Using jogging trails....

jdr1000

Original Poster
I will be staying at an off premise hotel. Do I need any kind of pass or permisión to use the WDW resort jogging trails?

I wanted to do my early morning runs around that area if possible.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I will be staying at an off premise hotel. Do I need any kind of pass or permisión to use the WDW resort jogging trails?

I wanted to do my early morning runs around that area if possible.

No. The only thing I'm unsure about is parking. If you can get to the trails without parking your car at, say, the Wilderness Lodge, then there will be no problem at all. I have no idea what the gate guard person would say if you told them you just wanted to take a quick jog and needed to park for a half hour.

klineski96

No. The only thing I'm unsure about is parking. If you can get to the trails without parking your car at, say, the Wilderness Lodge, then there will be no problem at all. I have no idea what the gate guard person would say if you told them you just wanted to take a quick jog and needed to park for a half hour.

Just tell them you're there for a breakfast.
Provide your ID and you'll be directed towards the self parking lots.

Goofyernmost

Just tell them you're there for a breakfast.
Provide your ID and you'll be directed towards the self parking lots.
Just a warning... Some of the resorts will ask you for a name. They have a printout of ADR's for breakfast and if it doesn't match up you won't get in. I've had that happen at the Poly. They might not all do that, but, I think it's always a possibility.

Stormi

I've visited the resorts before without eating there. Just tell them you are there to checkout the resort for possible future stays. They only ask for ID. You are allowed to stay up to 3 hours

jdr1000

Original Poster
I just noticed that there is a 1.8 mile trail that goes thru the Boardwalk. I read at another thread that they allow you to park if going to the boardwalk since it is also open to non guests. Think that might work.

216bruce

On our trip for Marathon weekend we had our niece and hubby drop us off at WL after dinner at AKL. The guard asked for a magic band. He scanned it and let the car in, even though they (niece and hubby) were staying at Carr. Beach. I don't know if they would have let them in otherwise. Yeah, I could have used mine but it was never asked for. By the way there is now an expanded trail/jogging map at WL for the path that goes to FW and back. If I remember it's 2.5 miles or so. It's a great run and I've encountered deer there several times. Good luck sneaking in. Hope you can do it.

daveywilks

For a run at the Boardwalk you can park at Studios and run down the canal path and loop around the Boardwalk or you can park at Fantasia Gardens and cross the street and go through the Swan & Dolphin.

Runnin'Gator

For a run at the Boardwalk you can park at Studios and run down the canal path and loop around the Boardwalk or you can park at Fantasia Gardens and cross the street and go through the Swan & Dolphin.
I've done this too (parking at Fantasia Gardens). It's not the longest run, but if you do a couple of loops you can rack up a couple of miles. Take the spur to the Studios and it'll add another couple of miles.

jdr1000

Original Poster
Just to tell you what I did, just drove to Boardwalk hotel and the guard asked me for ID, I said I was coming in for breakfast at the boardwalk, showed him my drivers license. Parked, did my run and later tried to eat breakfast but the line was too long. All good.

CaptainAmerica

At any of the convention resorts, you'll be turned away if there's something going on that day that makes parking tight. You'll also probably be turned away from Epcot resorts during Food and Wine / Flower and Garden and from Magic Kingdom resorts most any day.

PeterMarcus

I've had problems parking at Boardwalk during the Epcot events mentioned above, but sometimes Yacht and Beach Club will still let you in. But, with early morning runs before the parks get busy, I don't think you'll have a huge problem, especially if you drive up wearing running clothes (that is, not "I'm going to be in the parks all day" clothes). The guards have some leeway -- I talked myself into a closed Boardwalk lot by describing the Gators/Bulldog game I wanted to see at ESPN. They just want to make sure you aren't trying to use their lots to hang out at Epcot/HS all day.

Missymoe4

I just noticed that there is a 1.8 mile trail that goes thru the Boardwalk. I read at another thread that they allow you to park if going to the boardwalk since it is also open to non guests. Think that might work.

I did see a bunch of joggers on a trail along the Boardwalk. I was on the boat between the HS and Boardwalk. The trail seems to run right alongside the water. It looks like a cool run.

FutureCEO

watch out for the people who don't bother getting out of the way though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom