USF or Sea World?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Ok, I'm heading down in Feb. I'm gonna be there for 8 days...5 days in WDW, 1 relax day...and 2 days somewhere else...I know I want to go to IOA...but would you suggest go to USF or Sea World on the other day??? Plus, here's another question...should I get a 2 day hopper for Universal and try to cram both IOA and USF into ONE DAY??? and then save the other day for my next venture down there??? I go to USF every year and I haven't been to Sea World for SOOOO long and I wanna catch Kraken and Journey...and of course Shamu :) But, since I haven't been in a while...I'm not really sure if it's worth a full day or not

woofboy111

If you haven't been to Sea World in a while, but go to Universal every year, I reccomend you go to sea world, unless you haven't been to Islands of Adventure. If you haven't been there, go.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Originally posted by woofboy111
If you haven't been to Sea World in a while, but go to Universal every year, I reccomend you go to sea world, unless you haven't been to Islands of Adventure. If you haven't been there, go.

Actually, I kinda worded that wrong...I go to IoA every year because I love the rides...I haven't been to USF in a couple of years.

Tom Morrow

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a park full of Disney-like dark rides, visit Universal. If you like roller coasters (Kraken is WAY better than Hulk) and seeing zoo stuff, visit Sea World.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Really??? Kraken is better than the hulk??? I think the Hulk is my favorite coaster!!! And I have the Superman Ride of Steel up here...

How is Journey Into Atlantis??? anybody ever been on it?

Maria

I liked Journey to Atlantis a lot. I froze in there though... but loved getting soaked on the drops. SeaWorld was a lot of fun too! We took a backstage tour to pet a penguin and it was really cool. We saw Shamu and also the skiing show at the lagoon, and of course, took advantage of the free beer at the Hospitality Tent! We had so much fun fooling the guys to get more and more glasses of all kinds of beers! :D I don´t think Kraken was open in 99 or I would have remembered it... :confused:

I would suggest you to try SeaWorld, also get the hopper pass for USF and IoA, try to do both (since you already know what to look for in IoA), and keep the other ticket for another visit. :animwink:

wdwrules

if your doing disney for 5 days and ioa for at least 1 id probably go to sea world for a little change. but you can do both ioa and studios in a day, at least we usually do.

:animwink: :cool: :lol: :D

woofboy111

Originally posted by wdwrules
if your doing disney for 5 days and ioa for at least 1 id probably go to sea world for a little change. but you can do both ioa and studios in a day, at least we usually do.

:animwink: :cool: :lol: :D

But of course, two days is ALOT more relaxed! And you'll see more little stuff too.

Tom Morrow

Yes it is. Hulk is a good, but a little overrated. The launch is fun, but very weak compared to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster's. I must say, the first half of Hulk is great, but the back half is really rough and boring. IMO, the back half of Hulk sucks. They really did a poor job on the layout, and didn't even use any modern inversions. Kraken, on the other hand. while it doesn't have a launch, is much smoother and a great ride throughout (1 awesome, smooth inversion after another). Plus, theres no floor, and its themed just as much as Hulk.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'd go for USF.. there's just more to do. I've seriously done everything I wanted to do at SW in 4 hours.

btw-

is it just me, or does JTA look really cheap? I'm all for product placement, but when I see a huge black speaker box w/ "JBL" on it in the middle of a show scene, it sorta detracts from the show

CAPTAIN HOOK

We went in '01 and did USF in about 5 hours - its not changed that much over the years. We're going next year and doing IOA - our first visit. We do SeaWorld every time - I'd recommend it

markymark

Originally posted by wdwmouse8

Is not :animwink:

I'd say that if you like action, go to usf.

I have to disagree - I think the Hulk is a great coaster, don't get me wrong, but I really think Kraken is by far the better of the two.

woofboy111

Originally posted by mktiggerman

btw-

is it just me, or does JTA look really cheap? I'm all for product placement, but when I see a huge black speaker box w/ "JBL" on it in the middle of a show scene, it sorta detracts from the show

I wouldn't say it looks really cheap. Compare it to something at six flags, and it's a great ride, but it's no splash mt.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Well, I think I'm gonna take Maria's advice and buy the hopper and save it for another visit. I miss Shamu :)

james4023464

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Well, I think I'm gonna take Maria's advice and buy the hopper and save it for another visit. I miss Shamu :)

Don't get the hopper, I went to Universal in 2000 got the hopper. Every thing went fine, we decided to go to USF first then go to IOA next. We got in to USF fine great park, then when we tried to get into IOA they would not let us. We complained to managment for more than an hour and they still would not let us in I was so ticked off. I could hear Hulk in the backround. Be carful when you get the hopper pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom