Using the Premier pass in Disneyworld

Kramerica

Original Poster
So I'm a premier pass holder. To those who don't know which pass this is, it's the annual pass which gets you into both Disneyland and Disneyworld. It's an old school, credit card type pass. And I've used it to get into the parks in Disneyland, which obviously doesn't use Magic Bands. So how does this work when I go to Disneyworld? Does it somehow link to my Magicband and I use that? Is there an RFID chip in this card that the scanners use in Disneyworld? Just trying to see what I'm looking at here..

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you have a MDE account [which you should set up if you don't], you can link your pass to your account. Then your pass will be connected to your Magic Band(s). The card does have an RFID chip, which can be used for park entry and FP+, but using Magic Bands is better because your on-ride photos detect the MB.

The transition from coast to coast used to be really weird, you had to "activate" your Premier when you first arrived at the second coast. I was pleasantly surprised this summer to discover that the two ticketing systems now talk to each other. My photo from WDW was on screen when I got to the turnstiles at DL. It was great. There are still glitches, but they're gradually working everything out.

If you have a resort reservation at WDW, you'll be able to book FP+ at WDW 60 days from check-in. Something you'll need to read up on, FPs are done differently at WDW.

Mukta

So I'm a premier pass holder. To those who don't know which pass this is, it's the annual pass which gets you into both Disneyland and Disneyworld. It's an old school, credit card type pass. And I've used it to get into the parks in Disneyland, which obviously doesn't use Magic Bands. So how does this work when I go to Disneyworld? Does it somehow link to my Magicband and I use that? Is there an RFID chip in this card that the scanners use in Disneyworld? Just trying to see what I'm looking at here..
Put your annual pass into MDE. That way it will link to your MB and you can make FPP.

I have had issues with my premier pass at WDW, so I always carry it with me in addition to my MB.

danyoung56

I've had one of these passes for a couple years now, and they have had a bunch of trouble with them. At worst, your Magic Band will do some things and your card will do others. One trip my MB opened my hotel room and was used for room charges, while park access and FP+ access were only from the card. As others have said they have made a lot of improvement to the system. But until you're sure, carry both your card and your MB with you.

PinnySmart

I've had one of these passes for a couple years now, and they have had a bunch of trouble with them. At worst, your Magic Band will do some things and your card will do others. One trip my MB opened my hotel room and was used for room charges, while park access and FP+ access were only from the card. As others have said they have made a lot of improvement to the system. But until you're sure, carry both your card and your MB with you.
Yes! Just got back from DL. My premiere pass has always given me trouble but they actually had to give me a comp ticket to use just that day for entry and fastpass. The manager sent an email to someone and the next day everything worked fine but when at WDW carry both your band and card. You will need your card for discounts anyway. And ID!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom