Upgrades to Agent P's World Showcase Adventure coming later this week

ToTBellHop

Definitely time for this. I wonder how frequently these phones need to be replaced? Seems to me they would get broken frequently.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
This makes complete sense to update the phones.
I still kinda wish they'd remove it completely, but my kids would stone me to death if they heard me say that.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
That's good. Were there ever any new effects when they converted it from Kim Possible? I know some were changed, but I want something NEW to happen!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Why? Unless you are playing, you barely notice that it exists, so it strikes me as a good thing to have around for those that enjoy it.
I don't quite think you don't notice it. You hear it all over the place, see things moving all around in every pavilion that it exists in. Everywhere you step the sounds of the countries themselves are lost to a sea of voices from Doofenshmirtz to Carl to Major Monogram. It's also one of the only things that has really "intruded" on the World Showcase from what it originally was.
Selfishly I'd rather it go back to being about the countries themselves. I now spend what little time I get in WS running around after my kid looking for the next trigger event, instead of actually taking time to enjoy the pavilion itself for what it is.
Easy to control that one I guess is just say "no" to the kids, but that's where the statement about my kids stoning me came in. They love it.
All things considered, there are 1000 things at Epcot I'd rather see them address first, as you mention, all things considered, this is pretty innocuous.

FerretAfros

Interesting that they're upgrading the system, considering that the TV show seems to be nearing the end of its lifespan. Other than a couple of special crossover episodes, they haven't released anything new in nearly a year. I wonder if they have another series in mind to take over in another year or two. Then again, the Kim Possible version opened a couple years after the show ended, so I guess it's never been all that current

And I agree that the phone noise and effects are somewhat annoying, but they're not nearly as bad as the do-do-do-do 'alarm' from the KP days!

doctornick

Interesting that they're upgrading the system, considering that the TV show seems to be nearing the end of its lifespan. Other than a couple of special crossover episodes, they haven't released anything new in nearly a year. I wonder if they have another series in mind to take over in another year or two. Then again, the Kim Possible version opened a couple years after the show ended, so I guess it's never been all that current

IIRC, they have stopped production of the show, but have new episodes completed they are still airing. New episodes are on Disney XD now, as opposed to the regular Disney Channel

Magic Feather

I heard the Norway finale will finally move outside to the rehabbed waterfall where the sword is revealed, also, couldn't the iPhones be more likely to break in the Dropbox or if just dropped

Buried20KLeague

IIRC, they have stopped production of the show, but have new episodes completed they are still airing. New episodes are on Disney XD now, as opposed to the regular Disney Channel

Wow. This show just sort of fell off the face of the earth! It was the hottest thing going, and I even rather enjoyed it when I walked passed and the kids had it on. Dr. Doof literally makes me laugh out loud, which hardly any show (kids or not) does.

Do we know if it's because Disney only lets these shows live for a certain length of time, or is it because people don't like it anymore?

This pretty well tells me that the Imagination pavilion will never be re-themed to a Disney channel cartoon (for better or worse).

EvilQueen-T

I like the game but also wish they'd have added some new items after it changed from KP. When my granddaughter plays she knows we balance between what she wants to do and what we want to do so it's a win/win for us and not us just running behind her from spot to spot. Personally, I'm glad there is something besides the kid spots to help them pass the time while the adults eat/drink/shop around the world.

seascape

I like the game but also wish they'd have added some new items after it changed from KP. When my granddaughter plays she knows we balance between what she wants to do and what we want to do so it's a win/win for us and not us just running behind her from spot to spot. Personally, I'm glad there is something besides the kid spots to help them pass the time while the adults eat/drink/shop around the world.
All this game does is make somethings move and make sounds. It sounds just like what universal is doing with their magic wands. The difference is universal is charging $40 to $60 for the wands. Maybe Disney should sell wands too. After all Universal couldn't complain since they are copying from Disney on this.

bhg469

I love this, it's by far my favorite addition to wdw in years. It's non intrusive, it doesn't remove anything from the world showcase pavilion and its fun. Hooray for some progress.

Wish it was still Kim possible but it's a very neat concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom