"VA secretary: Disney doesn't measure wait times, so why should VA?"

StarWarsGirl

"What's important is what's your satisfaction with the experience."
Um...lower wait times ARE part of the overall experience satisfaction. That's why Disney has Fastpass+, to shorten queues for a few rides for their customers, and interactive queues to make the process less painful.

Unfortunately, DMVs aren't the only places staffed by sloths.

Goofyernmost

If, in this case, VA stands for Veterans Administration, the Secretary is dumber then a bucket of rocks. They certainly do keep track of wait times and are always doing things to help lessen the delays. I'm lucky I guess, the VA hospital in Durham, NC is literally right across the street from Duke Hospital, one of the best in the nation. The interns and Doctors do alternating duty across the road at the VA. I have had better care there then I ever had in any hospital I have ever been in. Got respected and cared about and they always responded immediately when needed.

Goofyernmost

"What's important is what's your satisfaction with the experience."
Um...lower wait times ARE part of the overall experience satisfaction. That's why Disney has Fastpass+, to shorten queues for a few rides for their customers, and interactive queues to make the process less painful.

Unfortunately, DMVs aren't the only places staffed by sloths.
The one flaw in that is that it created longer lines for many, many people. Not really a good trade-off. Before there was no standby, there was just an attraction line and when you were next, by god, you were next. The line kept moving and although some could be long, they were no longer then present lines are now and as long as you kept moving forward everyone was happy. Fastpass was a perk that Disney PR convinced everyone as being the best thing since sliced bread. Just another herd them like cattle and make them like it situation.

JohnD

Original Poster
We're building a HUGE VA facility in Tallahassee. But with attitudes like that I don't hold out much hope for Veterans in the new facility. They can bulld facilities overnight on printed money but can't be bothered to serve our veterans from the newly built facilities. Disgusting. They could learn a thing or two from Disney.

Goofyernmost

We're building a HUGE VA facility in Tallahassee. But with attitudes like that I don't hold out much hope for Veterans in the new facility. They can bulld facilities overnight on printed money but can't be bothered to serve our veterans from the newly built facilities. Disgusting. They could learn a thing or two from Disney.
I never got the idea that the policy was local. One will always find someone with an attitude, but, in the two different locations that I have experienced VA care, it was tremendous. There are a lot of Veterans now, (baby boomers, Vietnam and later) that are at the age of needing more care. I'm sure it is putting a lot of pressure on each facility that has an uphill battle to get sufficient funding from those grateful people that run the country.

JohnD

Original Poster
I never got the idea that the policy was local. One will always find someone with an attitude, but, in the two different locations that I have experienced VA care, it was tremendous. There are a lot of Veterans now, (baby boomers, Vietnam and later) that are at the age of needing more care. I'm sure it is putting a lot of pressure on each facility that has an uphill battle to get sufficient funding from those grateful people that run the country.

Well, for the sake of our veterans, let's hope they get the world class service they deserve. As for the VA Secretary, he's an idiot. Disney doesn't care about wait times? (Meaning they shouldn't either). Seriously?

JohnD

Original Poster
"Even Disney pushed back on the secretary’s comments. A Disney Theme Parks representative told Independent Journal Review that they do in fact “take wait times very seriously” at their parks, and, “A large team of highly trained industrial engineers are tasked with improving our guest’s experiences, from transportation, to guest flow, to ride comfort and certainly wait times.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...estorm-over-disney-comments.html?intcmp=hpbt1

prberk

When I first saw this on social media I could not help but post picture of the wait times board from MK with wait times posted for iconic Disney attractions. It was just ridiculous. The VA administrator is clueless if he doesn't think Disney or any other service institution should be concerned about wait times.

Now, I will say that with medicine this current trend of having hospital Emergency Room wait times advertised on billboards, it has me a little concerned on the other side of things. Yes, we want people to be seen expeditiously, but I also want to make sure that the doctors and technicians take enough time to see things that might not be immediately apparent. So, I have to say the "we only have a five minute wait time" billboards bring me just a little bit of concern, when I should also maybe see "award-winning medical research" billboards....

My point is that there is a balance. And the balance does include wait times to be seen. If they are too high, perhaps it might be time to add people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom