Very angry about Fast Pass + choices or lack there of for June 17-20!

jlthomas81

I can not believe that at midnight for the 60 day period to choose fast passes that the Anna and Elsa Meet n Greet is already completely booked! I am also not happy that you have to choose between Soarin/Test Track and TSMM/Rockin Roller Coaster! Any of your thoughts, comments, suggestions would be appreciated. Moderators, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I am just frustrated!:mad:

We arrive on a Tuesday, and I was able to snag FP for A&E on Saturday of our trip....so that would be 60+4 days. I received the advice to try to book that right at midnight a few days our from arrival day. Even then, there were only a few choices left on that day. Sorry about that, but I have also been told that FP's for A&E pop up all the time as people cancel their Fastpasses. So just keep watching!

DisneyJoe

If it was the old system, would you have been willing to get to the park at rope drop, make the run back to the FP machines to get your FP for A&E? If so, then just do the same now and instead of getting in the line to get your FP, get in the real line. Wait a short time and move on with your trip. The advantage would be that you now have 3 pre-selected FP+'s in your pocket and don't have to run around the park to other machines the rest of the day.

Basically if it is that important for you to do, then there is always the stand-by option.

I was going to say exactly this. Rope Drop and do A&E first thing, the waits aren't bad. Same can be done for Mine Train.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I understand how you feel, but I would not call how I feel anger, more like frustration. We don't have kids and don't go in the summer or during busier times. We are blessed enough to be able to go in the spring and fall, at least a couple of times per year, three for this year.
We have yet to make a fastpass in advance, and have no plans to do so. And we never bring a phone inside the parks. What we have started doing is spending much more time outside the parks. Resort and pool time is wonderful and requires no advance planning. We just refuse to plan out our days so far in advance. We have been known to not even decide what park to go to until the day of.
Yes, we have been out of luck for some things that have standby lines too long, but there has been plenty of other things to do instead. Now, I realize we don't have to worry about disappointed children who may not get to do something they had their hearts set on, and I am sure that makes a huge difference to trip planning. As for us, this whole plan your day so far in advance is just not going to happen. I don't even wear the stupid unmagic band.
It may come down to less visits for us, but that is OK too. If Disney uses technology to alienate people like me, I suppose they are making it up tenfold with people who love and embrace the new system and will never know any other way. I miss the old system, but I miss my old waistline too!

Just wondering if you make any dining reservations ?

bethymouse

Original Poster
Are you traveling with young kids that would utilize the child swap passes or are they older and will ride everything?
No. My boys are considered "adults" at 10 years of age!LOL;) But, they love FROZEN, and Anna and Elsa. If we can fit them in without waiting 2 or 3 hours, we will. Otherwise, we'll miss them except for the Welcome "Parade" at DHS.;)

bethymouse

Original Poster
BTW, while booking fast passes for BTMRR, Splash, and Mine Train, they have us listed twice for each! Glitch or just good luck!?:confused: So, we can ride each of those twice with a fast pass! 11-12, then 11:35-12:35 ( BTMRR) 12-1, then 12:35-1:35 (Splash), then 2-3 and 2:30-3:30 (Mine Train). I hope this sticks. I would love that! It's on My Disney Experience!:joyfull:

epcotisbest

Just wondering if you make any dining reservations ?
Hey Ferrett,
For us, we rarely make dining reservations either. Staying DVC, we often prepare some meals in the room, and when we stay offsite we tend to eat offsite as well, or just do quick service. Last Sept. we did Beaches and Cream. Whispering Canyon, Boma, Sanaa, Wolfgang Puck, TRex and House of Blues walk up. In the parks we usually do quick service. Pecos Bills, CHH, Sleepy Hollow etc...dining is not really a big priority we fret over. If something is booked we will try something else. We have tried many signatures, but they are not a main part of our trip.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Hey Ferrett,
For us, we rarely make dining reservations either. Staying DVC, we often prepare some meals in the room, and when we stay offsite we tend to eat offsite as well, or just do quick service. Last Sept. we did Beaches and Cream. Whispering Canyon, Boma, Sanaa, Wolfgang Puck, TRex and House of Blues walk up. In the parks we usually do quick service. Pecos Bills, CHH, Sleepy Hollow etc...dining is not really a big priority we fret over. If something is booked we will try something else. We have tried many signatures, but they are not a main part of our trip.

It is the same for us.we have only ever booked a handful of restaurants in our 12 trips. I remember when we first went we walked straight into La Celier and were seated instantly. Unfortunately the rise and popularity of ADR's has given rise in part to the whole FP+ :-(

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
@MR FERRET AND @epcotisbest You all are lucky. If I tried a walk-up ( once for Tonys Town Square), I never get it. I guess signature restaurants are easier to just walk-up, not so many ADRs for those.;)

I think with us it was about 15 years ago played a big part in getting in.we don't go for signature dinig at all so finding somewhere to eat isn't a problem (not having kids helps also)

ArtificialArtist

Because they want you to buy overpriced tickets early on which are valid for only 14 days. For that price it's a rip-off. I seriously don't know why you people take the bait on this milking strategy... i was at both WDW and Universal in March and i'm more than fed up with what has happened to the price tiering in the past decade. It got out of hand, but hey, they can milk and milk because nobody complains and they don't give a flying f... .

epcotisbest

@MR FERRET AND @epcotisbest You all are lucky. If I tried a walk-up ( once for Tonys Town Square), I never get it. I guess signature restaurants are easier to just walk-up, not so many ADRs for those.;)
Well I'm gonna really blow your mind. We have done BOG walk up a few months ago, and California Grill too, but Cali. was before the remodel and in early Sept. during a slow period right after Labor Day. Walked up to LeCellier in Sept. too. Got there before it opened and they said we could be seated right at opening. I realize this is the exception rather than the rule, and I guess it makes things easier if you don't care if you get in our not. Some people plan their trips around dining and it is of major importance. It is not important to us and we get lucky sometimes.

bethymouse

Original Poster
@ArtificialArtist It is sad.:( Technology has ruined our society beyond anything our kids can ever imagine! Disney has fallen into the world of technology as well. Innovation yes, but if it doesn't quite work, then someone needs to try and fix the problem. I don't have the answers, except if Disney keeps "pricing out" those of us who love Disney, then maybe some day Disney will have to do something about the rising prices! I can't imagine in 10 more years having to pay 150$ or more for a park ticket!:eek:

BrianV

I can not believe that at midnight for the 60 day period to choose fast passes that the Anna and Elsa Meet n Greet is already completely booked! I am also not happy that you have to choose between Soarin/Test Track and TSMM/Rockin Roller Coaster! Any of your thoughts, comments, suggestions would be appreciated. Moderators, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I am just frustrated!:mad:

I hope you have fun!!

Think of fastpass+ differently than you used to use fastpass. In my opinion the best way to use it is to book rides in the afternoon when the crowds have built up. In the morning when the crowds are low, fastpass is not needed as much and you can ride most rides. In the case of soarin/test track, I agree it is frustrating. But again, use the strategy of booking one in the afternoon when lines are long, and the other go to first. I'd recommend soarin for your fast pass as the lines get crazy.

I will say that my kids have largely outgrown characters (except chip and dale) so we had no interest in Anna or Elsa. Once you eliminate character meet and greets from your list of must do activities, you find you have time to wait on other lines.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
BTW, while booking fast passes for BTMRR, Splash, and Mine Train, they have us listed twice for each! Glitch or just good luck!?:confused: So, we can ride each of those twice with a fast pass! 11-12, then 11:35-12:35 ( BTMRR) 12-1, then 12:35-1:35 (Splash), then 2-3 and 2:30-3:30 (Mine Train). I hope this sticks. I would love that! It's on My Disney Experience!:joyfull:

I hope I'm not raining on your parade, but that to me sounds like you might have different times set for different members of your party. That can happen if you changed times for an experience but accidentally didn't select everyone. I'd check your Itinerary for that day and make sure it says FastPass+ for x Guests with the correct number for each experience before you celebrate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom