Value vs. Moderate in late August

jp19ml13

Looking at going to the World in late August of this year with my girlfriend. We have always stayed at the value resorts, but are thinking of staying at a moderate this time like Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach. My question is there a really big difference between the value and the moderate resorts? Is it worth the difference in price? Any help will be appreciated.

NewfieFan

Do a thread search and you'll find some great info already out there!

The rooms are not that much bigger, however you do get a double vanity (which is nice if you're both getting ready at the same time and it gives you more space for toiletries).

The pool will be a little more themed with a water slide and there will be a hot tub.

There's a table service restaurant at the mods, however some of them are not open for every meal time.

The bus stops are covered.

Other than that there's not much difference.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
"Worth" is a very subjective thing...

A lot of people go with the values because "it's just a bed" after a long day in the parks where you sleep isn't all that important. For others, the mods are a little bit of pampering.

I personally prefer deluxe because it's a more comfortable stay for me, though I've tried almost all the resorts. My next stay we're at POR just to try it.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I think it depends how much time you actually plan on staying at the resort... I have had the opportunity to stay at all levels and if you are really only going to use the resort to sleep and swim, I recommend staying at a value to save $$, that way you'll have more to spend while there.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Do a thread search and you'll find some great info already out there!

The rooms are not that much bigger, however you do get a double vanity (which is nice if you're both getting ready at the same time and it gives you more space for toiletries).

The pool will be a little more themed with a water slide and there will be a hot tub.

There's a table service restaurant at the mods, however some of them are not open for every meal time.

The bus stops are covered.

Other than that there's not much difference.
Coronado has a fitness center.

The mods all tend to be a little less hectic and noisy also - at the pools, food court, arcade, etc. Fewer groups of unchaperoned kids. Fewer smokers.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

You gotta pick a Moderate! Moderates are GREAT Resorts, many times more desirable than a Value.

Moderates have a theme that takes you to another place and/or time with theming that transports you to that specific location eeverywhere.

Moderates have larger rooms, double sinks (except Coronado--but Coronado does have queen beds), and in room fridges.

The pools are very large and have water slides and hot tubs at all Moderates.

Moderates are surrounding a beautiful lake, so there is a lot more recreation to partake in--boating, biking, beach volleyball, and billiards/ping pong.

Moderates have covered bus stops with benches to relax on. The Value bus stops are incredibly annoying and not very relaxing.

But VALUES are much CHEAPER, so whenever budget is a deciding factor, Values ARE in fact the way to go. But if you can swing a Moderate, DO IT.

We prefer Caribbean over Coronado; the theme, bright colors, sights, and sounds of Caribbean Beach are preferred. And the double sinks...so much easier with 4 in a room with double sinks, as oppposed to Coronado's single.

Upvote 0

neilzoid3

As for Coronado versus Caribbean, I lean Coronado. I have stayed there many times and have enjoyed every stay I've had there. The big problem that I have had with Caribbean Beach is that it is far more spread out than Coronado. If you get unlucky, you can get burnt by not being close to a bus stop.

On the same token, I don't feel that things are too cramped at Coronado. Things always appear to be tranquil, even though it is one of Disney' biggest convention hotels! If you're looking for the "beachy" feel, request the Cabanas section of Coronado as there are beaches right out front with hammocks. My personal favorite section is Cabanas 8A or 8B. 9A and 9B are good too. Close proximity to the main pool(which is very nice) and bus stop #4. 10-15 minute walk to the lobby and main building.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Definitely Coronado. I stayed at Caribbean Beach twice before trying Coronado. I've now stayed 3 times at Coronado, and haven't been back to Caribbean.

Our 2nd fav mod is POFQ. We basically alternate between it and Coronado.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom