Using Uber from Disney to Universal with free wifi, can it be done?

Cartoons626

Original Poster
Hello :) Hopefully someone can help me with thus transportation question.

Basically after researching all the different transportation options from getting from our Disney resort hotel (Pop Centyry) to the Universal theme parks, we will go with either the mears shuttle or the cheaper option uber.

After looking through a lot of posts I still can't get a solid answer if you can use the free wifi at the Disney resort to book a uber on a smart phone, then have no wifi for the rest of the trip, then vise versa from universal on the way back?
Has anyone successfully done this (without data plan)?
Do you need wifi the whole trip or just when booking the uber?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I just can't seem to get an answer.

Thank you for any help :)

cdeev8690

You will need uber to request a ride back to your hotel after your visit to Universal though. I believe Universal offers free wifi but I don't remember being able to use it because it's straight up horrible. If someone in your group doesn't have a data plan, then you may run into issues requesting an uber when you're ready to leave the park. On the other hand, the taxi stand has a lot of cabs there at all hours of the day, so if you are experiencing wifi connectivity issues, you can likely just use one of them and attempt to haggle a price.

Cartoons626

Original Poster
You will need uber to request a ride back to your hotel after your visit to Universal though. I believe Universal offers free wifi but I don't remember being able to use it because it's straight up horrible. If someone in your group doesn't have a data plan, then you may run into issues requesting an uber when you're ready to leave the park. On the other hand, the taxi stand has a lot of cabs there at all hours of the day, so if you are experiencing wifi connectivity issues, you can likely just use one of them and attempt to haggle a price.

Thank you for the heads up, I was worried universals wifi would be weak, least as you say we will have a plan b with a normal taxi. I might give mears shuttle another think though.

Disneyhead'71

Universal has seriously upgraded their WiFi firepower. It shouldn't an issue.

Rob562

Thank you for the reply, do you know if there is wifi reception at the bus/taxi pick up section? Thank you :)

Even if it's only available in CityWalk, you can always request the Uber while at the edge of City Walk, set the pickup location, make sure it's on the way and get the car and driver info, and then walk over to the pickup area. The walk is only a couple minutes, which is usually about how long it takes the Uber driver to arrive.

Your only issue would be if there's a problem and the driver needs to contact you (though I presume you'd still have voice calling on your phone)

-Rob

Cartoons626

Original Poster
Even if it's only available in CityWalk, you can always request the Uber while at the edge of City Walk, set the pickup location, make sure it's on the way and get the car and driver info, and then walk over to the pickup area. The walk is only a couple minutes, which is usually about how long it takes the Uber driver to arrive.

Your only issue would be if there's a problem and the driver needs to contact you (though I presume you'd still have voice calling on your phone)

-Rob

Thank you for the tip :) Hopefully it will all work out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom