Victoria and Alberts!!!!

radiohost

Original Poster
Since this is one of the most luxurious dining locations on property I was wondering a couple of things?:

1. Is it worth the money?

2. How far in advanced do I need to make reservations?

Also if there is anyone who has been, please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks!!!!!!:cool:

natalia1681

I don't know if it is worth the $, as I've never had enough to $ to eat there. I know that if you want to eat there, you need to be on the line waiting to make your ADRs 180 days out, as reservations disappear very quickly.:wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Since this is one of the most luxurious dining locations on property I was wondering a couple of things?:

1. Is it worth the money?

2. How far in advanced do I need to make reservations?

Also if there is anyone who has been, please share your thoughts and comments. Thanks!!!!!!:cool:

My wife and I went on our honeymoone. Let me preface this by saying I am a meat and potatoes type of guy....

Did not really enjoy the experience, and I would not pay the kind of money required to eat there. We went as part of our honeymoone package. The first thing that caught us kind of strange was the look we got when we said we would not be having wine. I believe it was an additional $75 per person for wine service with each course. Niether my wife nor I are wine drinkers. Not had they had a Margaritta service with each course, that would have been different.

The only reason that we did not have to stop buy and grab somthing to eat afterwards (the portions were extremely on the small side) was the bread/rolls that they served with each course.

All in all, not impressed. That being said, if you like high priced pretty food, go for it. :D

TwoTigersMom

Now for the other side of the fence. My husband and I went for our 9th anniversary and we absolutely loved it! We had a very enjoyable evening, it was so romantic. My hubby had the wine pairings, but I didn't. It was very nice to be pampered for the evening. We are going back in April and will be visiting V&A's again.

isitingood

Now for the other side of the fence. My husband and I went for our 9th anniversary and we absolutely loved it! We had a very enjoyable evening, it was so romantic. My hubby had the wine pairings, but I didn't. It was very nice to be pampered for the evening. We are going back in April and will be visiting V&A's again.

I agree, I went last june and will be going again in Jan. My girlfriend and I had a fantastic time. If you can afford it then give it a try. I don't drink either but I didn't get any weird looks so have a great time:wave:

RonAnnArbor

My take - after one dinner there - is that if you have never been to a 5 star restaurant before, try it - it is wonderful to be catered to that way, and the food is tasty.

That being said - no, it absolutely is not worth the money -- it is the only 5-star restaurant in Orlando, let alone on property at Disney, and that leads to very long reservation lead times. The restaurant is overrated and the food portions extremely small. It reminds me of some of the 5-star restaurants we used to eat at when I lived in New York City - you go for the atmosphere and the pampering, but expect nothing from the food.

Sadly, that should not be what going to the top-rated restaurant it town should be all about. My advise? Treat yourself to a (much better) dinner at Bistro de Paris in Epcot instead. If you are a meat and potatoes person, go to Shula's instead. You'll still spend a lot of money, but at least you will get some food on your plate.

I am also a meat and potatoes guy, and I had a hard time finding anything on the menu that I was happy with - and I agree that you need to stop and eat something on the way home -- we went over to WDW after dinner, and I kid you not I had to get a hotdog at Caseys about two hours after dinner since I was still hungry.

Is it romantic? Yes. Is it a high-quality night out? Absolutely. Is it really the best in town? No way.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My take - after one dinner there - is that if you have never been to a 5 star restaurant before, try it - it is wonderful to be catered to that way, and the food is tasty.

That being said - no, it absolutely is not worth the money -- it is the only 5-star restaurant in Orlando, let alone on property at Disney, and that leads to very long reservation lead times. The restaurant is overrated and the food portions extremely small. It reminds me of some of the 5-star restaurants we used to eat at when I lived in New York City - you go for the atmosphere and the pampering, but expect nothing from the food.

Sadly, that should not be what going to the top-rated restaurant it town should be all about. My advise? Treat yourself to a (much better) dinner at Bistro de Paris in Epcot instead. If you are a meat and potatoes person, go to Shula's instead. You'll still spend a lot of money, but at least you will get some food on your plate.

I am also a meat and potatoes guy, and I had a hard time finding anything on the menu that I was happy with - and I agree that you need to stop and eat something on the way home -- we went over to WDW after dinner, and I kid you not I had to get a hotdog at Caseys about two hours after dinner since I was still hungry.

Is it romantic? Yes. Is it a high-quality night out? Absolutely. Is it really the best in town? No way.

Finally. I thought I was the only one out there who thought the way I did. I mean, palease, when you order quail soup (I forgot what the fancy name was), one would expect there to be actually some quail in it, not just the water that the quail took a bath in. :D

maggiegrace1

It really is all about Quality and not Quanity..thats the way 5 star restaurants are.
You are paying for the best food from some of the best chefs..so you wont get tons of food..
You will get the best tasting food in the best presentation though.
So it really is up to you what you want.

Either way ..have a great time..:)

isitingood

I agree, quality is better then quantity. Everyone is going to have a different opinion about V&A so it just depends on what you like.

I know that if you want to eat there, you need to be on the line waiting to make your ADRs 180 days out, as reservations disappear very quickly.:wave:

This isn't always the case. I've made reservations for a month out without difficulty. Now, if you are unable to be flexible with your date, or you want a special date, then yes, you may want to make the reservation as far in advance as you can.

davinakb

Reservations: yes book as soon as you can; flexible dates will help.
Worth it: that really depends on YOU, and the type of diner/customer you are.

The restaurant itself is lovely, quiet and ideal for a romantic evening. It's fine dining with excellent service, smaller yet more unique portions created for individual enjoyment than a mass audience. So if that appeals to you, and you're comfortable paying that much for dinner, go for it.

My only time there was in the kitchen at the Chef's Table with my family. We loved it and were very full. It was more expensive, but there are more courses at the Chef's Table. Only two people in our group did the wine pairings, and the sommelier was happy to have the bartender mix some sangria for other diners.

That said, RonAnnArbor is right about checking out other signature dining places if V&A seems too much for you. Look at the menus, see what looks good to you. We've also enjoyed Bistro de Paris several times (usually get the tasting menu with wine pairings:slurp:), love Jiko and the SA wines, etc.

Anyhoodle, enjoy whatever you decide.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I'll chime in here too.

We ate at V&A for the first time in October for our 10th anaversary.

Here's what I think...Was it expensive, yes. Was it worth it, yes. Would I do it again, yes, but not every year. I would reserve re-visiting for special occations every few years.

Yes the food came in small portions, but we did get 6 couses! We were not hungry after the meal.

I got 1 glass of wine, my wife just had coffee. No strange looks at all.

Also, I am not much of an adventurus eater, but I through caution to the wind and picked some selections that I normally would not have. The food was great and I ate everything. Plus our main meal was Kobe beef. Now that was worth every cent!

So in closing, I vote yes to V&A, but I wouldn't do it every year, just special occations. I would like to add that we also tried Bistro De Paris for the first time on this last trip as well. We loved that one too. I will be definatly going to that place EVERY year. Great place, and not to pricey. Flying Fish cost more than there.

davewasbaloo

We really like V & A's. However, I would agree with a number of posters - if you take your time and like to try everything including the wine, it is excellent. If you are more of a 16oz steak and baked potatoe kind of person, skip it and go to Le Celiiers or the California Grill.

We do love V&A's though. For the record, it is not Disney's finest dining IMHO. That award goes to the Napa Rose at the Grand Californian (Disneyland) followed by the California Grill at the Disneyland Hotel Paris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom