VALUE RESORTS BUS TRANSPORTATION

Rodb

Original Poster
I am curious about which value's have the best transportation. I have had good luck with moderates(por) and deluxe (beach club), but was concerned if the value resorts are a transportation nightmare. i really don't want to spend my vacation waiting for buses if i ever stayed there.

Thanks in advance for any information people might have

JasonDeyoung

I have only stayed at Pop! and that was about 4 years ago as far as the value resorts go and never had an issue with the service there. I usually see more busses for value resorts pass by then anything else actually.

walter1901

I have only stayed at POP but, I can tell you they have the best. They don't share like the All-stars and are less expensive than AOA.

Rodb

Original Poster
I have only stayed at POP but, I can tell you they have the best. They don't share like the All-stars and are less expensive than AOA.

Do the buses usually show up every 10-15 minutes and when they do; are you able to sit down or is it standing room only?

Thanks

walter1901

Do the buses usually show up every 10-15 minutes and when they do; are you able to sit down or is it standing room only?

Thanks

I found that POP had very reliable bus service there is usually room for everyone and a few times we were the only ones on the bus and this was Christmas season!:):)

G8rchamps

We just did Music for memorial day weekend 3 nights and had no issues. No sharing with the others, maybe due to busy weekend. In fact- on Sunday night it barely rained at Epcot and we ended up on a charter with no wait.

Rodb

Original Poster
thanks . i was ideally wondering how they were running on memorial day weekend since that is the time frame i would be going in the future. You were lucky with the rain . We were at Mk on that sunday night and it poured with thunder and lightning. Luckily they accepted us in BOG an hour early on our ADR, so the night wasn't a total loss.

cw1982

I can say this much: I'm here at the Pop now and have been since Sunday. I have yet to wait more than five minutes for a bus leaving the resort or more than 15 for one coming back. Maybe I've just had really good luck but I think they must be doing a great job for my luck to continue to be that great for four days in a row ;)

Rodb

Original Poster
I can say this much: I'm here at the Pop now and have been since Sunday. I have yet to wait more than five minutes for a bus leaving the resort or more than 15 for one coming back. Maybe I've just had really good luck but I think they must be doing a great job for my luck to continue to be that great for four days in a row ;)

what would you consider the best location at the pop; so you wouldn't be far from the transportation?

Thanks

cw1982

what would you consider the best location at the pop; so you wouldn't be far from the transportation?

Thanks

The 50's and 60's buildings are closest. 70's aren't terrible either. We're in an 80's room and haven't minded the 5 minute walk to our room each night. It's quiet out here, even with a pool being on the other side of the building. 90's would be the farthest from the food and buses.

I think it's important to note that the resorts don't have any control over their bus service - it isn't as if each resort has a fleet of buses assigned to it. Buses are all dispatched from a central location, and whether a resort's bus service is good or bad on a particular day or week really has nothing to do with the resort itself. So it's really hard to state that any resort's bus service is consistently good or bad - it's just the luck of the draw with the dispatching system. The number of bus stops within a resort or how many resorts share a bus can affect wait time, but that's all the resort has any control over.

popcenturylover

I've stayed at POP, AOA, & CBR. Bussing was best at POP, CBR a close 2ND, & AOA being the worst. Although, in AOA's defense we stayed there the 2ND week the LMRs were open so, maybe they were still working out some problems.

smk

I do not understand the hate for value bus service. I have stayed at sports the last 5 years at different points of the year and have never had any problems. The one time I did it was my fault - and it was at POP
I have only had a bus issues at POP as well, near riot because of so many people and not enough buses. We love Sports, and last year when we reluctantly stayed at Music due to Sport food court refurb, we always took whatever bus came first and walked across a parking lot to our room. You cannot do that at POP unless you take AoA bus and then the walk to your room is much longer. I will always stay at Sports over POP or Music, Movies.

disney4life2008

I have only had a bus issues at POP as well, near riot because of so many people and not enough buses. We love Sports, and last year when we reluctantly stayed at Music due to Sport food court refurb, we always took whatever bus came first and walked across a parking lot to our room. You cannot do that at POP unless you take AoA bus and then the walk to your room is much longer. I will always stay at Sports over POP or Music, Movies.

Finally another sports fan! Sports (to me) is the best resort on property. I am biased because I will never pay more than $100 per night to stay on disney land. But of the values - sports is number 1. People complain about the rooms but the rooms are spacious enough for a small (or growing family) and or a couple, etc. The fridge is a nice addition as well (and wifi). And we rarely share busses - usually only when its non peak time of the day and even that is rare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom