Vancouver, Port Departure, Alaska cruises.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Can someone who has been on a DCL cruise out of Vancouver, tell me the process of Embarkation at Canada place. I have read that the port may open later at Vancouver, than PC, but I know DCL times are often published later than the actual. When did the port open for the new cruise? Also I ave read its USA immigration first, then check in, is that correct, how long was the wait and queues, what facilities were in there, when did embarkation start?
THANK YOU

Disneyfalcon

In 2012 the port opened earlier than Disney advertised. Our family arrived around 10:15. We got there at 10:45. You can kind of get a feel for the process here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-a-wonder-ful-alaska-may-30th-june-7th.759822/

I took a picture in security because I didn't realize I shouldn't. It was definitely first. I didn't get many pictures of the waiting area, but it was pretty big. Minnie was out when we were there.

sweetpee_1993

Thank you, we are staying in the Pan Pacific so above the terminal.

Speaking of the Pan Pacific, I saw them in the travel section on Gilt.com with rates starting at $110/night thru like June 10. Not sure how good that price is but thought it was worth mentioning to anyone going. ;)

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Speaking of the Pan Pacific, I saw them in the travel section on Gilt.com with rates starting at $110/night thru like June 10. Not sure how good that price is but thought it was worth mentioning to anyone going. ;)

Thats a good rate, were later in the year and I prebooked and happy as after I booked and prepayed our £/$ rate fell 10%.

Disneyfalcon

I was so sad I missed the Pan Pacific because our flights were delayed. Our family all stayed there.
And $110 is a great rate!

ChuckElias

We arrived only one night before the cruise left. So we used our morning on boarding day to stroll around the Gastown section of Vancouver a little bit. This meant that we boarded later than we normally do. It was worth it to see a little bit of Vancouver, though.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
I am getting there on Saturday and have a private tour booked for Sunday to see the area, and we then embark on Monday.

enchantingadven

Only 66 more days and we'll be going through embarkation in Vancouver for our Disney Alaskan cruise. We scheduled the earliest time available (11:00 am - 11:30 am). I'm hoping it goes as smooth as our two Disney Dream cruises out of Port Canaveral!

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
Only 66 more days and we'll be going through embarkation in Vancouver for our Disney Alaskan cruise. We scheduled the earliest time available (11:00 am - 11:30 am). I'm hoping it goes as smooth as our two Disney Dream cruises out of Port Canaveral!
Enjoy and let us know how it all goes.

enchantingadven

I definitely will. Our cruise sails June 10 - 17. We are flying into Vancouver from Atlanta on June 7th and returning to Atlanta on the June 19th. I think we are going to stay at the River Rock Resort and Hotel both before and after our cruise. We're looking forward to doing a little exploring in and around Vancouver.

DISNEY FANTASY

Original Poster
I definitely will. Our cruise sails June 10 - 17. We are flying into Vancouver from Atlanta on June 7th and returning to Atlanta on the June 19th. I think we are going to stay at the River Rock Resort and Hotel both before and after our cruise. We're looking forward to doing a little exploring in and around Vancouver.
Enjoy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom