeah, i love taking the boat (when I'm staying at the hotel) and I've never waited too long for a boat, but to come from the outside- that's a long walk from the parking lot to the boat dock, isn't it?

fosse76

I doubt you'd save much, if any, time doing this. And I found Universal to be surprisingly efficient with the metal detectors.

Living The Dream

Original Poster
The walk alone is quicker.. saves all the walk through from the garage and though & round city walk. Sometimes getting into the garage can be busy outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom