V&A's Chef's Table

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
How hard is it to score this ADR and is it really worth the upcharge from the other dining rooms at V&A's? Has anyone here ever had the chef's table? Thoughts?

The reason I ask.....I hope you're sitting down.....my oldest son will be turning 16 years old in March. For years when he'd see the episodes of 'Super Sweet 16' on Mtv he'd joke that those kids had it all wrong. He has always maintained that his ultimate Sweet 16 would be at WDW, just his family, and dinner at V&A's chef's table. We'd have a good chuckle at the impossibility of it, etc. Last week the subject of him turning 16 came up again and he quietly said, "Mom. Seriously. If there's any way at all that it could happen...I wouldn't want a present or anything...my ultimate dream is to go down to WDW w/just you & Dad for a couple days and I really reeeeaaally want to eat at that chef's table." Yes, he understands what the chef's table is. He knows the meal is over 3 hours. He realizes how it all works and just giggles, oohs, & aaahs whenever we've talked about it. I suggested maybe a really upscale restaurant in Houston but he said he wasn't interested in that. Sooooo, I'm just sorta exploring the possibilities right now. What mom doesn't want to make her kid's ultimate dreams come true, right?

Pioneer Hall

I can't speak from experience at V&A, but a Chef's table experience I believe would be a lot different. Besides for the gourmet food, you are paying for the experience and interaction. On a smaller scale, I did the Chef's wine dinner at Flying Fish a few months ago and I thought it was great. I got to speak to some awesome people in the kitchen while I ate and learned a lot about what goes into working in such a busy restaurant environment. I think that if he really wants the chef table, it's probably less for the food and more for the excitement of the situation. If the money isn't an issue and you are content with giving your son this as a gift, then I say go for it. I am sure that it will be something that he will remember forever.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I can't speak from experience at V&A, but a Chef's table experience I believe would be a lot different. Besides for the gourmet food, you are paying for the experience and interaction. On a smaller scale, I did the Chef's wine dinner at Flying Fish a few months ago and I thought it was great. I got to speak to some awesome people in the kitchen while I ate and learned a lot about what goes into working in such a busy restaurant environment. I think that if he really wants the chef table, it's probably less for the food and more for the excitement of the situation. If the money isn't an issue and you are content with giving your son this as a gift, then I say go for it. I am sure that it will be something that he will remember forever.

Interesting. Obviously a 16 year old isn't going to be having wine but the Flying Fish is an option if they have the interaction of a chef's table experience. I think that's a lot of what he looks at because he's very interested in culinary arts. Also, I wonder what other WDW restaurants offer a specialized experience of this kind. More food for thought....no pun intended but a good one nonetheless. :lol:

Thanks, Evan! :wave:

CaptainShortty

Unfortunately I can't speak from experience at V&A's although I would love to hear some answers because I'm interested if it's really worth the ridiculous price tag. That being said, here are a list of the other "specialty dining experiences".

- The Chef's Domain at Citrico's
- Chef's Menu at CoraNation Room (Kouzzina)
- Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner (Flying Fish)
- Dine with an Imagineer (Brown Derby or Flying Fish)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Unfortunately I can't speak from experience at V&A's although I would love to hear some answers because I'm interested if it's really worth the ridiculous price tag. That being said, here are a list of the other "specialty dining experiences".

- The Chef's Domain at Citrico's
- Chef's Menu at CoraNation Room (Kouzzina)
- Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner (Flying Fish)
- Dine with an Imagineer (Brown Derby or Flying Fish)

DH & I have done Lunch w/an Imagineer at the Brown Derby back in May '08. Wonderful experience that I highly recommend. Not a kitchen view but the Imagineer was truly fascinating and the meal was well worth the $$ spent.

tagrd

My wife and I were lucky enough to score a reservation at V&A's Chef's Table for her birthday a few years ago. At first I was thinking the price was a bit high, but I have to admit, it was worth every penny, and I would definitely do it again for a special occasion. It was hands down the best meal i have ever eaten. I live in NY and have been to many fine dining restaurants where the plates look beautiful and taste amazing, but they are tiny and you leave hungry. We not only has 10 courses, but many of the courses had multiple items within the course,so needless to say we were completely stuffed. The staff was also amazing, explaining every course. My wife is far from an adventurous eater, yet the chef got her to try a few things she now loves. Overall, it was by far well worth it. If you happen to do it...enjoy !!!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We did the chef's table last year for our anniversary. Yes, it was very expensive, but we think it was worth every penny. We booked at exactly the 180 window (from the start of our vacation) and were offered two different possible dates because the chef table is sometimes not available. Well worth the upcharge for us.

Here's my report and there is a link in the report to our pictures.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=619646

TomHendricks

We have never had the pleasure of doing the Chef's Table. It has always been booked when ever we decided to go to V&A. However this past trip we were able to get into the Queen Victoria Room, which is like Chef Table light. It has the same 10 course menu but without actually being in the kitchen. Its also cheaper then the Chefs Table, so that is something to consider.

dfk68

My GF and I ate at Chef's Table last month. We had been on a waiting list since January. When they called and offered us a seating the day before her birthday we jumped at it. Yes it's very expensive but this is an experience that goes far beyond the meal. The food was incredible but I was more impressed with the attention we received. Chef Hunnel and his staff spent time talking to us and answering all of our questions. I believe it's worth every cent!!

Don

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom