[USH] Transformers - Full Video On-Ride

sponono88

Original Poster
The new Transformers ride at Universal Studios Hollywood is now in soft-opening mode, it will officially open next month

video by sharpproductions

[youtube]nqQ4hwN_-Pg[/youtube]

and a full walkthrough video of the queue

[youtube]Oh_MT7mwkho[/youtube]

(video by SoCalAdventureHD1)

Timekeeper

Jeez, the videographer could have given us the courtesy of throwing a polarizing filter on his lens. :cry:

Transformers (like Spider-Man) is a perfect match for this kind of ride system and technology. The experience really feels larger than life. :sohappy:

Timekeeper

Now of only they could being this to orlando, im not a fan of the transformers movies but loved the cartoons as a kid

That is something that's been discussed a lot, especially with attractions like T2 3D and E.T. on the chopping block.

One criticism against bringing it to Orlando is that the attraction is a clone of Spider-Man, much like how Dinosaur is a clone of Indiana Jones (Cali). But unlike Indy/Dino, which are starkly different in their ride environments and aesthetics, Spidy/Transformers are much more similar; driving around through New York-style city streets, etc.

I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing at added to USF, but not at the expense of E.T. I'd also like to see what other original ideas Universal has for new attractions before just cloning an existing ride from IOA.

dxwwf3

That is something that's been discussed a lot, especially with attractions like T2 3D and E.T. on the chopping block.

T2 is my favorite attraction at USF, but I can honestly see why they might be looking at a replacement. Although, I personally don't feel it is necessary at all. The preshow video is the only thing that feels dated to me.

As far as ET goes, that attraction needs a major refurbishment with updated AA's, but I do not think it needs a replacement. ET is timeless and will be a well known movie for many generations. Just spruce everything up.

BigThunderMatt

The only thing I think Spider-Man has over this is that Spider-Man has background music...this doesn't appear to have any. And the Transformer you're supposed to be driving in...whoever does his voice needs some serious acting lessons. No emotion whatsoever.

Bairstow

Is it my imagination, or are there more real-world props and more elaborate sets between the screens in this version than in Singapore's?

Timekeeper

T2 is my favorite attraction at USF, but I can honestly see why they might be looking at a replacement. Although, I personally don't feel it is necessary at all. The preshow video is the only thing that feels dated to me.

As far as ET goes, that attraction needs a major refurbishment with updated AA's, but I do not think it needs a replacement. ET is timeless and will be a well known movie for many generations. Just spruce everything up.

I completely agree with you on both points. :wave:

disney_nutter

One criticism against bringing it to Orlando is that the attraction is a clone of Spider-Man, much like how Dinosaur is a clone of Indiana Jones (Cali). But unlike Indy/Dino, which are starkly different in their ride environments and aesthetics, Spidy/Transformers are much more similar; driving around through New York-style city streets, etc.

I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing at added to USF, but not at the expense of E.T. I'd also like to see what other original ideas Universal has for new attractions before just cloning an existing ride from IOA.

It does look very much like Spiderman which guess would be a slight problem. As for ET, i love universal classic rides and im not a fan of they ripping them out, i think ET is really the only one we have left. If they were to put it into USF i would like them to put it into the old jaws area but we know that would never happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom