uptown funk with a tree on the course( cotton row huntsville al)

imagination30

Original Poster
lets just say this report will be Odd , bc so many first this year. lol .. so lets get started..
this is the 36 annuel cotton row run In down town Huntsville al. , but again.. they said it was suppose to rain
but again we managed to dodged the bullet on that. so it was a nice morning... and we were set to go when they made the annoucement that One of main Hills on the Course .. a big tree. so we were foreced to wait almost a hour till we got to start.. , so trying to stay loose was kinda hard and tiring at best.. but the the coolest thing is all of a sudden we had a uptown funk flashmob dance party to pass the time .. ti was so cool ,,, people were videoing and taking pitcure.. ,, that passed the time , then we could start.. so Now here we are the start of the race.. I actully felt good ... main bc of the overcast , and being prepared this year.. but I hit mile one ... at 7:30 and around this point I was starting to feel the heat , prob. bc running the whole way and the humidity .. but as i approched mile 2 , i was at 15:14 I was doing good , to possibly beat my time from 2 years ago and Pr. , w ewill hav to wait and see if that happens.. , In the mean time
about mile 3 , I grabbed a cup of water and dumbed it on my head and walked alittle to prepare my self for the Hill (mt wood) this is the hill where they play rocky while go up .. its very steep. so mile 3 , i was at 26:54 or close around that. ( this is whewre the tree came down ... ) i didnt see any debre from it .. dad asked me if i did i said no i was to focused!.. but Up and passed the next part of the Course was a gradual down hill all the way in to down town . its the beautiful and senic poart of the course i think.. - sothis is where you can make up time if you have lost it!... and i did .. and what you know we are at mile 4 .. 34:51 so we countuied on for the last 3 miles .. now we hit mile 5.. as i didnt notice last year this year they had a clock as you rounded the corner , i glanced at it .. and it was 46:50 or something .. so i was like cool i can break my record from 2 years ago.. , so i up and the corner and to finish line i go. there was smething new this year .. they put a water stop on the straightaway to the finish line.. but i was so ready to be done. so i turned on the sprint / jog but not to fast as i was told by my dad ( gee thanks dad) ... but I hot the finish line at 53:05 , 3 hours shy of 2 years ago.. but Decent time to send in to disney this week for Marathon weekend! ... but I was in the top 400 out of 1021 or so..
overall i was 468 so even though I didnt get my time from 2 years ago.. I mangaed a decent time this year!

now i get a break until october then its training for wdw half and 5 k and a possible christmas race..
but with this race i have logged 195. 45 miles this year so far!

Last edited:

imagination30

Original Poster
here is a video of the Hill ( mt wood ,) where the tree fell , and i am between11:23 /11:26 in the video , with my st jude tank and wdw head band!-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom