Upgrading Theme Park Tickets

DiSnEyF@n

Hello all. I am wondering if I purchase magic your way base tickets through Disney or AAA can I upgrade and add the park hopper option later on, like at the hotel when we get there?

Thanks!!!

Rob562

Yes, you can. Hotel *should* be able to do it, but ticket booth or Guest Relations at a park definitely can.
It also doesn't have to be right at the beginning. You can wait until mid-trip and you know you need it.

-Rob

Upvote 0

SDisney90

Hello all. I am wondering if I purchase magic your way base tickets through Disney or AAA can I upgrade and add the park hopper option later on, like at the hotel when we get there?

Thanks!!!
Yes you can the only thing you have to remember is if you purchased your package already through Disney or AAA as a deal (discounted tickets) you will not be able to get that discount at the desk at your hotel. In 2013 I booked a Stay Play and Dine package and realized when I got there I wanted to book 1 more park day for our last day. The CM at the desk told me I would have to pay regular price for the ticket because it's not longer considered part of my package deal.. so just keep that in mind.

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
They might not be a part of a package, but if they are discounted, you can "check-in" to the park (go through the gate activating your ticket) and then upgrade them at Guest Relations. If they are standard price tickets your resort will be able to upgrade for you.

The difference is that by upgrading discount tickets, they will charge you the price you saved as part of your upgrade. Once you activate the ticket, then you are locked into the credit of the ticket as if you paid full price. I did this at Guest Relations in December when I upgraded (heavily discounted) seven day park hoppers to an Annual Pass. They gave me the full seven day credit (instead of four day that it cost me, thanks TICKETSATWORK)

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom